o31

You Are My First ! (Eng. Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-3 years later-

 

"Annyeonghaseyo We are B A P Yessir!" Haewon looked at her TV screen which was showing BAP introducing themselves on Mcountdown *excuse me #copyright*. It had already been 4 weeks since they debuted as idols in South Korea. They were a boy group under TS entertainment, and only a month since Haewon graduated from university. 

"Aisshhh!! Why is so hard to find a job geez?!" Haewon blew on the few strands of hair that fell atop her forehead. She was munching on some delicious plain bread while sitting comfortably on the couch. Working at her brother's café was alright but heck, her dream was to be a model! 'Even if I have to be a back-up model- at least a back-up. Is there even a job for that?' Even though Haewon's gaze was at the screen, her inner monologue got the best of her attention.

She was starting to worry over potential employers where she spent hours on end filling resumes and forms from any agency. But so far, none of them have contacted her back. She puffed her cheeks, letting out some of the stress she had been holding inside.

 

And moreover, her hair was exceptionally bothersome and she took her last piece of bread and shoved it in so she could tie her hair hastily. When she was about done, the phone rang. She eyed the TV as she picked up the phone to see that BAP's performance was already over and that she partially missed it due to her wavering thoughts. "Annyeong?" she answered while chewing.
"Haewooooooonnnnn!!" a scream that belonged to no other than Jung Daehyun shocked the poor girl and she began choking on the piece of bread in . She went to grab her water that was in front of her then took a huge breath to calm herself down.
"Hey, are you there?" Daehyun asked seeing that she'd gone quiet.
"Yes... I'm here" she said as she laid on the sofa. But funnily, Daehyun didn't continue which indicated that the long pause was for her to say something.

"Oh right, Congratulations Jung Daehyun! Your performance was great! Dancing was perfect!" Giving a thumbs up to no one.

"You really watched it?!" Daehyun was half screaming, half laughing into the phone because he was so excited to hear that compliment from her. It was amazing how feelings could change everything and day by day, Daehyun was falling for this girl- the one with sunshine in her lovely voice.

"Hmmmm, yeah, of course I did, otherwise this somebody would be annoying me about it if I didn't" *glares holes at Dae*, Haewon replied very bluntly.

"Yeah yeah, thanks anyway. I have to go now. I'll call ya back. Love ya!" Haewon was already used to the little 'love yas' and 'saranghae's' before Daehyun hung up. To her, it was just something passive and showing close relations between the two as family.

 

After watching the show, Haewon went on to tidy the mess on the table then went to her room to clean. It was boring when it was just her at home. 'I need to walk around and not just lay on the couch!' Haewon scolded herself. Opening her closet to find a simple over-sized t-shirt, her gaze fell upon the gifts that Myungsoo gave her. She had folded them neatly and left them at the back of the closet, only to notice them every so often. She remembered almost burning them one time but Howon had stopped her. Now, they were left to sit in the bottom corner of the closet, untouched.

 

In truth, Haewon heard much news about the one and only son of the Kims being engaged with Park Hyosin. It was only fair that it was told by some of Hyosin's friends who happened to be within earshot one time. Even though she wanted to deny it, her heart still reminded her how much it ached because of what Myungsoo did. The break-up, Myungsoo changing in front of her eyes, and the engagement cut a deep scar in her heart.

 

It was all in the past now, Haewon tried to tell herself. She decided that from then, she would never let herself be hurt because of any other guy.

'Myungsoo… is my first and last.'

Looking away from the gift, she picked out a plain, gray oversized tee, a black hoodie and tight-fitting jeans. She touched up with some simple make-up then went to the entrance to put on her ray-ban sunnies and Nike shoes.

 

As she locked her gate, put on her much needed headphones, she set off for a walk. She listened to some of BAP's song while making her way to the café. After all, it was refreshing and a good way to clear her mind. Mid-walk, Haewon stopped by a 7e to buy herself a mineral water. As she was taking her last sip, her phone rang. She put it down and picked up her phone. "Yoboseyo?" [when you say hello on the phone in Korean] It was Daehyun again! Sometimes, she wondered how he was doing at the company but other times, she would think that he was mad because he was always making a phone call. "Haewon…" his voice sounded really weak.
"What is it? Is something wrong?" she replied with concern. There was something going with Daehyun. She went to sit down on one of the free benches.

"Hmmm…" came a deep sigh.
"Are you tired? Have you given up?" Haewon asked, referring to what she thought would be fatigue from practicing.

"No," came another short, tired reply.

"Then what is the matter? Tell me." She offered to counsil. It sounded like he was having a hard time. Between a pause, she looked around, feeling somewhat of a discomfort but since she couldn't see anyone on the streets, she went back to listening to Daehyun.

"Daehyun? Are you there? Answer, or I'll have to hang-"
"I'm still here. But where are you?" she was relieved to hear a reply.

"I'm on my way to the café. Why?" she answered.

"Oh, Okay. I was calling, honestly, because I miss your cooking. It's been a while since you've come to visit. We mostly just talk on the phone these days."

Seriously? He called with such an ill, fatigue, almost dying voice because he missed the food  that she cooked. What a nuisance. All Haewon could do was chuckle silently. It was fortunate, because if Daehyun heard her laughing at his antics, he would get mad. "Aigoo, since when was Jung Daehyun such a sulky baby?" Haewon teased as she calmed down from her laughing fit.

 

"So, would you like to meet me?" Daehyun ignored her teasing. "Later on when I get a job, I'll also treat you to more delicious food." Haewon said, a little frustrated because of course, it was so hard to find a job at the moment and she was just making empty promises.
"Job?" Dae's voice brought her back, "Aren't you working at the café?"

"Yeah, it's a job but it's such a waste of time when I have to also deal with University to try and get into modelling or fashion design." Haewon confessed to Daehyun for the first time about this topic.

 

From afar, a pair of ears were listening to the phone conversation.
"You want to be a model? Uhmmm….Hummmmm." Haewon did not hear another sound for a while since Daehyun was in deep thought on the other side. Finally, she heard an abrupt, "Ah! I got it. I think I know now! Haewon-ah, I'll call you back, okay?" Haewon brought her hand down when Daehyun suddenly ended the call without saying goodbye. What on Earth just happened? But seeing that Daehyun was in some sort of rush, she let him be. Putting her phone away as she was getting ready to re-start her journey to the café, someone stopped by and called her.

"Excuse me, unnie?" [unnie- what you would call an older lady if you were a girl]. Haewon turned around to see a young girl in uniform, no one who she recognised.
"Yes?" Haewon smiled politely. The girl suddenly had a change of expression, as if surprised in some way.
"Oh….It's nothing. Sorry." Then, the girl ran off in a hurry. Haewon found it a bit weird and only a little shocked from the randomness.

"Everything today is a little strange- or is it just me?" she mumbled to herself, tilting her head in question.

 

Finally, Howon's little sister arrived at his café. There were many more customers during peak hour yet, the café didn't have enough workers. Therefore, Haewon came to help in the evenings. "Hey oppa" Haewon greeted with a blank face.

"Hey. What's wrong? Please smile while you're working, the customers and myself don't need to see your frown." Howon commented on Haewon's expression but frowned himself when she didn't find him at all amusing. "Not in the mood to smile?" Howon's little sister nodded, looking a little deflated before heading in the back to change into work clothes.

 

After work, Haewon wanted to doze off to dreamland but her phone started to ring. She sighed and pushed it away, already in the mood to ignore the world. She didn't want to talk to anyone as all day, the worries of a job and pursuing her dreams made her stress levels rise and she needed a break.

"It used to be our dream." she said with her face stuffed in her pillow. Because, from the bottom of her heart, she was still not over the one and only Kim Myungsoo. She hoped that she could continue to share the beauty of a dream that the two had together… when they were together. And these thoughts made her even sadder. On top of the worries she had today, she felt like she earned a good rest.

 

However, as if the Gods were playing her, the annoying tone of her phone kept going off and she couldn't stand it anymore. 'It must be Daehyun! Again and again!' Sometimes, [as in mostly], her step-brother could drive her crazy. He always called, despite the time of day so when she finally picked up his call, she let him know what bother he was.

"Yah! It's the middle of the night! Don't you know how tired I am? I need sleep, Dae!" the words were like venom and just pure irritation that it shocked Daehyun, making him pull his phone away from his ears. The harsh but hushed tone, as to not disturb Mr. Jung (who had only come home from Singapore) and Howon (who had a busy night at the café), really did not sound like the sweet Haewon whom Daehyun was expecting to answer.

 

"Hey… uhm, I just wanted to ask if you could come here tomorrow?" Daehyun asked carefully. He had good news after finding out some information. "What?! You call me in the middle of the night so you can ask me to come round? You could have thought more thoroughly and asked at a better time! I'm really tired!" She didn't know why she was so annoyed but the fumes were there. Her voice sounded controlled but Daehyun knew that she was mad. Mad about what exactly, he didn't know. He thought he was safe, because it was common for him to make phone calls around this time. However, something must have happened today and Daehyun became an outlet for her anger. The struggle of finding a job and trying to forget about Myungsoo was too much for one day. Haewon threw her phone away and closed her eyes. Out of all things, she had to think back to Myungsoo and her little self couldn't take it anymore and she began sobbing softly.

 

-At the company building-

 

Daehyun was still stunned, minutes after the call had ended.

"Hyung! Hyung! What did noona say?" Zelo's voice was as distant as the midnight train that was a few metres behind the company building. 'What was wrong? Did I do something to make her mad? I've never been yelled by her like that.' And it hurt Daehyun to an extent that he could feel his eyes burning and something swell inside. 'Aish! What is wrong with me? Am I really going to cry over this? Be Mature Jung Daehyun!' But he didn't want s to worry so he went to the bathroom. The boys had just finished filming for a show and all day, Daehyun was ecstatic to relay some good news but ended being yelled at. It had been a while since he came home or even met any of his family, but he especially missed the sweet, bubbly Haewon who he grew really close to. He told himself that it was okay, because he can just call up another time. 'She must have had a bad day and is really tired. It's nothing mate, you'll be fine' he said as he looked at himself in the bathroom mirror. Washing up, he went back to the members with a lighter heart.

 

-End-

 

Haewon threw away the pillow that was under her. She had stopped sobbing for a while and was now sitting o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter