Chapter 25

Love Has No Price At All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You woke up and felt miserable. You didn't know whether it was the weather outside or the fact that Kris went to Hayoung. Yesterday you had such a weird dream, a dream of you and Kris on the beach shore kissing. If only it was reality, then you wouldn't have to feel so crappy right now. You got up and noticed that you were on your bed. You guessed you do sleep walk.

You went to the restroom to change before going downstairs. When you came down the stairs, it was awfully quiet and you wondered where the maids were. Usually the head maid would be yelling out orders to the others and the kitchen chef's would be cooking but today, there was no sound.

You made your way into the kitchen and saw Kris sitting on a stool while reading his newspaper. His side view really resembled an anime character.  He looked up and smiled. "Morning." you stared at him wondering if this was a dream. Why is Kris casually sitting there without Hayoung? By the way, where is that girl?

You ignored Kris and went to the fridge to find something to eat. Deciding to eat a yogurt, you grabbed a spoon and went towards the living room. Kris followed behind you and you couldn't help but feel annoyed. "Don't you have something else to do?" You turned around and faced him. "And what would that be?" he asked.

"Oh I don't know, maybe go on a date with your girlfriend." you snapped. "Girlfriend? You mean Hayoung?" Kris said. You rolled your eyes because clearly you know that he was acting. "Who else?" You said.

"Hayoung is busy." he said with a poker face. Oh so you're the second option now huh? So when Hayoung isn't around, you're going to be the one who entertains him? "Well I am too." you said before walking out the door.

-----------------

*Knock knock*

"Come in." Kris said and a man walked in. Kris looked up and his face hardened. His father was smiling which was suspicious because he never smiled unless something very surprising came up.

"Son." he said as he sat in front of Kris. Kris leaned back and folded his hands while staring at his father. "I have some great news!"

"What is it? I'm busy right now." Kris said but the old man ignored his comment. "It's the contract from the Kim company. I went over it a few weeks ago and asked our lawyer if there was any loop holes but there's none. The Kim's stayed true to their words." His father smirked. 

"Your point is?" Kris muttered. "Now it's up to you. You have to make Min Hee let you take over the company. Take her to a romantic dinner, walk with her in the beach, or make love to her. Do anything so that you can to gain her trust. And once you do, make her sign this contract and then we'll put a seal to this." his father said.

Kris expression turned even more burdened. His father is asking him to make you trust him but how can he when he already lost your trust? There was no way you'll ever forgive him after the words he said. Kris father saw his son thinking hard and he knew something was wrong.

"You did something wrong huh? That's why you're so silent right now." his father said in a hushed tone. His happy mood was no longer happy and he was worried that his son already made a big mistake. A simple mistake can cause them both to be living in the streets.

"You better gain her trust back. We need their company. Or else we'll both be living in the dumpsters. Kris, if you make Min Hee love you, everything can be ours. Everything."

"Give me the contract." Kris said and his father handed him a packet. "I should expect you to get this done in 1 month. No excuses." his father got up and clearly warned him but Kris was too busy thinking. 

The task his father asked wasn't as easy as he thought. Kris knew you were the stubborn kind and you didn't just simply forgive someone who commited a sin. Kris looked around his office and noticed that most of his files were completed and the projects were finished.

Kris closed his eyes before calling his other assistant. "Get me two tickets to Hawaii by tomorrow. First class."

Kris walked out of his office and went towards yours. He saw you working on some files and without knocking, he walked in. You looked up and was surprised to see Kris in your office. Usually its the opposite. "Do you need...something?" you asked.

"Yes. Take rest of the day off. And the whole week. You're going to Hawaii with me on a busniess trip." Kris said. "Excuse me?" you said not understanding what Kris meant. Why was he suddenly asking you to go on a trip with him? He must be joking because there was no way you're leaving. 

"I don't want to repeat it again. Go home and pack your things. We leave tomorrow." Kris said and got up.

"Well I'm not going." You said and continued typing on the computer. "You will. Even if I have to drag you." Kris said and you didn't reply. Kris walked out of your office with a frustrated sigh. You were indeed the most stubborn person in this world. Kris just wanted to say it nicely but instead it came out harsh.

After Kris left your office, you rubbed your temples and sighed. You did not understand Kris at all, he acts all nice and then all harsh the next second. *Who's the real you, Kris? Stop making me confused.*

-----------------

"Mrs.Wu, please let me carry those to the car." the butler said but you just shook your head and carried the luggage yourself. You have been cursing Kris all morning. In your mind of course. Who the hell wakes up at 5 AM in the ing morning when the plane leaves at 12 in the afternoon?

*Flashback to the morning*

"WAKE UP PIG!" Kris pulled the blanket off you. You muttered something and curled up into a ball trying to keep warm. "Yah!" he shouted and you groaned. You looked at your alarm clock and it was just 4:45 AM. You decided to ignore Kris and fell asleep again.

Kris rolled his eyes. *Calm Kris. Calm. This trip is for the both of you and you need to make Min Hee trust you again. Make her sign the contract and you and your father can take over the company.*

Kris shook your body this time instead of yelling. You felt annoyed so you kicked him in the shin. Kris grunted and tried to shake you again.

" OFF." you shouted and threw a pillow at him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter