Camping 1

It Started With A Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kim Haemi’s POV

Now that I think about it, Haejin and I never really have girly talks with each other. She’s been absent for about half of my life; since we grew up apart during our early teens. She was neither there during my first menstruation, nor when I first had a crush on a boy. I won’t deny that we have some awesome childhood memories together – but it’s just that when she reenters my life a couple years back, both of us have become used to not depend on a sister, hence leading on creating a boundary between us.

We share stupid jokes and stuff, we’re pretty comfortable with each other, but we just don’t turn to one another and cry in the other’s arms when things get rough. It almost feels like it’s uncool to do so.

The thought never really bothered me that much before. I guess we’re just like that. But right now, as we’re huddled in a rented four-wheel drive heading to an unknown forest, I can’t stop staring at her, Yongguk, and Himchan. It was shocking enough when I realized she developed interest in Yongguk despite hating him with a passion before – but now, what Junhong told me a couple nights ago haunts my every thought.

The car takes an exit into an undeveloped pathway. “Are you sure we’re going the right way?” Youngjae asks Yongguk who’s driving.

Yongguk turns to Himchan who’s in the passenger seat, holding a spread out map. Himchan nods on his behalf, “Yeah we are. I think. We’ll be alright.”

The ride is extremely bumpy, with Daehyun trying to be funny as he presses against me. I am squished between him and Junhong at the back seat. In front of us Haejin is fast asleep with her head on Jongup’s shoulder and his on hers. Youngjae’s on the other side of Jongup, swinging his phone around in hopes of getting network connection.

“Just give up, Youngjae. This is going to be 2 days without technology,” Daehyun sighs as he hit the other’s head with a small cushion. Youngjae sulks and tries to sleep.

It’s Himchan’s brilliant, sudden idea; we’re going camping in the woods. He just came up with it yesterday; said for us to take a break from school and schedules. We started our journey after lunch in the afternoon today.

“Don’t worry, I’ve been there before. We’re not going to sleep in tents – there’s a small, decent cabin there. And there’ll be electricity,” Himchan assures monotonously.

Thank God. I thought I’d have to poop in a river or something.

 

 

Kim Haejin’s POV

We arrive at our destination after a while. And I must say – the scenery’s beautiful. Tall trees shade the area. Fresh air and the sound of river flowing is enchanting. The wooden cabin sits there just feet away from the river. It’s definitely an escapade.

I didn’t want to join, originally. I’d rather spend my semester break on other things, like, staying away from Himchan. He’s been making me so confused lately and I hate it. But the other boys insisted that everyone should go. If Jongup didn’t pull the guilty ticket on me, I wouldn’t even be here. But he did, and I’m really glad he did.

I help Yongguk and Himchan unload the trunk while the kids ran off to play. Jongup’s picking on a spider web and tries to scare Youngjae who couldn’t care less. Daehyun is already knee-deep in the water, laughing excitedly as he splashes water to Junhong and Haemi who don’t seem very enthusiastic about it.

I tail after the other two guys into the small cabin. The interior is very simple yet gorgeous. There is only one room and Yongguk decided that the room should be for Haemi and I while the guys will sleep in the living room. Himchan agrees and walks out to get more stuff from the car.

I sit on the bed. It’s not that bad. The guys would have to sleep on the floor in their sleeping bags or comforters later. “You’re really giving this up for us?” I ask Yongguk regarding the bed.

He shrugs, “Yes, unless you’d like to share it with me – I don’t mind.”

I debate on whether to punch that stupid smirk off of his face or just kiss it away. I settle with rolling my eyes and kicking his leg instead.

He laughs – apparently it didn’t hurt. He sits down next to me on the bed, his eyes drop from mine to my lips. I unconsciously mirror his actions. There is something about being near Yongguk that feels unbearable – like I just want to grab his face and make out. He leans closer,

A knock came to the opened door. I practically jump

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter