Noise.

Good Night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx9he3uphzw

~

After you reassured your mother that you were fine, she left you alone to your work.

Finishing and catching up on your missing assignments, you prepared all the work you would need to hand in tomorrow.

When you were done, you went downstairs to see your mother making lunch.

"Do you need help?"

She shook her head, "No. This is easy. Sit, let's eat! Honey!"

Calling your father who smoothed your hair before sitting down, she placed the steaming bowls of noodles at the dining table.

While enjoying your meal, your father cleared his throat, "_________."

You looked up with curious eyes.

"Now before you get the wrong idea...we just want you to know."

Blinking innocently, you waited for him to continue.

"You're allowed to have a boyfriend and date-"

Choking on your water, it took all you had to not spit it out, "E-excuse me?"

Your mother smiled, "Look at her all flustered."

Your father pinched the bridge of his nose, "Actually, maybe not. I don't think I'd approve of you dating anyone. You are my one and only daugh-"

The spoon levitated and hit your father's mouth.

You bit your lip to keep from laughing as your mother rolled her eyes, "Are you and Kris together?"

Cheeks turning pink, "W-why?"

She gave you a knowing look, "Aw look at our baby girl blushing."

"U-umma!"

Your mother's eyes softened, you looked down in embarassment.

"Yes."

Looking up in confusion, "Huh?"

"You don't know how long I've been waiting for you to call me umma instead of mother."

You mumbled, "Sorry..."

"No no don't be! But I still approve of you and Kris. I think he'll be very good to you-"

"NO MY ONE AND ONLY DAUGHTER-"

You saw your parents squabbling and a soft smile unconsciously made its way to your lips.

Never had your house been so filled with laughter and noise.

You liked it.

A lot.