Protection.

Good Night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CILcZUoGi4c

~

After the lights flickered off, you remained seated on your couch for 30 seconds.

Sighing, *I haven't experienced a thunderstorm this bad in a while..*

Unable to see anything before you, you took out your cell phone and used it as a flashlight.

Holding it out in front of you, you jumped when you saw a shadow dodging the light.

You held your phone towards it but there was nothing there, *It's nothing..let's go upstairs and sleep.*

As you made your way to the staircase you felt someone or something watching you.

Turning around, you frowned to see darkness.

The wind howled and the thunder crashed loudly, causing you to drop your phone.

Groaning, you bent down to pick it up when you heard footsteps from outside.

Eyes widening in fear, you sat down and covered your head, *This isn't real. It's not happening.*

You heard banging on your door and hyperventilated, *No no no no.*

The door burst open and you stared at the intruder.

A familar voice called your name, "_________?!"

*...Kris..?*

"_________! Where are you?! _________!"

Your voice rasped, "I'm here-"

Something clamped over your mouth, you began to struggle and shriek through the covering.

Your necklace began to glow a bright, transluscent red.

Kris' sharp eyes caught the beam of light and quickly made his way over to you. 

His eyes flashed bright, crimson red when he saw a shadowed figure trying to cover you, swallowing you whole.

Tears began to fall down your cheeks, the shadow hissed and dissolved when your tears fell onto it.

Kris' eyes softened to a dimmed maroon until his eyes became brown again, rushing over to you, "Are you okay?"

You trembled, unable to open your mouth to answer.

He murmered, "It's okay. I'm here. I've got you. You're okay-"

The windows shattered all at once as more shadows crawled in.

Kris cursed and glared at the throngs of creatures before him.

You stared in fear at the creatures, then at Kris who seemed to be calculating something in his head.

*Dammit, her ankle is hurt so I can't even tell her to run.*

He slowly stepped back but held his hand out just in case they attacked, "Get on. Quickly."

You didn't argue and carefully climbed onto his back, "You have to hold tightly okay?"

Your voice came out as a whisper, "Okay."

*Now would be an excellent time to get my full powers.*

Being of royal blood, Kris had more powers than other vampires the catch was that even his basic powers took longer to evolve than other vampires.

Carefully scanning the area for an opening, Kris flew and went out through the broken windows, calling mentally, *EXO backup. NOW.*

The shadows shrieked and followed suit after you, slinking grotesquely.

You buried your face in Kris' back, *I can't believe this is happening.*

Kris bounded into the woods next to your house and expertly moved through the trees, *Please just let me keep her safe.*