Peniel

Am I Good Enough Now?

RECAP...

"Yeon Seo..." I turned around, and my eyes widened at who was there.

 


YOUR POV

"..Peniel....." His name unknowingly escaped from my lips.

He stepped forward, "Its really you, isn't it?"

I looked down at my feet, and nodded. Its been 3 years, is he mad? Is he happy? Is he sad I'm around?

Silence. 

Well who knows, he is probably going to tell everyone and Minhyuk and I am going to become the laugh stalk of CUBE now. Just as I was about to lose hope, I felt a warm embrace around me. I looked up, to see Peniel's arms around me. 

That hug. The warmth, I missed it all so much. Peniel is the only that knows about my past before I went to Chicago. I would really say he is an angel sent to me from the heavens. He has the looks, the brains, the popularity, yet he chose to hang out with me, the ugly, fat, short me. I dug my head into his chest, all the pain, from Minhyuk, from my training, from the hate from the trainees, from all the homesickness came to me as tears started to flow like a water tap. I sobbed hard into his chest, when he suddenly touched my head, "Just cry it all out, you must've had a hard time and I'm sorry i wasn't there for the past 3 years, just cry it out." He patted my back, making me sob even harder than I ever did in years.

I don't know how long we stood out there, but finally my sobs turned into sniffs before I let him go and looked up and smiled.

Peniel looked up and chuckled.

"What are you laughing at!" I pouted.

"Your nose is all red you look like Rudolph!" Peniel burst out in laughter and you can't help but giggle, I'm so glad he is back.

"Oh my you're wearing shorts you must be freezing!" Peniel realised, he immediately removed his jacket and wrapped it around me, in return I gave him a grateful smile.

"So thats why you were stumbling when Minhy......." Peniel trailed off, realising what he said was probably wrong. You told him about everything that happened for the past few years, good and bad. He shared stories about his trainee life too, it was like back in the old days. I told him about my encounters with Minhyuk too, Peniel told me that Minhyuk had turned into a complete playboy, he changes girlfriends so fast, he probably dated at least 8 girls since he came to Seoul.

"Nah its alright Peniel, I'm fine with it." I tried to reply as I held back my tears.

"I know you're not."

Well he wasn't my best friend for no reason, he knew me better than I knew myself.

"Hmm, Peniel, how did you recognise me?"

"Haha what a question, your hair of course! Its one of a kind, so unique, anyone could guess it was you! Plus you were the Chicago Girl so.."

"Oh right, of course.."

My mind went back in time...........

"Do you know what made me fall for you?" Minhyuk asked me as we cuddled on the couch.

"Actually I don't, tell me!" I really didn't know, I was curious too, why would he fall for a girl like me?

"Other than the fact you are perfect and I'd fall for you for every other part of you, I was first attracted to you by your hair, do you know how beautiful and unique it is?" He whispered into my ear as he dug his head into my hair, closing his eyes to take a nap.

When I fell back into reality, I turned to Peniel, who was staring at me with worried eyes.

"What were you thinking of?" He asked, his tone much softer than before.

I realised I was crying, and it wasn't stopping.

I didn't say anything.

He hugged me once again, "Even though he is my closest brother ever, Yeon Seo you've grown so beautiful, if he doesn't see that, there are better people out there for you, I'm sure. No matter what you do, just don't get your heart broken again, you're a new person now. Your best friend is sad when you are, alright?" He told me in English, his accent was still the same despite coming to Korea, as adorable as ever.

I let go of him and smiled, "Thank you so much, you're really the best."

We just looked at the sky infront of us, the sun was setting, it was so breathtaking.

"Peniel?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you.. not tell anyone about our friendship? I don't want people to you know... and Minhyuk especially.."

He pouted, looking disappointed, but smiled. "Alright, I know what you mean I don't want any hate on you too! But you must promise that we have to go out alright! My best friend is finally back we have so much to do!!" I nodded in agreement and he started jumping excitedly like some kid, I can't believe he is one year older than me gosh!

We both stood up, and had one last hug, who knows when we are able to talk like this again. When suddenly..

"Penie- WHAT IS THIS?" We both turned to find Sungjae, in shock and anger, his mouth hanging open.

"Su- Su-Sungjae I can explain!! Its not what you think!!" Peniel stuttered and panicked.

"HOW COULD YOU PENIEL SHIN. I thought we were more than that. Now I know what you see us as. There is nothing to explain here!!" Sungjae yelled before running down the stairs leaving the roof.

Peniel grabbed his hair in panic and frustration and started pacing up and down the roof.

"So Penjae is indeed real?" I smirked at Peniel.

"... KEEP IT A SECRET PLEASE SSHHHH" He looked at me with pleading eyes.

I nodded and he gave me a thankful smile.

" " I could hear him curse under his breath. I never seen Peniel this panicked before.

"Peniel you can just tell him about us."

Peniel looked up and his eyes widened. "For real?!?!"

"Well I don't want to ruin your perfect relationship and I guess one person wouldn't hurt. JUST Sungjae please?" 

"OMG OMG OMG OKAY THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU YEON SEO I'M GONNA GO NOW TALK TO YOU SOON!!!" Peniel disappeared down the steps and the roof suddenly turned quiet.

The sun had already set and it was dark and getting colder. Even though today didn't go like I wanted, at least I found my best friend again, a smile crept onto my face.

 


A/N:

YAY UPDATEEEEE! Tbh I was more satisfied with my previous post but sigh i accidentally lost it so T_T How is it? ((= Did any of you expect it to be Peniel?? HAHA! I know you and Peniel have a lot of skinship but let me clarify its cause you both are from Chicago and its normal yeah? (= Hehe and yes I ship Penjae so bad when I first watched BTOB Diary barely knowing their names, and I saw Peniel and Sungjae going "Mango pudding is very delicious!" I ALREADY SHIPPED THEM HEHE.

I'll leave things like this first since TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!! YAYYYYYYY!!!! I can update more and I am so excited! I didn't do that well for my exams though sobs T_T How are you guys? 

Till next time~

 

Xoxo,

Khunhojjang