Hehehe, I --mmph-- 'ove youuu

A Series of Oneshots

[Lay x You]


“Shot, shot, shot, shot, shot! WOOOO!!” Chen, Tao, Luhan, and Chanyeol cheered as the two leaders duked it out with shots of vodka at the booth that the group claimed near the side of the packed club. Kris choked on a shot and gave up causing the boys to cheer again as Suho, the victor, slammed his head against the table, dizzy from the rush of alcohol.

 

On the other side of the booth, over the obnoxious music that blared from the DJ’s stand, you were sandwiched in between your two best friends, Kai and Sehun who were currently trying to get you to confess to the guy sitting across from you.

 

Ignoring the others and everything else around the three of you except for the human of your affections, Kai leans over, drink in hand, and whispers into your ear. “Why don’t you just tell him already? Hyung isn’t like other guys; you have nothing to be afraid of!” 

 

Leaning away from him in annoyance and disgust as you smelt the rum on his breath, you answered him, “What don’t you get?! I can’t! Why would he like someone like me? I’m such a— a— a— boy! I don’t like flowers or eat chocolate. Heck, I love watching horror movies and I’m not ticklish! What kind of guy would want to date a girl like that?! Especially someone as perfect as him?” you sighed, slouching over, letting your head hit the table as you cradled your own drink in-between your hands across the table.

 

Someone scoffed, rolling his eyes as he watch his best friend’s dramatic act. Looking over to his partner in crime, he smirked and looked towards the bar before voicing his idea. “Fine then. If you can’t confess to him tonight or ever, then don’t be a bum. Let’s make a bet~” Sehun suggested.

 

Hearing the word ‘bet’, your ears perked up. Staying in your position, you turn your head towards Sehun and mumbled a muffled “What’s the bet?”

 

“Let’s see who can take the most shots and the loser has to do one thing the winner wishes.” Sehun smirked.

 

“…..Nothing bad right?” You asked to which Sehun nodded. “Deal.”

 

Kai stood up and headed towards the bar, grabbing a couple rounds of shots for the bet as the un-official judge. When he came back, he lined up the drinks equally in front of you and Sehun before sitting down and narrating the bet. “Lady and Sehun, on your set, get ready…..GO!”

 

With that, both you and Sehun took shot after shot, faces puckering here and there from the burning sensation the alcohol left behind. After 3 minutes of hard core shot taking, you started to feel nauseous and called quits. Sehun threw his arms up before rushing to the bathroom, looking quite sick himself. 

 

“….Do you need to go to the bathroom?” Kai asked, handing you a large glass of water. 

 

Holding up a hand signalling for him to give you a second, you clutched your head and waited until all the nausea and dizziness settled down. After a couple of minutes, you shook your head slowly, taking large sips of the glorious, sobering water.

 

“Alright then, get ready, as soon as we go take care of the tab, we’re going home. Most of the hyungs are past out.” Kai said, looking at the others, “Ah, Lay hyung, can you watch over _________ for me? She had too much to drink.” Lay nodded his head, eyes shining with worry as Kai headed to the bar with Xiumin hyung who had Suho’s black card in his hands.

 

You were so out of it that you didn’t register what Kai had said until you felt a warm hand carding your hair gently away from your face. You jolted up so fast to see Lay’s shocked face that the room started to spin again. 

 

“Whoa, easy there. I got you.” Lay’s gentle voice said from beside your ear as his arm wrapped around your waist to keep you from falling over. You face wasn’t burning from just the alcohol alone now. The sensation of Lay’s toned arm around your waist and his close proximity cause your face to flare even more. “It’s ok __________, you can lean on me.” Lay chuckled when he realized you were looking up at him with big, puppy eyes.

 

Nodding your head numbly, you allowed Lay to guide you out of the club, Kai and the other ok boys (the ones that were still sober enough to function) helped move the dead weights to the waiting cab. Sadly, when you got close to the cab, Kai shook his head as he said, “Welp, guess the four of us will have to walk home. Minnie hyung, you ok with taking care of them?” To which Xiumin answered with a cheery ‘Yup! See you guys at home!’ before the Cab took off.

 

As the four of you started making your way home, Kai and Sehun started drifting farther, a couple meters in front of you and Lay as Kai started teasing and making fun of a stumbling Sehun who’s words were still a bit slurred which left you in a little private bubble with your crush.

 

You were so focused on the fact that Lay hand his arm wrapped securely around your waist and that you were leaning up against him as he kept you from stumbling that you didn’t hear his question. “____________? You ok?”

 

“Huh? Oh, yeah! Just peachy~ Hehehe~ peachy~ pea~chy~” You started giggling, not knowing why the word was so funny causing Lay to chuckle at your cuteness. 

 

“Hahaha, I’ll take that as a yes. …..!!! _-_-_______! W-wha?” Lay stuttered as you pulled him down to your level, so that the both of you were only inches away from each others’ faces. Lay’s ears instantly turned red which went unnoticed by you.

 

“Hehehehe, Oppa~ did you know *hick* did you know that….” You trailed off, eyes trailing down Lay’s face and locking in on his lips. A few mumbled curse words were heard from farther up, mixed in with the sound of rustling(1).

 

Lay gulped and shakily whispered, “D-d-do I know w-what?” 

 

“Hehehe, that I -mmph- ‘ove you?” You giggled, smiling brightly, the alcohol making you braver and more forward than usual. 

 

Lay’s eyes widened before he smiled down angelically at you, “Mmm, arasseo. I know.” His eyes crinkled as his cheek dimpled with his smile, “I love you too __________~” He leaned in as you closed your eyes and pecked you on the lips before you fell into him, getting sleepy as a goofy smile broke out onto your face. 

 

“Heeee, ‘ove you, —ppa.” You mumbled before you fell asleep against Lay’s firm chest. 

 

“Aigooo, she fell asleep.” Lay smiled lovingly down at you before shifting you onto his back as he piggybacked you all the way back to the dorm. 


The End.

image

image

image


Omake:

(1):

Kai was keeping Sehun busy since he entertained himself with the drunk maknae a couple of meters ahead of the, hopefully new couple. 

 

“Hey, do you want to make another bet, Hunnie?” Kai asked while Sehun tripped beside him.

 

“Bet? Surrrrreeeee~ Wha we beh-ting?” Sehun’s drunken slurs were even worst with his lisp coming back.

 

“I bet you can’t beat me in a race to the crosswalk!” Kai smirked, eyeing the bushes ahead of them.

 

“—Shhooo can too.” Sehun slurred, shaking his head as his hooded eyes took on a clouded determined look.

 

“Ready….Set….GO!” They both started to run before Kai pushed Sehun’s clumsy, alcohol induced body into a bush besides them.

 

“….@#$%^&*(!!! Darn you Kim Jongin!!!!” Sehun yelled, suddenly sober from the shock of falling. 

 

Kai only laughed out loudly before running for his life as Sehun struggled getting out of the bush and chased him.


The End

image

 

image