Chapter 13

Love Has No Price At All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You woke up and looked around. Yesterday night you remembered falling asleep on the couch but how did you get into your own room? You walked out and went downstairs to find your files and laptop still in the same place where you last placed it. *That's weird. I don't sleepwalk but how did I get to my room?* you thought and went inside the kitchen.

There were at least 3 maids making breakfast and 3 butlers placing food on the table. You didn't remember hiring maids and butlers and what made it more suspicious was that Kris sat in the dinning room reading a newspaper not minding the servants. "Mrs.Wu, please take a seat" one of the butlers told you.

You stared at him for a while before sitting down, you stared at Kris from across the table wondering what he was up to. "I know I'm handsome and all but please stop looking at me." he smirked and you scoffed at his concited comment. You grabbed a toast and bit on it before Kris started talking again.

"You are really heavy you know. Do some squats or something, those thighs aren't going to lose it's weight with you sitting down." he said and closed the newspaper before placing it on the table.

"Why would you care? You didn't complain about it when you were staring at it the other day." you spat back.

"I was staring at it because it's as huge as a pig. Please go on a diet, I don't want a fat wife." he said before getting up.

"Well please shirnk a little, because I don't want a giant as a husband." you hissed and took another bite of your toast with a little more force.

"You're funny. NOT." he said and left the dinning room.

After you felt certain that he left, you stared down at your thighs. "I'm not fat. Psh that jerk." you muttered before going to your room to get dressed. Unlike most female workers in the company, you had no desire to show off your long legs or your chest, so you would wear a pair of jeans and blouse.

You arrived at the company right after Kris and kept a big distance between you guys. While you were greeting your co-workers, the elevator dinged and Kris got in. You ran towards the elevator but it was too late since the doors left a little slit right in front of your face. Kris smirked and waved his hands right before the doors closed shut. You stomped your foot and gave a glare at the door. You knew Kris did it on purpose to tease you and prank you. 

You waited for the next elevator and once you finally reached your office, Kris called you in. Before walking into his office, you rolled your eyes and entered. "Yes...sir?"

"Bring this file to the Cho company. I expect you to be back in 10 minutes. Or else you're fired." he said casually and threw a file towards you. Luckily you caught it before it slammed into your face. You gritted your teeth. "Anything else?"

"Oh and bring back a coffee while you're at it. And this time I want a coffee from a different cafe." he smirked and you bowed. You walked out of the office and kicked your desk to get all the anger out. 

"Ugh." you grunted and grabbed your bag. You walked towards the elevator and walked in. Before stopping at the lobby, the door opened at the 10th floor and you saw a woman walk in. She had long wavy black hair, her orbs were dark brown, she had a sharp nose, and her lips covered in red lipstick. She wore a very short pencil skirt with a blouse showing off her cleavage.

She smiled at you before the elevator door closed. "Hi, you must be Kris new secretary. I'm Minah from the Management Department. It's nice to meet you." she smiled.

"Hello, I'm Min Hee. It's nice to meet you too." you said and bowed.

"Omo, you're so lucky to be Kris secretary! Every girl in this company would die to be in your spot." Minah said and you just laughed nervously.

You bowed again before leaving. You checked your watch and saw that you only had 8 minutes left. You ran and ran before arriving at a huge company. You asked the lady in the counter and she directed to towards the CEO. You knocked the office door and heard a "Come in."

You walked in and sighed a little at how beautiful the office was decorated. Near the left wall, you could see a fish tank, and on your right wall was a shelf of books. Even though Kris office was much bigger than this, this office was much more warm. You felt comfortable right away when you walked in, as if you're not a guest.

A man stood up and you saw how young he was. He looked as young as Kris. *Man, what is up with this world and young CEO's.* you thought and smiled at the man in front of you. "Take a seat." he said.

You sat down and handed him the file. He took it and read it with an expressionless face. Then what he did next surprised you cause he started chuckling.

"Kris will always be the same. Never agreeing to form partnerships. Don't you think so too?" he said with a faint smile.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what you're talking about since I didn't look at the file." you said. He looked at you with an interest. "You must be one of Kris new secretary huh? I can tell by your manner. Well, just call me Jinhyuk. You don't have to be so formal."

"Ah...Jinhyuk-shi....I have to go. It's nice meeting you." you bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter