Rumors.

Good Night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnGxqq4YQa8

~

On monday, when you entered into the classroom, violent whispers erupted all around you.

Shrugging it off as mindless gossip, you sat in your seat and waited for the teacher to start the lesson.

Girls' whispers grew increasingly louder when Kris entered.

He sat down next to you and gave you a smile as a greeting.

You nodded awkwardly in reply and shifted your seat away from him.

"Is it true?"

"What if it's true?"

"With HER?"

"Damn..of course only the prince..."

You blinked nervously at the way everyone was staring at you and Kris.

A loud slam was heard as GaYoon got up, "YAH. You're too loud."

Instantly the class hushed, you bowed to her in thanks, she waved her hand and popped her bubble gum.

When the teacher entered, she dived right into the lesson, distracting the class momentarily.

You felt someone tap your shoulder, you turned around to see a girl you've never met before.

"Is it true?"

You blinked, "Is...what...true?"

"You and the-"

"Miss _________, if you have time to chat with your classmates, you can tell me the answer to number 27."

You glanced at the board, "2k/3.9."

She paused, "Hm, that's correct. Don't talk in my class."

You bowed in apology and tried to hide the embarrassed blush coating your cheeks.

When the bell rang, you quickly moved to your next class but as you walked the whispers grew louder and louder.

Each time you walked in the hallways, students would scrutinize you and whisper about you.

When it was time for lunch, you took off running to the outdoors table when it began to rain.

Your lips slightly parted, you climbed up the steps to the unused music room.

Freshmen and sophomores squealed past you, "It's her! It's her!"

Before you could reach the third floor, a group of girls blocked your way.

"Excuse me-"

"I don't think so."

You paused and looked at them, they stared you down.

One girl hissed, "Is it true?"

Blinking in confusion, you gave no answer.

"Are you sure she ain't mute?"

"No, she talks."

*Oh boy. What did I do this time.*

"Are the rumors true?!"

Your eyebrows furrowed in confusion, one of the girls snarled, "Look at her trying to act dumb. Does it look like we're playing?"

You sighed, "Look I really don't-"

A sharp sound and a burning sting was on your cheek, "Listen filth, you only say yes or no and speak when you're spoken to."

*You did speak to me though...*

"Now tell me, are the rumors true?"

You opened your mouth, "What rumor-"

She slapped your cheek again, "Do you not UNDERSTAND?"

Looking down, you bit down on your lip and waited for her to question you again, "I'll ask again. Are the rumors true?"

You shook your head no.

"Really, then why was the prince piggybacking you and defending you?"

*There's a rumor about me and Kris..?*

"It's a misunderstanding-"

"Did you think if you threw yourself at the prince he might consider your filthy human, orphan self?"

You froze.

"Aw, did I hit a nerve?"

Your hands shook as did your entire body, *You don't know me. You don't know me. You don't know me.*

The girls surrounded you and pushed you around, "What are you gonna do?"

Throwing you to the floor, they were too busy kicking you around to notice the subtle glow from your necklace.

"Fight back?"

"Come on filth."

"HEY!"

The group of girls stepped away from your shaking body.

4minute was stretching, "You're so freaking loud we can't practice."

JiYoon rolled her eyes, "Like do you seriously not have anything better to do?"

The girls were silent, terrified of the 5 elite class girls whose reputations weren't based on looks.

Hyuna flipped her hair, "I don't understand..what fun do you get out of picking on her?"

One of the bullies answered, "I-it's n-none of your business."

JiHyun smirked, "You're talking back to us now? You think we just use fists and our feet like you weaklings do?"

GaYoon's hand went up and immediately the group of girls were swept away.

The remaining standing group of girls nervously looked at each other, "Uh.."

SoHyun hissed, "Scram."

They shrieked and ran off, GaYoon pulled you to your feet, you winced in pain but said nothing, "Yah, take care of yourself. Stop getting bullied."

You nodded and bowed in thanks before 4minute cracked their necks and went back inside a room.

When they went, you sank to the floor with tears b the corners of your eyes.

*I don't want to live like this anymore.*

After you calmed down, you limped to the nurse's office and asked for a pass to go home.

She clucked her tongue at your ankle and immediately wrote you a pass.

Thanking her, you waited for the chauffeur to take you home.

He asked, "Everything alright? You okay?"

You gave him a slight not and a small smile before retreating back to the window, *No. It's not okay.*