Bi Zui.

Good Night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMOn5nstX_Q

~

Slowly turning around to see who had asked you, you blinked and stared, half in shock and half in disdain.

Kris asked politely, "May I have this dance, miss __________?"

When you felt your cheeks tinting pink in heat, you convinced yourself that it was the wine.

You looked up to see LuHan encouraging you, waving his hands forward.

Tao took notice and slightly nudged you forward, "Whoops sorry-"

Emitting a small gasp, you held your hands out in front of you, safely landing in Kris' arms.

He whispered, "Now one step back.."

You glanced around and saw inquistive and concerned looks on the other guests' faces and did as told, naturally falling into rhythm.

The music changed into a slow one, catching you off guard.

Refusing to meet eyes with the prince, you stared down at the button on his jacket.

"Is there something on my shirt..?"

Your head snapped up, "N-no."

He asked, "Then...?"

Your voice squeaked, "It's nothing!"

A couple bumped into you, making you lose balance and stumble, clutching onto Kris' shirt for dear life.

Kris immediately held you upright, realizing what you were doing, "Sorry..."

He shook his head good-naturedly, "It's okay."

Not meeting eyes with him, you looked over his shoulder, blushing brightly.

Glancing down at your small frame, Kris noticed a pink tint dusting your cheeks and chuckled.

You looked up and met eyes with Kris who froze at how your eyes seemed to sparkle.

The two of you stayed rooted even as the song slowly faded to a stop, switching to a more festive one.

Breaking the gaze first, you cleared your throat and murmered, "Excuse me."

Kris blinked and slowly walked off, feeling the emptiness from the missing warmth that was in his arms moments ago.

Choosing a small corner near the walls, you placed a hand over your drumming heart and fanned yourself, *It was nothing.*

XiuMin peered at Kris, "Hmm...what is this disappointed expression you have on your face?"

Lay and Chen grinned at the comment, teasing Kris who rolled his eyes and muttered, "Shut up."

Tao came bounding up the steps, "Gege! Do you know her? She's really pretty right?"

Kris coughed into his fist and mumbled, "Time to greet more guests."

LuHan gave Kris a knowing smile, batting his eyes innocently.

Shaking his head in amusement Kris spoke, "Bi zui."

Not even Kris could hide the fact that his eyes were scanning around the room cautiously and carefully, looking for a pair of sparkling eyes.