Lucky (songfic)

A Series of Oneshots

[Tao x You]


“Ya, Huang Zi Tao! Hurry up! The van will be coming soon!” Junmyeon hyung called from the stairs, where he and Kyungsoo hyung were packing up the rest of the kitchen materials. We were moving into a new dorm by the end of the week which meant that this dorm would be empty today.

I quickly checked all my drawers and my closet to make sure I hadn’t left anything behind. My room was pretty much empty so I quickly but carefully scanned my room to make sure absolutely nothing was forgotten. Closet, check, drawers, check, night stand, check, desk check, bookshelf, check, bed, chec-!!! There was a box that was peeking out from the bottom of my bed. I dropped down onto my knees and reached for it, taking it out from underneath the bed. I blew the dust off it and took the lid off. Instantly I smiled.

♬♪ We smiled brightly in the photo, we were in perfect harmony~♬♪

I looked at the candid photo that one of the hyungs took, smiling because of how beautiful and natural everything in that picture was.

♬♪ We like the same colors. We like the same movies…lucky. It’s a love that’s meant to be~ ♬♪

I thought as I continued shifting through the box, looking piece by piece at the memories it contained, packing forgotten.

♬♪ Being born in the same country; talking in the same language; we’re so lucky, it’s such a relief♬♪

I thought, pulling out letters after letters, distantly hearing Kris shout for all of us to hurry and that the truck had arrived. Quickly, I put everything back into the box as carefully as I could before rushing down stairs, box cradled skillfully in my arms. I rushed out the door along with the other members and hopped into one of the vans, settling the box on my lap. After all the excited chatter, everyone soon turned to their own devices. My thoughts drifted as I recalled more memories….

♬♪ I can call your name and I can hold your hand. Is the falling sunlight only shining on me? Can I be this happy? ♬♪

I thought about the time we took a romantic stroll along the beach at night, hand in hand, smiling when I remembered our footsteps in the sand and the silly things we wrote in the sand.

♬♪ You call my name and you lean on my shoulder. Is the sky’s sunlight only shining on you? Can you be that dazzling? ♬♪

Another memory of us relaxing in the park on a warm sunny day underneath and in the shade of a large Ginko tree played through my mind, warming me as I remembered how beautiful she looked and the light bantering we had.

Before I knew it, the manager hyung was telling us to get out of the car. He told us to go up to the new dorm and to start unpacking. I rushed up the stairs, box in hand as I ran up the stairs to the 12th floor and rang the doorbell to apartment #2012. I placed my box down just on time when arms suddenly found their way around my neck, mine automatically wrapping around her waist.

“Huang Zi Tao.” She whispered, “you’re finally back.”

♬♪ Her voice melts me like ice cream. She’s picture perfect. ♬♪

“I’m back, Baobei~” I whispered back, eyes closed, a smile on my lips as I leaned in for a kiss.

♬♪…More than anything else…So lucky my love, so lucky to have you. So lucky to be your love…♬♪

“…I am…”


The End

tumblr_inline_mzoshrLgVG1r1tx8h.gif

tumblr_inline_mzosif3T2o1r1tx8h.gif