Starting Over

It Started With A Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kim Himchan’s POV

“Yeah, I’ll meet you at our usual coffee shop tonight. Love you too, Sunhi,” I hung up before entering the dorm.

Everyone was gathered around our small dining table, chattering away happily. The table was full with an assortment of savouring dishes. Zelo acknowledged me, “Oh hyung! You’re back!”

Haemi scooted away from Youngjae to give me some space. I sat down between them, confused as I adored the mouth-watering food. “What’s the special occasion?”

Youngjae nudged me with a giggle, beckoning over at the kitchen where Haejin’s back figure was busy at the stove. Her hair was tied into a messy bun and the apron complimented her slim figure. “She’s making dinner for us because she planned to start over – to be on good terms with us.”

Daehyun leaned closer to whisper, “Are you sure she won’t poison us?”

“I was wondering the same thing...,” Yongguk murmured with a troubled expression.

“Are you daring me to?” Haejin shot back, carrying a pot of kimchi soup over to our table. She caught me staring and, taking me by surprise, she smiled, “Ah, Himchan-shi, glad you decided to join us for dinner.”

I searched for any hint of sarcasm from her expression, but she looked away before I could manage to. I cleared my throat, feeling a tad bit uneasy, “Yeah, um, looks really delicious...Haejin-shi.”

“Why are you two still keeping up with the formalities? I told you to drop it,” Daehyun whined, “Haejin-ah, you should just call him by Himchan.”

Haejin casually sat in between him and Yongguk, right across of me. “Should I really?” she smiled, peeking at me from under her fringe, “Will that be okay with you, Himchan?”

It had been a while since she had looked at me without so much hatred in her eyes. If she wanted to start over, I would, too. Let’s just forget about the past. I smiled back, “Sounds good, Haejin-ah.”

She turned to look at the others, “Well what are you people waiting for? Eat up.”

“Or,” Daehyun chirped, raising his spoon up as to speak, “you should call him by Himchan-oppa. That’d be cute.”

“Hoo hoooo Himchan-oppa~~~” Youngjae chirped with a mouthful of rice.

I remember very clearly how she used to call me by that. I recalled the warm feeling it gave me whenever she did.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter