Chapter 8

Love Has No Price At All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: New poster!! :D Thank you Venus Poster Shop~ In this chapter, it will explain how a chinese wedding would be like instead of a Korean one. I'm not 100% exactly sure that this happens at every chinese wedding but all of this information is based on my experience from going to them. Yes, it may be a bit confusing but from my knowledge, it seems to happen everytime I go to a chinese wedding. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter~

 

"OKAY EVERYONE~!" A lady which you assumed was Kris aunt said and everyone stopped talking to pay attention. On the table, there were green leaves tied with a red thread. Gold accessories were placed there and red envelopes. The Wu's must really like red huh? Your dress was red and tight around your wasit area but a small slit was cut and it showed your right thigh halfway.

"Now, before we start the tea serving, we're going to play a little game now, shall we? If the groom carries the bride and do squats 5 times, then everyone will get a red envelope~!" Kris aunt said and both of your eyes widened.

Kris knew this was going to come sooner or later. His family does all these stupid traditional usless things that Kris hates. Kris looked at you and saw that you were frozen in your spot. He smirked. *This might be actually fun to tease Min Hee*

"Are you ready?" Kris said and you turned to look at him.

He isn't serious is he? Right!? "Okay, the groom may carry the bride now~"

Everyone cheered and suddenly you felt Kris had his right arm under your kness and his left arm around you. He lifted you up and you yelped hanging onto him for dear life. The guests were cheering while Kris did his 5 squats, after he was done, he put you down and you hid your blush. 

"Okay~! Everyone gets a red envelope." His aunt said and handed the guests the red envelope.

"Now it's time for the bride and groom to serve tea to the elders." you heard his aunt say and saw two flat pillows on the floor facing both of the parents. Kris kneeled down and you did the same. A maid came with two cups of tea and handed both of you guys the tea.

"Now the bride and groom shall serve the tea." Kris aunt said and you did what she said.

After serving the tea and getting their blessings, the parents seemed to have a gift for the bride. They took the gold accessories and put them all over you. What you didn't know was that the gold was real gold. Pure gold. So it felt heavy once you had all of them on. You looked like a hanger holding onto so many accessories.

One of the ladies put the leaf on your head and you saw that you weren't the only one that had it. The males had it on their coat while the ladies had it on their head.

After all the traditional stuff ended, the guests soon left to the church while you had to accompany Kris and both of your parents. The Wu family had a different style or tradition when it comes to wedding day. Unlike most brides in Korea who just gets married in the wedding hall and go straight to the honeymoon, the Wu family had to have the wedding ceremony in a chruch and have a dinner party with the guests at night. 

You didn't mind at all since the elders wanted it. You were kind of disappointed because your dream was to marry someone you love. Not an arranged marriage to a person you hardly know.

This wedding feels as if it's some other person's wedding. It didn't feel like yours because you didn't know anyone besides your family. You always wanted to pick your own bridesmaid and take photos with them but it seems like the Wu's have already planned out everything. The ride to the chruch was awkward and boring. You kept on staring out the window wondering why you even got stuck in a situation like this.

Kris was busy texting s and you couldn't help but be annoyed because the stupid phone kept on buzzing every single 5 second. You didn't even know where the chruch is and it's your own wedding. Soon enough, you could see a beach and the wide ocean.

*Is the church going to be near the sea side?* You thought and smiled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter