Next To You.

Good Night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ8nfAiDXEg

~

After the embarrassing lunch spectacle, you hurriedly went to your locker, changed into your gym uniform and tried to hide in the corner of the gymnasium.

You thought you had escaped the watching stares of your classmates around you when the gym teacher said, "Alright we have outdoors gym today. We're going to run laps."

Inwardly groaning, you made your way to the bleachers outside.

Kris scanned the vicinity, stopping when he saw your neat ponytail and long legs.

*Damn, why are the girls' gym shorts so tiny...*

XiuMin clucked his tongue, "Shame Wu Fan looking at a girl like that."

Shooting him a dirty look, Kris rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Hey look. That girl's been eyeing our gege."

Kris looked up to see a girl in tight shorts and a tight-fitting top glance at Kris and then bend down.

At that exact moment, you looked up to see Kris looking at that girl.

You didn't know why but your cheeks flamed as she bent down, *All boys are the same.*

Yawning, Chen stated, "I don't understand why they have this unnecessary outdoors gym day. The vampires always outrun humans anyway. There's no point."

XiuMin nodded, "Especially since we all know Wu Yi Fan over here is going to be the first."

Blowing his whistle, "Alright boys, line up in groups of 7."

Kris, Chen, Lay and XiuMin lined up with 3 other boys and quickly finished their laps.

Boys grumbled that their prides were crushed and sulkingly made their way to their seats.

Soon it was the girls' turns.

You gulped, you weren't weak but doing physical activity wasn't one of your strong traits.

The girl who looked at Kris before got on line as well, when the whistle blew, she took off strong and graceful.

Trying your best and taking your time, you ran with all your might, not concerning with the others around you.

Unknowingly to you, your necklace gave a little shimmer before your feet carried you ahead of everyone else.

The girl's eyes narrowed, *No one EVER beats me. Who does this vermin think she is?*

You didn't even realize you were ahead when a vine grew from a crack on the trackfield and ensnared your feet.

Eyes widening, you let out a yelp before falling hard on your knees.

Lay stood up, enraged, "HEY YOU CHEATED."

The girl passed by you, smirking a bit before getting back to the starting point.

Still in shock from the fall, you carefully tried to stand and dust your hands but stopped at the stinging pain on your knees.

Both of your knees had received giant scrapes, blood dripping from your wounds.

Before you could get up, someone had already picked you up and was headed towards the fountains.

Your mouth was agape as Kris with a dark expression carried you and gingerly placed you on the steps next to the fountains.

Unable to control your mouth, "I'm not a baby I can do this myself. Go to that girl over there."

Kris frowned and took off his gym shirt, using it to clean the blood as much as he could.

You pushed him away, "Go away."

He stared at you, "What is wrong with you."

"Nothing. Go to that girl, I'm sure she'd be happy to see you-"

He raised an eyebrow, "Why would I want to go to her? I already told you. I'm only concerned with you."

You were silent, biting your lip.

Crossing his arms over his chest, "Did I do something wrong?"

You looked down, *No. Just go to your girlfriend or whatever please.*

Kris bent down in front of you, "Tell me please if I did something wrong."

Shaking your head, you muttered, "It's nothing."

He blinked confusedly, *What could be bothering her? Why does she keep telling me to go to that girl? It's not like she's jeal-*

Pausing, he slyly glanced at you, "Why do you want me to go to her?"

Your cheeks tinted pink.

*Bingo.*

"I mean..if you really want me to...I'll go to her. I mean it's not like it really matters right? It's not like you like me or something...right?"

"It's not like your jealous or something right?"

Your eyes widened as you blinked rapidly, "N-no. Of course not."

Grinning to himself, "Oh really?"

Nodding slowly, you mumbled, "Now go away."

Smiling widely, Kris continued to clean your knees, you blew a raspberry and crossed your arms.

When he was done, he stood at eye level with you and said, "I don't want to. I'm going to stay right here.

*Next to you.*

Your expression turned into one of surprise as Kris called Lay over to heal your knees.