"We're Married."

It Started With A Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Haejin's POV

“Ew. He’s ugly.”

Haemi turned to face me from the laptop screen with a displeased look. “Eonni-yah, you mispronounced charming.”

I rolled my eyes. “You call that gummy smile charming? I’ve seen better looking apes,” I replied nonchalantly.

“Well excuse me,” Haemi started. I heaved a sigh, preparing for what was coming. “Bang Yongguk is the most talented human being you could ever find. He’s the best rapper around, and he writes his own songs, and he takes good care of s, and his gummy smile is just extremely charming, and lovable, and—” She was about to give me one of her speeches on how those ugly-dancing-monkeys she addressed as her beloved oppas are perfect in every aspect.

But I managed to escape that session as I proceeded on grabbing my jacket. “I’ll be out for a while. Dinner’s in the microwave.”

She replied with a low grunt, a stupid grin was plastered on her face as she kept on scrolling through some pictures of dancing baboons on tumblr. Excuse me. I meant teen-idol oppas.

I took the cab with the few remaining of my weekly money down the cold, night street to a club where Yonghee was already on her second shot. The familiar lean, edgy figure beamed as she saw me across the crowd. I squeezed in between people practically grinding against each other, making my way to her.

She smiled, her head bobbing along to the upbeat music. “Hey Jay, pour my girl a shot,” she said over the music, grinning at the tattooed bartender across the counter. His black wife-beater complimented his well-built figure.   

He peeked over, smiling at me. “New girl I see. You have really pretty friends, G,” he slid the iced drink towards me, “enjoy your night.”

“Thanks,” I muttered, drinking down the Jack Daniel’s in one shot. The blaring club light was giving me a headache already as it turned from a neon colour to another.

Yonghee poured me another along with hers. The clock struck 12. She raised her shot glass, “For your 20th birthday,” she slurred

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter