Camping 2

It Started With A Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Haemi’s POV

The thought bothers me too much. I can’t stop thinking about it. It’s just so wrong on every level.

Yongguk and Haejin are cooking together, and I can tell that there’s a strong connection between them just by the way they look at each other. Across of them, sitting on the rocks by the river, is Himchan. He sits there unobtrusively as he stares at the couple. I can’t bear with this confusion any longer. I need answers.

“Hey,” Himchan’s attention diverts to me as I sit in front of him. I have no idea how to start. He tilts his head and smiles, “What’s going on in that pretty mind of yours?”

I believe he’s not a bad guy. Himchan has always been nice to me. He’s quite a sweetheart with his caring and funny personality. But how did that incident happen? “I know about you and my sister,” I blurt out, “about the kiss in Japan.”

He seems taken aback in a split second but regains his composure. “Did she talk to you about it?”

“No,” I admit dryly, “I was hoping you would.”

“I don’t think your sister would be very fond of me if I go telling you about it.”

I glance over to Haejin and Yongguk, apparently oblivious of the conversation I’m having, and Himchan follows my gaze. “Just tell me.”

He shakes his head with a sigh. He tries to smile, “Haemi-ah, let’s not.”

“You were already an item with Sunhi at that time,” I pressed, “you cheated on her. Why would you cheat on her? I hate it that I understand why she’d say those things to Haejin – because to her, it seems like Haejin’s the one who came in between you and Sunhi, am I right?”

“Well, maybe you’re getting it all wrong. Maybe Sunhi’s the one who came in between me and Haejin.”

I furrow my eyebrows, “What are you talking about? You started dating Sunhi even before you met us – I know that much.”

I can see that he’s getting restless. “No, no, no, Haemi – you don’t know much, okay? I know much. I know a lot about what’s going on and trust me – it’s not something you’d want to get stuck in the middle in.”

I don’t think I’ve ever seen this side of him. It’s making me uneasy yet greedy to figure out.

“I know your sister way more than you ever do,” he chuckles disdainfully, “you have no idea what her life was like before the accident, do you?”

The accident? How would he know about that? Did Haejin tell him? That’s impossible.

Himchan’s jaw clenches, “You know; when two people are in love, no matter what comes their way – be it a heartbreak, a breakup, or a third party – they’ll always find their way back to each other. And for the record,” His frown relaxes into a smirk tugging on the corner of his lips, “she kissed me back.”

 

 

“That son of a ,” Haejin mutters under her breath. Her lips turn chapped at her sudden nervousness after I told her what Himchan told me. She tries to walk away but I stop her. She understands that I’m waiting for an explanation. “Himchan and I were,” her eyes burn with anger, latched onto Himchan who sat by the riverbank, “high school sweethearts.”

 

Kim Haejin’s POV

He sneezes for the umpteenth time. I give him a nonchalant look. The fire cackles as the two of us sit in front of the fireplace. He shivers in the thick blanket he’s wrapped in and gives me a pathetic look, “Can you please make me a hot drink?”

I snort, “Hell no.”

“But I’m—” sneezes “—c-cold.”

I glare at him, “Should I roll you into the fire? That’ll surely keep you warm.”

The talking burrito shuts up at that. I can hear laughter from the others outside. They’re setting up a bonfire and Himchan and I are not allowed to join. Yongguk decided to ‘wear the pants’, as he said, and won’t let me join because apparently he ‘fails to understand’ me. Not like I’m even in the mood to. If I could join them, I’d probably just roast Himchan up alive.

“Do you remember the summer camp we went to together?”

I make a zipping motion on my lips to tell him to shut up. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter