Glimpse of her past

In love with Miss Imposter

Wordlessly, Taemin took Jooyeon's hand and led her back to the car. He didn't mind holding her hand. She needed the comfort.

Jooyeon sat back down and looked out of the window, back at that busy street. A slim streak of hope still lingered in her, maybe Jiyong was still there.

Hopes were hopes. Reality was something different.

Jooyeon leaned her head against the window and cried silently.

Memories of the past began flooding her.

FLASHBACK

"Jiyong Oppa, Luna told me that her brother said that she hates her and can't wait to grow up so that he can leave her." 4 year old Jooyeon tugged on 12 year old Jiyong's sleeve. "Will Oppa feel the same way and leave Jooyeon too?"

Jiyong chuckled and lifted Jooyeon and placed her on his lap. "Don't be such a Babo Jooyeonnie! I won't ever leave you!"

He muzzled his nose against her cheek.

Jooyeon smiled brightly. "Really Oppa? Promise?"

She held out her pinky. He took it and nodded. "I promise."

Suddenly, Jooyeon's face fell. Jiyong looked at her in alarm.

"Oppa.. Then what about Luna? Her brother hates her." she pouted for her friend.

Jiyong pinched Jooyeon's nose. "Babo. You 4 year olds are really babo people! Luna's brother lied to her so that he can surprise her today on her birthday!"

Jooyeon's eyes widened. "Really?"

Jiyong nodded and hugged her. "Don't worry Jooyeonnie. No brothers will hate their sister. I will always be here for you and protect you."

END OF FLASBACK

FLASHBACK 2

"Oppa! Eotteohke!" 6 year old Jooyeon cried.

The Kwon family had been on the train that just arrived at the station. A sudden loud crack sounded and suddenly the whole train was on fire.

The fire shot across the entire length of the train and the outside of the train was burning, making it look like a glowing worm. The easily flammable paint used for the train was to be blamed.

"Oppa!" Jooyeon shrieked as she saw the outer surface of the train burning. The temperature inside the train was also rising steadily.

"Jooyeonnie don't be scared Jiyong Oppa is here!" 14 year old Jiyong took her hand and squeezed it. "We'll be fine alright? We just need to wait for the doors to open and we'll run okay?"

Jooyeon nodded in fear.

In fact, an explosion had occurred and the fire was slowly eating up the train and even the train station.

"Jiyong ah! Take your sister and run to the entrance of the train station! Your mother and I will grab our luggages from the luggage cabin!" Mr Kwon ordered.

"But the luggage cabin is the one burning!" Jiyong protested.

"We'll be fine Jiyong!" Mrs Kwon assured. "Take care of Jooyeon alright! Jooyeon ah!"

Jooyeon stared at her mother with watery eyes. "Don't be afraid! Eomma and Appa will be with you soon and we'll buy you ice cream okay! Just stick with your Oppa okay?"

Jooyeon nodded obediently.

"Go now Jiyong!" Mr Kwon roared.

Jiyong took his sister's hand and with his leg, he kicked the fire infested door open and ran.

"Faster Jooyeonnie!" he urged. Jooyeon ran as fast as her short legs could.

They weaved through the crowd, finding the entrance.

Suddenly, a loud explosion was heard. Jiyong turned back in shock.

"It's the luggage cabin!" someone screamed.

Jiyong paled. He bent down, tears in his eyes and told Jooyeon," Jooyeonnie, Oppa is going to check on Eomma and Appa alright? Run to the station entrance yourself. You know where it is right?"

Jooyeon nodded. Jiyong ruffled her hair. "Be safe Jooyeonnie. I'll be back soon."

Jiyong took off in the opposite direction in search of his parents, who he knew, were most slightly dead.

Jooyeon made her way to the entrance of the station and waited. Numerous explosions sounded after that. Poisonous gases leaked.

"Little girl! You can't wait here! The poisonous gas isn't good for you! Come on!" a lady said and picked her up.

"But Oppa!" Jooyeon cried.

"Later we'll find your Oppa okay!" she assured.

END OF FLASHBACK 2

They never found him.

She knew that her parents were dead, but her brother might have been alive since his name was not in the deceased list. But he never appeared to collect her from the police station.

Jooyeon was later sent to the orphanage and was fortunately taken in by the Choi family.

Jooyeon snapped from her thoughts when a warm hand wiped her tears away.

"We are here." Taemin informed gently.

Jooyeon nodded and wiped her face with the back of her hand. "Thank you Taemin. Sorry for the inconvenience caused."

She got out of the car and walked into the Choi residence.

"Sulli ah!"

Jooyeon turned round in surprise. Taemin bit his lip and said grudgingly," Don't cry. I'll pick you up tomorrow morning."

Jooyeon smiled and nodded. "Bye Taemin."

Taemin looked at her as she went in. "Bye Sulli." he whispered.

He was in great need of Red Gummy Bears.