Runaway

It Started With A Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bang Yongguk’s POV

I can’t wait to show it to her.

My fingertips graze against a piece of photograph crumpled in my jacket pocket. I’ve been grinning throughout the whole day despite our packed schedule until my gums feel dried out.

“Hyung, please stop grinning like that. You’re scaring me,” Daehyun whines as he opens the door to our apartment.

I glance at him, grin wider, and let out a thunderous laugh before walking in with the other members giving me strange looks. I fast-walk to her room eagerly – only to be welcomed by Haemi, slouched on the bed with a piece of paper and keys in her hands.

“Haemi, we’re home,” Usually, she’d leap to her feet and give us a warm welcome. Yet now she remains still. “Haemi-ah, where’s your sister?”

“Gone,” I barely hear her whisper, “she’s gone. She left.”

The other guys approach her at the bed. I stood my ground at her door. My hand slips out from my jacket pocket, a dread feeling crawling up my limbs. “What do you mean she left?”

Daehyun takes the paper from her hand, “’You’re welcome’? What is this?” He then takes the keys, “What are these for?”

“That’s the note she left. I don’t understand it either,” she shakes her head meekly, “but those keys are the keys to our house – our previous house.” Her eyes search to everyone’s and finally lands on mine, “her suitcase is gone. All her stuff is gone.”

I grip onto the door frame as I take it all in. Himchan takes out his phone and curses, “Her phone’s switched off.” The other guys murmur in an uneasy atmosphere. Then they all look at me.

 

 

Jung Daehyun’s POV

“Hyung, did you get in a fight with her?” I accuse. It’s almost always Yongguk’s fault when it comes to making Haejin upset.

He stands there by the door, lips moving but no audible words coming out. All eyes are on him. He finally excuses himself and we hear the front door slam shut.

Himchan sighs and turns to Haemi. He gives her shoulder a reassuring squeeze, “We will find her. Don’t worry,” he turns to Junhong, “You stay here with her, okay?”

Junhong nods and sits by her side, gripping onto her hands.

“The other three of you, come with me,” Himchan’s tone is serious as he trudges out with the remaining three of us tailing behind him. None of us spoke on the way down in the elevator, delved in our own thoughts and probabilities of Haejin’s whereabouts.

We jog to where the company car was parked, but it was nowhere to be found. Yongguk must’ve taken it. Himchan’s jaws are clenched and fists balled. He curses to the ground and seems to near his edge from breaking down. We rush to the bus stop.

“Hyung, should we search for her separately?” Youngjae carefully asks.

Himchan shakes his head, “No, we’re going together. I need all of you to convince her to come back.”

It’s already midnight hence we’re the only ones in the bus, aside from the bus driver. It’s been such a long day of packed schedule. My body is extremely sore – that idiot better watch it when we find her.

Himchan goes to the bus driver, whispers something to him and hands him a huge amount of cash. He comes back to the back of the bus where we’re seated and looks out the window. The bus picks up velocity. Youngjae, Jongup and I excha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter