o30

You Are My First ! (Eng. Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-1 YEAR LATER-

 

When Haewon was just starting to pay full focus on her lecturer in class, her phone vibrated. She tried to ignore it until it stopped but it kept vibrating many times and made her feel annoyed. 'Aish, what does Daehyun want?', she thought before quickly putting in her earphones and hiding behind her hair to answer his call. She closed as tightly as she could to avoid anyone from noticing. She was most afraid that the lecturer would catch her making a call in his class. The lecturer was really scary! "Annyeong Haewon!" Daehyun's cheerful voice was heard from the other line. Haewon, albeit annoyed at him for calling her at an inappropriate time, couldn't help but smile. "Ya, I'm in class right now," she whispered into the microphone. "Mwoh?!" Daehyun screamed loudly, making Haewon jump in her seat. Pabo Daehyun! The lecturer eyed her suspiciously and she immediately pretended that she was copying down notes while acting like nothing was happening. However, underneath the table, her hands were releasing cold sweat because of how anxious she was feeling. She would hate to get caught and make a fool of herself in front of everyone. Daehyun realised the situation he had put her in and apologized, "Oh. Sorry, I didn't know… I just want to tell you to come over to TS studios so we can hang out. I miss you so much. Anyway, study well my dear." He then hung up before she could reply. Haewon cleared and reluctantly went back to focus on the class. In the back of her mind, she couldn't wait to see B.A.P again and thought of what she could cook for them when she sees them.

 

When class finished, everyone was making their way out of the room. Haewon was quietly packing up her things when someone approached her.

"Hey Haewon." She looked up to see a guy that had been sitting next to her.

"Hey" she said hesitantly.

"How are you?"

"I'm good."

"Say, I see you in some of my classes but never really talk to you. Do you want to hang out with my friends and I for lunch? I'd like to know more about you."

Haewon, not seeing the innocent gesture, refused immediately, "I'm sorry. I'm busy." she said and quickly walked away.

After receiving Myungsoo's letter, she couldn't deny that she felt like a burden to everyone. She became a short-tempered, and strong-minded girl since that time. In Seoul University, many people wanted to befriend her but she just ignored them, treating them like ghosts when they came near. She didn't have the courage to trust people anymore. She relied on her family as she believed that they were enough to make her feel wanted; as if she deserved to live on this earth. She was careful not to open up to others, afraid that they would abuse her and hurt her. She found it difficult to be betrayed once already by Myungsoo. Her pain was still present within her even though she tried hard not to think about it. Her biggest weakness was guys. She was alright when some girls approached her but she was utterly terrified of men. She could not bring herself to trust them at all. 'Everyone is trying to use you. Do not fall for their act, Haewon. Everyone is bad. Only trust your family.' Those were the types of things she told herself every day.

 

As she was walking, Haewon a ball of crumpled paper hit her head and she immediately stopped in her tracks. She looked around and her gaze fell on one of the popular 'Romeos' of the University, Shin Won Ho. Like a bully, Won Ho picked on anyone he liked and could get away with it because of his fake charms. Haewon growled inside and frowned. Her mind immediately came to one of her past high school comrades. Hyosin? She's must be very happy to be with Myungsoo. Last she heard about them, they were already engaged. Or were they already married now? Ugh! Whatever, she didn't care. Their relationship, whether dating or married was none of her concern. Geez, and Hyosin's gang? Well, they all might be working in their parents' company since being kicked out of school. All of them except Hyosin would be following the same destiny of their parents. And of course they wouldn't mind the tradition since all of the families were rich.

Daehyun? He was permanently staying at his dorm in TS Company. And he didn't further his studies in Seoul University since he needed to be close to TS  studio, therefore attending TS University instead. And also attending TS University was Zelo and Jongup. Haewon still found it amazing how much had changed over the course of one year. The three guys were very fortunate to still be able to study while trying to achieve their dreams. Haewon would have never thought she would be away from Hyosin and Myungsoo but fortunately, they had left her side and she was somewhat happier than she was before.

Although many people have changed and left, there was one person who had stayed by her side this whole time, Howon.

 

--------------------------------------------

====Flashback====

 

Howon opened his sister's door, finding that she didn't lock it when she entered. He walked over to her and saw that she was still asleep. He needed to wake her in order to cheer her up. Daehyun just told him what happened to his beloved sister. Myungsoo had broken up with her and left her heartbroken.  'Myungsoo, you bastard! How dare you hurt my sister like this?' He looked over to Haewon's calm face, moving slightly as she was breathing. He sat down beside her on the bed and sighed. 'My poor sister. I can't believe I let such a thing happen to her. I'm such a bad brother. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you, Haewon-ah.' Howon didn't realise that he was caressing her cheek softly until he noticed a small scar on her cheek. 'That's weird. Where did she get this?' Howon was in deep thought, hoping that Haewon wasn't getting into trouble while he was away. At that moment, Haewon started to wake up. She sat up but felt something funny by her side. She was about to scream, realising that someone was next to her but when she blinked, she figured that it was only her brother.
"Oppa?" she called. Howon turned to her.
"Oh, you're awake."
"What's going on? You seem a bit out of it."
"It's nothing. Since you're awake now, go and wash up. I have something to show you." he said excitedly.
Haewon, upon hearing that, quickly got out of bed whilst throwing a pillow at Howon for fun then proceeded to the bathroom. Howon was quick enough to dodge the pillow and it ended up at the door. He laughed and went to pick it up. Hopefully, Haewon would like his surprise. In the meantime, Mr Jung and Daehyun were waiting patiently outside Haewon's room. They saw the door open and Howon had picked up the pillow and gave a signal to the two men that Haewon was getting ready. They then all went off to their own rooms to get ready for her surprise as well. As she walked out, all ready to go, she suddenly remembered what happened a while back in Daehyun's room. Blushing madly immediately, she started to fan herself, "Wow, why has it become so hot? What should I do?" Suddenly, someone grasped her shoulder and she jumped. When she turned around, it was none other than Daehyun. Her action caused the both to burst out laughing. 'What was there to be scared of in this house? Silly me.' Haewon thought.

When everyone was dressed, they all finally got into the care and started making their way to someplace. And the only person who didn't know the final destination was the petit girl sitting in the back of the car next to Daehyun. The trip was silent, only the voice of the DJ from the radio travelled around the car.
"Daehyun, it's time." Howon called to him. 'Time for what?' Haewon thought. Daehyun turned to her and because she didn't know anything, she became frightened. Daehyun nodded at her then proceeded to move closer.
"Hey, what are you doing?!" she screamed. Daehyun had taken out a blind fold and tied it around her eyes, leaving her blind against her will. Haewon was really confused. She felt like she was being kidnapped by her own family. "What's happening?" she asked, a little scared.
"Oppa? Appa?" but no one responded. She slid back into her seat with so many thoughts going on, mostly asking what was happening to her. A hand encased her own and she could tell that it was Daehyun's hand. Daehyun squeezed it tightly, offering some comfort when Howon said, "Haewon, it's Okay. We've got a really good surprise for you so stay still and wait a bit longer." To avoid her from getting hurt, Daehyun kept an eye (and a hand) on her throughout the trip.

Finally, they arrived at the location and to Haewon, it felt like they have travelled to the moon. 'Where are we? It's too dark.'

"1….2…" she heard someone count. She tried to guess what was before her, scared and confused at the same time. This made her blood rush and adrenaline kick in. She was scared but excited more so. "3!" Her blindfold came off her pretty face and before she could let her eyes adjust, a huge explosion boomed near her ears. She closed her eyes as instinct and moved back. "Woah!" she shouted. A few more explosions later and Haewon could tell that they were harmless so she opened her eyes to see that they were confetti bombs and Howon and Daehyun were blowing on party whistles. There were streamers, colourful balloons some nice new decorations and a huge poster in front of a small café. Haewon looked around to find a sign, hanging above the door. "Lee Family's Café?" she read to herself. "Hey oppa, isn't that our family name?" she asked her brother. Howon just smiled. "It's so pretty here. It looks like it just opened oppa." "Yeah, do you like it? It's ours." What?
"Oppa, this café, you opened this café?" Haewon stood with wide eyes, finally realising the point of this surprise. The whole family entered the café to find workers waiting to greet them. There was the cashier, waiter, cook and so on… 'They must be working here. Howon did all of this?' She couldn't believe a thing but it soon came to her understanding. The small place did not feel small at all for there was enough space to hold a dessert bar, barista and a number of tables for the customers. The décor and interior design was simple and held calming colours. The whole atmosphere evoked happiness because Haewo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter