Mother.

Good Night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLXFmW1YIWA

~

The sun shone brightly, all traces of last night's storm gone.

You opened your eyes and squinted at the glaring sunlight, putting an arm over your eyes.

Suddenly, last night's events flooded your mind and you froze.

*Why did all of that happen? Is it safe to go outside?*

You washed your face in the bathroom, when you stepped out you saw a change of clothes waiting for you.

Hobbling out after changing, you went into the kitchen where the six boys were munching on breakfast.

Tao pouted, "I don't understand. You have such a nice dining room, why eat here?"

LuHan shrugged and smiled meekly, "Oh! Good morning _________!"

You cautiously bowed and waved before taking a seat between Kris and LuHan.

Kris frowned at your limping.

Noticing his expression, "I'll be okay."

Lay chirped, "I think I can help you!"

He bent down and held his hand out, a warm pink glow covering his hands and spreading around your swollen ankle.

You stared in amazement as the swelling subsided and the pain disappeared, "There! Good as new!"

Kris nodded in thanks and placed food on your plate, "Eat. Your parents are coming soon-"

The living room door banged with a loud explosion, "__________?!"

Blinking in shock, you didn't have time to process your thoughts before your parents burst through the door.

Your mother embraced you, checking your face, limbs and everything, "Are you okay? Are you hurt? Did they hurt you?!"

Cheeks tinting pink, "I'm...okay."

She sighed and held you again, "I'm not leaving you again. You gave me a heart attack!"

You were in shock, never had your mother shown so much emotion.

It seemed that LuHan was shocked as well, your mother turned to LuHan, "Thank you so much LuHan."

He smiled and shook his head, "Thank him. Kris stayed with _________."

Your mother turned to the boy LuHan pointed at and froze, "Prince...Kris?"

Kris sheepishly rubbed the back of his head, "You don't have to add the honorific.."

She smiled warmly, taking Kris by surprise, "Thank you Kris. I don't know what I would have done if my daughter had been alone and hurt."

Turning to you, "Shall we go home now?"

You opened your mouth, "It's destroyed.."

She blinked in surprise, "Really? It was fine when I went."

You frowned in confusion as she led you away by hand.

Chen grinned, "What nice in-laws."

XiuMin snorted in agreement and chortled with Lay, Chen and Tao.

Kris glanced at the clock, "I'm going to visit home first. I'll see you at school."

The five nodded and waved before Kris made his way to the castle.

The moment he entered through the doors, a pair of loving arms wrapped around him.

He blinked, taken aback.

"Where have you been my erzi? I was worried."

Kris smiled when he realized who it was, "I'm sorry mother. I didn't mean to."

She cupped his cheeks, "Don't worry me like that again. I was scared something happened to you."

A soft smile played on his lips, *She has the same smile as you mother, warm and inviting.*

His mother blinked in confusion, "What? What's wrong?"

He shook his head and smiled, "Nothing mother."

She gave him a skeptical look, "Are you hiding something from me?"

Kris laughed, "Of course not. I'll explain later mama."

She paused and watched Kris walk away, *That boy hasn't called me mama since he was 13...what changed his icy cold heart?*