This I Promise You (song fic)

A Series of Oneshots

[Chen x You] 


I smiled up at my father who was trying hard to keep the tears out of his eyes by smiling that eye crinkling smile of his as he bent down to plant a kiss on the top of my head, “my Princess is even more stunning then usual today” he whispered proudly, offering his arm for me to hold as we walked from out the bride’s room and into the hall on our way toward the grand oak doors.

♪ Ohh~ Ohh~ When the visions around you bring tears to your eyes…♬♪

The oak doors opened and we started making our way down the aisle. Around me, sitting in the pews, our closest family and friends stood tears, smiles, and words of love and congratulations were whispered as I slowly took in everything around me. Flowers and lace ribbons decorated the entire place as Luhan oppa, Baekhyun oppa, and D.O oppa sung sweetly alongside Lay oppa’s beautiful piano melody. The evening sunlight was streaming in from the windows as some flower petals drifted down from the loft. The scene was absolutely breathtaking.

As we reached the podium, I realized that Chen was beaming at me, tears in his eyes that were bursting with happiness and love. My father kissed my head once more as he handed me to Chen, clapping him on the back with a proud smile.

“Annyeong~” I whispered to him as we turned to face the Minister.

“Annyeong, Jagi~” He whispered back.

In the blink of an eye, it was time to start our vows….

 “ ______, ♪ I’ll be your strength, I’ll give you hope, keeping your faith when it’s gone♬♪”

Chen sung, bring tears to my eyes.

“♬♪ And I will take you in my arms and hold you right where you belong. Till the day my life is through, this I promise you. ♬♪”

As he trailed off, I picked up where he left off, singing….

“♬♪I’ve loved you forever in lifetimes before and I promise…I give you my word. I give you my heart. And with this vow, forever has now begun…♬♪”

We finished off our vows together…

“♬♪ Each loving day, I know this feeling won’t go away. Every word I say is true, this I promise you~ Every word I say is true~ This I promise you~ Oooh, I promise you~♬♪”

The whole chapel was silent for a few moments as we finished our vows before everyone erupted into cheers and congratulations.

The minister smiled down kindly at us as he said, “You may now kiss the bride”

Chen wrapped one of his arms around my waist as the other one held my chin as he kissed me, sealing the deal. Gazing into my eyes with all the love he had for us, for me, he gently sung, “♬♪ forever has now begun♬♪”

Wrapping my arms around his neck, laughing through tears of happiness, I sung back quietly, “♬♪ forever has now begun.”


The End

Song: NSync- This I Promise

image

image