Nerdy Love

A Series of Oneshots

[Luhan x You]


Luhan’s POV:

Her beautiful smile.

Her lively eyes.

Her lovely personality.

Her adorable laugh.

So addicting….

All these things draw me to her, and yet…I still don’t have the courage to confess to her.

Her name?  _________. She’s been in my class for as long as I remember. I fell for her a little more every day. I didn’t have the courage then either, not to go up and talk to her.

But then, Jongdae introduced her to our group. We started hanging out, a little at first and then….the thirteen of us became inseparable.

Each and every day, little by little, the two of us became closer. I started to become braver and more comfortable, opening up to her more than I’ve ever opened up to the other gender….but…..still not brave enough to confess……

“Hyung, you should confess soon….” Sehoon and Jongin pulled me aside one day.

“…I know…but…I don’t know how.” I looked up with them, lost and a little dejected.

“You’re still teaching _______ noona how to solve the rubix cube right?” Jongin asked.

“Yeah….she can almost solve it all now. “ I gave him a slight smile, a memory of her excited smile popped up into my head from the time she almost solved the whole cube.

“Aigooo~ Lulu hyung’s got it bad~” Sehoon laughed, patting me on the head. Darn him and his tallness.

“Well then, this is what you’ll do hyung~” Jongin whispered his plan to me. Each and every detail planned out to a Tee.

“…..That’s……perfect! But…how will I be able to pull it off?” I furrowed my brows at him.

“Don’t worry about it hyung! We’re one, remember? We’ll help you out!” Sehoon and Jongin slapped my back, making me grateful and proud to have them as brothers.

xX 2 weeks later Xx

We were all at school on a Saturday, a couple of other students were there studying but the main building was pretty much empty.

“Ok hyung, you just wait here until ________ comes in, give her this rubix cube to solve and we’ll handle the rest!” the rest of them ran off as I sat down at a desk and waited for ________ to come.

A few minutes past back before the door of the classroom slid open.

 “Aigooo….I’m soo sorry I’m late oppa!!” _______ was out of breathe from running.

“It’s ok! Here, let’s get started!” I gave her my signature eye smile and handed her the rubix cube.

“Do I have a time limit again? Cause I think I can solve it in 5 now…” Her brows furrowed in concentration.

I sat and watched her, trying not to fidget, nervous about what’s to come.

2 minutes pasted and ________ was still working on the rubix cube when I got a text message from Xiumin

“Ya~ we’re finished setting up. You should leave soon!”

I sent back an ‘ok’ to him before checking my watch again. 4 minutes down….. “_______ ah, I’m going to go to the bathroom first!” I got up and left, making sure to close the door all the way. Time to set this plan into motion.

Your POV

xX about 45 seconds after Luhan left Xx

…..Done!! That was harder than normal! I looked up, about to tell Luhan oppa that I was finished but I didn’t see him anywhere.

“…Where…! Oh right, he said he’s going to the bathroom!” I laughed at how silly I was for momentarily forgetting. I looked out the window, running my fingers over the smooth surfaces of the rubix cube. ….Wait a minute. It’s not smooth. What the…I looked down and noticed that there was something etched onto the white side of the rubix cube. Squinting my eyes, I held the cube up to my face and read out some instructions.

“….Annyeong ________ ah~ this is Luhan oppa! I bet you’re wondering what in the world I’m doing but don’t worry! Just finish reading this and follow the steps! ^^” –Luhan oppa

“….Oppa…..” I sighed and continued reading on.

“1. Leave the classroom and follow the blue dots marked on the floor. Look for 9 envelopes~ keep them with you because you’ll need them in the end~!”

I got up and left the class room like Luhan oppa’s instructions told me to. I am too curious now to stop. Looking around, I tried to find a small envelope but I had no idea what they were supposed to look like. I opened up cubbies and checked every nook and cranny before I found one tucked into the frame of a window near the first blue dot on the floor. It was a baby blue envelope. I shook it a bit seeing as it was very light before opening it. When I opened it, I found a square piece of a rubix cube in it. It was labeled #5 on the back and had  ‘是‘ written on the front.

“……Mwo ya….?” I was soo confused since I couldn’t read Chinese. I stood there dumbfounded for a few more seconds before I shrugged and continued looking for the evolopes. I followed the blue dots, gathering the envelopes one by one, gaining more and more pieces along the way.

xX a few minutes later Xx

I’ve finally gathered all nine envelopes and am currently making my way to the pagoda in the beautifully landscaped garden.

I was making my way up the small steps when I spotted a small gift box sitting on the table inside the pagoda. Curious, I reached for the letter on top of the box.

To _______~ hopefully, you’ll like it ^^ -Luhan oppa”

Smiling like an idiot, I opened the gift box and found a rubix cube with a missing side inside of the gift box.

Finally understand what I was supposed to do with the pieces I’ve collected; I took them out of the envelopes and set them out onto the table:

5. 是

2. 爱

4. 你

7. 的

3. 你

8. 永

9. 恒

1. 我

6. 我

I smiled and shook my head. Looks like I’ll be fixing the empty side of the rubix cube. One by one, I peeled off the sticker of the back of the tile and stuck it onto the rubix cube according to their numbers.

In the end, I ended up with a sentence: 我爱你你是我的永恒.

There was only one problem though… I didn’t know how to read it. Sighing, I slouched onto the table, face resting against my palm as I tapped my fingers against the marble table.

“…Oppa….Where are you?” I pouted.

“Right behind you~ _______ ah~” I jumped a little, surprised by Luhan Oppa’s sudden appearance.

“________ ah~, do you know what that means?” Luhan oppa’s voice as always was soft and made my heart melt every time I heard it.

“Ani! I don’t know….” I frowned a little, feeling a little down that I didn’t know how to read it even though I’ve taken lessons.

“_______ ah~” Luhan oppa called out softly, snapping me out of my thoughts and making me look at him. I caught his eyes, something making me hold onto his gaze…

“_______ ah~ It says…” Luhan oppa came closer until we were only a few centimeters apart. I was so entranced by him that I didn’t take a step back. “I love you. Will you be mine for eternity?” He grabbed my hand, bringing it up to his lips and kissing it.

“…” I was speechless. I couldn’t fathom the thought that all this time, he returned my feelings when I’ve been sulking and moping around the dorm.

“!! Why are you crying _______ ah~? Do you not like me? Have I saddened you with my confession?” Luhan oppa’s face looked utterly heartbroken and yet he still gave me a gentle, sad smile, his eyes lighting up with pain and heartbreak.

I shook my head furiously, still too shocked to speak. His brows furrowed some more. “Then please…why are you crying?” Luhan oppa a tear away with his thumb as he cupped my face with both of his hands.

I nuzzled my face into his comforting hand, one hand reaching up and grasping onto his. “A-ani o-oppa. I’m just soo happy right now.” I said through a watery smile.

“Then why do you cry?” He continued to caress my face, thumbing away stray tears as I smiled even more widely up at him.

“Because oppa, I’ve been waiting so long to hear these words from you.” I felt happiness and warmth bloom from the center of my heart when I saw the most breathtaking smile grow across his face.

“Really?” He whispered as he leaned in.

“Really.” I murmured back at him, closing my eyes as our lips met for the first time.

xX With the rest of EXO who are hiding behind the trees and shrubs around the pagoda Xx

“…That’ll be ten bucks.” Kai smirked as he held out him palm.

Kris, Chen, Baekhyun, and Tao slapped tens into his palm, all of them happy for the new couple but frowning/pouting because they lost to Jongin of all people.

The rest of the boys just shook their heads, smiling at the silliness of their brothers as they watched over their new couple.


The End