Hippos and Polka-dotted Underwear

A Series of Oneshots

[Kai, Sehun, &You]


“Hey, isn’t that guy like really hot?” 

“Omo, he is! Do…do you think he has a girlfriend?”

“A guy that hot has to have a girlfriend.”

 

“Yah, stop staring at him. Is he really that handsome? So much so that you ignore your own boyfriend who’s walking right beside you?:

“S-sorry Oppa.”

 

“Dang, that guy probably gets all the girl.”

“Do you think he’d like to come to a mixer with us? I mean if people catch wind that there’s someone that good looking going, more girls would go right?”

“Yeah, but someone as cool as him probably wouldn’t even bother with mixers like we would.”

 

As people walked by, they couldn’t help but stop and stare at the casually dressed boy in a cap who was playing with his phone. He had been standing there for the last ten minutes seemingly waiting for someone; a hand in his pocket while the other was busy swiping away at the phone. 

 

Kai on the other hand sighed for the first time since he arrived at the meeting spot. ‘Where the heck are they?’  He thought as he continued tuning out the whispers from the passerbys. ‘Don’t they know I can hear them? They’re not exactly quiet….’ Kai silently mused just as his phone buzzed, signally a new message.

 

    To: Kkamjong

    From: ????

 

        Sorry, sorry! We’re running a bit late! Got held up by some -wipes who couldn’t take a hint. We’ll be there soon! Give us about two-ish minutes.

 

    To: ????

    From: Dancing Prince

        

        Ok, ok. Just hurry up. People are staring and it’s a bit weird.

 

    To: Kkamjong

    From: ????

 

        Hai, hai~ coming~

 

Kai blew out a puff of air as his thumb clicked the home button on his phone and he re-opened up his game. Some might have said that the game was childish or frustrating but for him, it was pretty straight forward. All he had to do was tap the screen accordingly to get the bird thing to fly in between different levels of pipes. He continued playing, score going higher and higher when—

 

“Yah!! Sorry for making you wait! This babo right here just had to attract attention when I walked into the convenience store for a snack.” a boy who was just as tall and just as handsome as Kai (in a different way) complained as one of his large hands reached up and rustled the hair of the short girl beside him.

 

“Hey! It wasn’t my fault! They came on their own and they wouldn’t leave when I told them to!” the girl whined, pouting.

 

“Ok, ok. Sehun, stop bullying __________ and ___________ next time, be more careful. What if Sehun didn’t come out in time? We should get going now. I’m hungry and people are starting to stare even more.” Kai said, pushing the cousins along. 

 

No one could really blame the other citizens that day. How offend does one get to see one— let alone three— angel like human beings who stunned and captivated all by their presence alone by just standing there doing mundane things? 

 

People could only watch on, enviously as the trio continued on with their day at the shopping square, regardless of whether or not they heard them arguing about potatoes and hippos in polka-dotted underwear. 


The End