Chapter 28

Love Has No Price At All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What were you doing?" Kris said as he let you go. You huffed and smoothed out your shirt. You turned to him with your head held high. "I was trying to escape." you said matter of factly.

"Through that vent?" Kris raised his eyebrows and pointed at the small vent. You rolled your eyes, "Yes smart one. Through that vent." You can not believe you're having this conversation with Kris. You stll felt angry and heart broken after what he did to you.

"Look Min Hee...we need to talk." Kris said and you saw regret in his eyes. "There's no need to talk. Kris can't you just leave me alone?" you asked. How can he not know how you felt right now? After all he's done to you had hurt you a lot. You don't even know if you could recover from your broken heart ever.

"Min Hee, look, I made a mistake okay? I treated you like trash and ignored you for stupid reasons. I know I had hurt you a lot and there's no way I might have experienced what you felt but please, I did wrong." Kris said with desperation.

You were still giving him a cold stare.

"Kris, if you know you had hurt me, you'd be smart enough to let me go. Don't contact me ever again." you said and tried to walk past him but he held your wrist.

"What can I do to get you back? I already broke up with Hayoung." Kris said. You looked at him in disbelief. How dare he have the guts to ask you to forgive him and go back to him?

"I don't want to ever see you again. I don't want to continue on with this marriage life. Let's...get a divorce." You finally said. You had held it in since the trip to Hawaii.

"W-What?" Kris said and faced you while holding onto your arms. "W-What d-did you say?" Kris said slowly. 

"I said...let's get a divorce. This is obviously not working out. I'll explain to our parents and hopefully they'll understand." you said.

Kris stared at you with heartbroken eyes. He couldn't believe this was happening, right after he finds out that he truly loves you, you decided to leave him. This wasn't suppose to happen. If Hayoung never came back, then he was sure you both would be living as a happy couple. You'd guys would probably have little kids running around the house by now.

"Give me another chance. I'll prove to you that I do want you back" Kris tried to convince you. You closed your eyes for a moment and sighed.

"Kris, I gave you many chances. But you know what you did with it? You threw it away like you threw away trash. You threw me away. I was there all along giving you chances." you said.

"I know, I was foolish! I was stupid! I didn't open my eyes sooner and see the light. But if you give me one more chance, I'll do anything to get you back. Min Hee...I love you." Kris said and gently the side of your face.

You opened your eyes and stared at Kris with a sad gaze. If this happened a few weeks ago, you would have gave in. You would have given him another chance. But it's too late now, you had decided to leave Kris.

"I'm sorry Kris. But we're just not meant to be. I hope you can understand." You said and gently removed his hands from your face. "I'll tell my lawyer to send you the divorce papers by tomorrow." you said before picking up your box and leaving the restroom.

When you reached outside of the building, a single tear dropped from your face. When you were having that conversation, your heart kept telling you to give him another chance. If you let him prove himself- maybe just maybe, he'll become one of the most important people in your life.

But because of how he had treated you thoughout these past few months, you had just given up on hope. There is no way you can forgive him and the thought of actually thinking there was hope was stupid. All you wanted was just a simple life where you can meet the guy of your dreams. But even fate won't play nice.

You sighed and tried to hail a taxi but all of them were busy. You put your box down and sat on the bench waiting for the bus to come. You were thinking about how to break the news to your parents. They'd of course disown you and then you'd end up in the streets with only 5 bucks. It didn't matter if you had a home or not, you were just glad to be free from Kris. He had played with your heart more than once and you couldn't handle it anymore.

Suddenly a car honked and it snapped you out of your daze. You looked up to see Jinhyuk with his car window rolled down. "Need a ride?" he smiled. You returned his smile and picked up your box and went inside his car. "Thanks for the offer." you said.

"No problem. I was just passing by and I so happen to see you here. So where are you heading?" he asked as he started driving. "Uh..my parents home." you said.

"At this time? It's like 1 in the afternoon, shouldn't you be at work-...oh." Jinhyuk said and then he looked at the box you held. He had guessed you no longer worked anymore.

You didn't speak and the car ride was just silent. Soon, you were standing at the door of your parent's house. Jinhyuk had left a few minutes ago since he had to go back to work and you thanked him again. You ringed the doorbell and waited a few minutes.

"Yeah just- OH! MINHEE~!" Your mom opened the door and greeted you. You hugged her back with the same enthusiasm, it had been so long since you last hugged your mom. "Who's at the door honey?" You heard your dad and you ran towards him giving him a bone crushing hug. "Oh my little princess is here!" he laughed and hugged you back. 

------------

Kris was sitting in his office while looking at the wall blankly. He was in a daze and he knew he just screwed up. There was no way he could get you back and it was just great timing when he found out that you were the one he loved. 

"Mr.Wu, your father is here." a female voice said through the phone. "Send him in." Kris said and rubbed his temples. After not answering his father's call these past few days, it seemed as his father got impatient. 

"Kris. You know the reason why I'm here." His father said as he took a seat in front of Kris. "Yes, I know." Kris replied. "So where is the contract? I hoped it's signed." His father smiled.

"I didn't get it signed. Min Hee...she wants to file a divorce." Kris finally said with a frustrated sigh. "WHAT!? DIVORCE!?" Mr.Wu shouted. Kris knew this was going to happen. "But how is that possible!? Min Hee and you had perfect chemistry. Did you do something to her brat?" Mr.Wu said.

"I-I..I took her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter