Splash of Love

A Series of Oneshots

[Xiumin x You]


It was my second day back from my long vacation away from work. I was currently running around the café, handing out and taking orders, the usual whenever I wasn’t working behind the bar as the bartender. I was finishing taking down the order of a table of crude boys who were whispering horrendous things about the female workers and I. Thankfully, the receptionist at the front called my name and I went to see what she needed.

“______ah, can you please take this group of twelve over to the large table? Thank you Sweetie!” She handed me twelve menus and I gestured for the group to follow me, mentally pouting at the fact that I’d be stuck serving the two largest tables in the café: one that was occupied with rude boys and the other one….I definitely hope that they weren’t like the other table. “Alright, my name is _______ and I’ll be your server for today~ Do you need a few minutes to look at drinks?” I asked, waitress smile on display.

“Yes please” The guy who smiled like an angel said kindly. I smiled back and nodded my head, telling them I’ll come back around later. Oh thank the two moons, they’re not like the bad table. I thought as I walked back to pick up more orders to hand out.

I quickly flitted from table to table, passing out drinks and foods before I went back to the newer of the two large groups. “Hi~ are you guys ready to order?” I asked the person closest to me who looked like a hamster.  Yeah….like one of the cutest and most handsome hamster ever. I coughed slightly, trying to ignore the butterflies that had suddenly made an appearance in my tummy.

With a cute eye smile, the cute guy answered me, “Oh yes! We’re ready! Umm, we’ll have three orders of ddukbokki, three orders of kim bap, four deep fried French toasts, three taro bubble tea, three chocolate bubble tea, three condense milk coffee bubble tea, and one mango bubble tea for now please~”.

Once I had down their order, I quickly repeated it to them just to make sure I didn’t miss anything before I left to punch in their order.

When I can back, the other large table where the rude boys were sitting were calling for me. Again. I quickly made my way over to them and asked what I could get for them. “Hi, did you guys need anything else?” I still kept up my waitress smile on, thinking about one thing and one thing only: tips!

“Yea~” one of the greasier boys leaned over and PURPOSEY looked down my shirt. What the heck!? His glasses glinted as he kept staring so I brought up my tray to block his view. Swallowing, he continued, his lips as he spoke, “I want some ice water.”

Nodding, I turned around to get some water for him when I felt someone my . Seething, I steeled myself and continued on as if nothing happened. I quickly returned with his water along with their bill before I turned away as fast as I could. I headed to the kitchen and grabbed the other table’s orders. I quickly and carefully handed out the food; the boys were kind enough to help me pass out the dishes. That was until I hear what the other table was saying about me.

“Damn…..What I wouldn’t do to tap that!”

“I bet she’s feisty. I like feisty.”

“Look at that chest. That figure. Those leg. Unf.”

“I bet she’s easy. Wayyy easy.”

“Probably says yes to every guy who comes around.”

Hands shaking, tears pooling, I accidentally spilt the last drink, one condensed milk coffee bubble tea, onto the handsome boy’s lap. I instantly froze for a few seconds, hearing the other table whistle and holler when I bent over to clean up the mess, apologizing to the boy.

“Oh. My gosh. I am so sorry. I’m so sorry!!” I flustered, trying not to cry.

“….” He looked at my face, then the other table, then at his friends before looking back to me. “It’s ok! Really! No problem! Umm, do you have a bathroom where I can clean this up in?” He asked shyly, scratching the back of his head as one of his friends, a boy with large eyes, handed him a bag.

“Y-yes, it’s just down that way and to the right. I’m so sorry” I bowed as low as I could to him and his friends, flushing even redder when the other table started hooting and wolf whistling in my direction again. However, I didn’t know that the hamster’s friends were glaring at said table.

About half an hour later, the hamster boy (who was all changed), his friends, and the other table left (well, actually, the owner kicked them out and banished them from the café for a year for harassing me and other female employees). My friends and coworkers all tried cheering me up the whole night, telling me that it was not my fault and all that but I still felt horrible for spilling the drink on him when he and his friends were so sweet. Not like the other group. I quickly finished setting and cleaning all the tables before I took off my apron and changed out of my work uniform to my own clothes.

I waved and said good bye to my friends and coworkers as I made my way out the door only to be scared because he was waiting outside beside the café’s door.

“H-hi!” He shyly said, scratching the back of his neck.

“H-h-h-hi” I stuttered back. Dang it. Why did I stutter?! I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

“This might seem kind of strange and all but I was wondering if you’d like to go out for coffee with me?” The hamster boy asked me.

I looked at him, shocked since I did accidentally spilt a drink on him half an hour before and now he was asking me to grab a coffee with him.

“Um, i-it’s ok if you don’t want to, I mean, I know I’m not as good looking as my other friends and not as tall….Oh but I promise I’m not weird or anything. Definitely not a creeper!” He shook his hands in front of himself.

Suddenly I couldn’t help but lean over and peck his cheek, stunning him and making his ears flush red. Aigoo, how cute! I totally didn’t know what I was thinking since I barely knew this boy but he was just too adorable not to.

“S-s-so, was that a yes?” He asked.

Giggling, I nodded my head. “Ah, I’m _______. Nice to meet you.”

“_______, what a beautiful name~” he beamed at me as we walked towards the nearest and best coffee shoppe. “My name is Minseok but you can call me Xiumin.”

Finally, I can stop calling him hamster boy! I laughed mentally, as we continued talking and laughing all the way to the coffee shoppe.


The End