Of Clarifications and Strong Chemistries

It Started With A Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yongguk’s POV

I don’t think I’m in a sober enough condition to drive, so we took the bus. She’s been holding on to the end of my sleeve ever since we went out of the house. She notices that I was staring at her hand, and she took me by surprise as she interlaces our fingers together. “I’m sorry…are you uncomfortable with this? It’s just that my hands are getting cold.”

I shake my head, “It is okay.” Her hands are smooth – unlike Haejin’s. Haejin’s hands are kinda rough for a lady, but her touches are gentle. I don’t know how to explain it.

Haejin didn’t really join us tonight. Was it because we didn’t let her know that we’re having a guest over? She must’ve worry that the food won’t be enough when there’s an extra mouth – but Sunhi barely ate, anyways.

The neon light of the bus clock shows 1:55AM. Wow. Another day has passed. 20 days more.

Sunhi yawns and places her head on my shoulder. Her hair’s soft and smells good. Like cherries. Haejin’s hair smells better, though. Hers smells like grapes and...happiness. I don’t know how to explain it.

Haha, Haejin looks so good when she has her hair up in a ponytail, and her eyebrows scrunched as she focuses on something. Or when she wakes up in the morning, with her hair in a messy bun, and races me to the bathroom. Then she’d stick her tongue out when she gets to the bathroom first. Or if I get it first, she claws the door and pester me to hurry up.

Sunhi snuggles closer to me and links her arm with mine.

Hahaha, I just love the way Haejin unconsciously move her hips to music in her head while she cooks. And the way she asks me to taste her cooking. And the way she slowly blows the hot soup before bringing the ladle to my lips. And the way she smiles when I say it tastes fine.

The bus halts to a stop. I nudge Sunhi lightly, “We’re here, Sunhi.” We got off the bus and I walk her to her apartment block. 

“Thank you, oppa,” she sighs with her significant soft smile. I miss Haejin’s smile already. “Would you like to…,” she glances up the apartment and back to me, “…stay the night?”

Her smirk when she proves me wrong. And her sly smile when she found my stash. And her sincere smile when she thanks me. And most of all, the unconscious smile she has on when we’re just sitting together.

Sunhi tilts her head as she patiently waits for my response. “Oh – no, no, I better not. I better…get going. You should get some rest.” I wonder what Haejin’s doing right now? Is she asleep yet?

“Oppa,” Sunhi grabs my arm with both of her hands, “why not? Besides, I think there won’t be any buses left for tonight. Instead of walking home for about half an hour, why don’t you stay over and I’ll make you some hot coffee? And I…I kinda need a companion for the night.”

I guess there’s no harm in a cup of coffee. I shrug, “Sure.”

 

 

Kim Himchan’s POV

“I don’t think this is a good idea,” I muttered under my breath.

Sunhi’s shoulders dropped, “Why not?”

“Because—” I my teeth, trying to lower my voice so the others in the house won’t hear. Sunhi and I stood on the other side of the door, “you know, you should’ve at least told me earlier that you’re joining us for tonight.”

Tonight’s supposed to be only for the usual 8 of us – the members, Haejin, and Haemi. We planned to have dinner at home and drink together.

Basically just spending time together while we can.

She sulkled, “Daehyun and Youngjae invited me.”

“No, you, invited yourself along. Don’t think I don’t know that you overheard their plans for tonight and decided to come,” I retorted sharply.

“Okay, so what? What’s wrong with that? It’s not like the media will find out – I’m being really careful!” she bit her lip, trying to hold herself back from bursting in frustration. 

I let go of her wrists, “I just prefer if there’re no outsiders for tonight.”

 

I splash my face with water. Maybe I shouldn’t have been so harsh on her. Ugh, whatever. I wipe my face with a clean cloth while walking to the living room. Daehyun, Youngjae, Jongup, Junhong, and Haemi are sleeping sprawled all over the floor. I take some extra blankets and drape them over the sleeping kids.

If Haemi’s sleeping here, that means Haejin must be sleeping alone.

I go to their room and push the door open. There she is, alone on her bed, but not sleeping. She holds up a can of beer and grins at me. I take it away from her and sit by her feet. “You’ve been drinking alone? Why didn’t you join us party tonight?”

She gets on all fours and crawls towards me. I try to look away from her exposed cleavage. She slaps my forearm and snatches her beer back. She downs it and grabs another can.  

I sigh, “That’s enough, Haejin,” I grab her wrist and uncoil her fingers off t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter