My Lady (Song fic)

A Series of Oneshots

[Kai x You]


‘…Jom deo neol naege boyeojwo. [Don’t lie~]. Soljikaejindamyeon. [It’s gonne be easy~]. Dan han beondo neukkil su eobdeon dalkomhan hamoni~ Don’t be too late~’ (1)

 

Kai nodded his head to the song that was coming through his earphones as he stood near the stairs that were near the entrance to the subway lines. He mindlessly watched as people hurried on past him, trying to get onto the right train before they left. 

 

‘Chinguga anya. Namjaigo sipeo neoegen. Eotteon sarami anya. Ojik dan han saram, neol jikyeojul.’ (2)

 

No, he wasn’t blind to the flirty, appreciative looks that women gave him when they walked by him: he could care less. They weren’t the one who had capture his heart; not the one who had it going at miles an hour from just anticipating having the time—no, the opportunity— to hang out with them. 

 

‘Chinguga anya. Imi cheoum neol bono geu sunganbuteo. Geunyang haneun mal anya. Lady! Ojik nan neomaneul.’ (3)

 

Kai smirk at how ironically the lyrics of the song matched his predicament much to the joy of several older ladies who just happened to pass by him at that moment and thought that his smirk was directed at them. 

 

‘Moreuncheok hajima. Gogael deuro nareul bwa. Nae nun pihajima. Jeoldae pogi mathae neol.’ (4)

 

Frustrated and feeling like the song was taking all the words straight from his heart— mostly his unvoiced ….feelings— out for everyone to hear, Kai ran his hand through his fringe. ‘Dang it. I really should’ve done something to my hair.…’ he thought as the long hair fell into his eyes over and over again. That was when he noticed a group of younger girls stop and ogle him from their hiding spot behind a pillar. ‘…..’ Kai thought, hoping—praying— that you’d arrive faster. That’s when he heard a pair of footsteps rushing towards him before you appeared before his eyes. 

 

Panting and bent over to catch your breath, you apologized for being late. “I-I’m so. S-sorry. I m-miss the first b-bus.” You explained in-between breaths before looking up at Kai and asking him if he was ready to go. The two of you had plans to walk around the lanes today. 

 

Kai caught his breath when he looked into your eyes when you raised your head. The lyrics from the same song that had been playing on repeat entered his head once again, ‘Diamond-boda del areumdaun. Humchigo sipeun jeu nindongja jeu segeseo ojik. Neol ggeumggugo sipeo.’ (5) 

 

“Kai?” You asked, worried that he was mad at you for being late that you reached an anxious hand out to his shoulder. 

 

Snapping out of it, Kai gave you a loving smile before grabbing your hand and starting up the stairs. “Sorry, let’s go! Don’t worry about being late~” 

 

Your answering smile nearly knocked Kai off his feet but then again, he was used to it. That was the smile he fell for and yet…. he wouldn’t—couldn’t—let it be known any time soon.


The End

Song: EXO- My Lady

(1)- Show me more of yourself to me (don't lie). If you are honest with me (it's gonna be easy). A sweet harmony that couldn't be felt before. Don't be too late!

(2)- I'm not a friend. I want to be a man to you. I'm not just some person. I'm the only one person to protect you.

(3)- I'm not a friend. Already from the moment I first saw you. I'm not just saying this. Lady, it's only you.

(4)-  Don't pretend you don't know, life your head and look at me. Don't avoid my eyes, I can't give up on you.

(5)- Your eyes are more beautiful and more stealable than a diamond. In there, I want to only dream of you.