Chapter 22

Love Has No Price At All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You woke up with tear stains in your pillow and you didn't notice. You were so freaking tired to even care. You looked at the alarm clock near you and saw it was 9 AM. 5 hours of sleep made you groan and toss around the bed, you still had to get to work and help out with the files.

*This better come to the office.* You thought and went to go get fixed up in the restroom. You tied your hair into a messy bun and wore a shirt with jeans. You also put on a cardigan with a pair of converse. Deciding you were done, you grabbed your bag and head downstairs. 

When you walked into the kitchen, you did not expect the scene in front of you. Hayoung was sitting on the kitchen counter wearing Kris's shirt and a shirtless Kris was standing in front of her while feeding a strawberry into . He pecked her lips before turning around, only to see you standing by the doorway. 

"Min Hee, I don't think I have time to go to the office today. Do you mind taking care of the project for me, just for today." Kris asked and you looked at him in disbelief. Was this jerk taking the day off just because he wanted to go on a date with Hayoung? And how dare he leave you with the big project in the palms of your hand.

"You don't mind right?" Kris smiled at you and you looked away. You opened the door just before Kris yelled a thanks to you before walking back into the kitchen.

You looked up in the sky and sighed. Sure you were heartbroken that Kris played around with you but what really made you mad was that he's leaving everything to you while he goes around and play with his girlfriend.

-----------

When you sat down on your seat in the office, two of your co-workers came walking in with more files. "You can leave them there." you said, pointed at the stack of files you have to go through.

"Do you know when the CEO will be back?" one of them asked. "He won't be here today. So whatever you need signed, just send it to my office." you said and they both nodded before leaving.

 

It was soon lunch break and your stomach grumbled, you haven't ate for the past 24 hour. Then you got a text from Jinhyuk.

From: Jinhyuk

To: Min Hee

 Min Hee, do you have time for lunch?

You thought for a second before replying. A little lunch break wouldn't hurt.

To: Jinhyuk

From: Min Hee

 Yes, I have time for lunch. Why?

You waited for a reply and no longer than a minute, Jinhyuk had replied.

From: Jinhyuk

To: Min Hee

 Want to go out for lunch? My treat. :D

You smiled and agreed. 10 minutes later, Jinhyuk was in front of the office building and you walked towards his car.

"Well someone is looking casual today." Jinhyuk smiled and opened the car door for you. "Thanks" you muttered and went in.

"So where are we going to eat at?" you asked when he was driving. "At a restaurant I like." Jinhyuk smirked and you rolled you eyes. What is with boys and their smirks? They think they're all that with their badass image.

Soon enough, you guys arrived at a hotel restaurant and apparently Jinhyuk had reserved a table for two. "You knew I would agree huh?" you asked. "Of couse, that's why I reserved a table for the two of us." he said and you sat down. After you guys ordered some dishes, Jinhyuk leaned back in his chair.

"You know, I have a company party this weekend and I don't have a date yet." he said slowly and you looked at him. "I know you have a husband already but would you mind being my date for the night?" Jinhyuk asked.

You bit your lower lip and before you can reply, a voice disturbed your conversation. Both you and Jinhyuk looked up and saw no other than Kris and his girlfriend, Hayoung. 

"What are you guys doing here?" he asked. "What does it look like we're doing? We're having lunch." Jinhyuk said.

"Babe, let's not disturb them, we should go eat lunch some where else." Hayoung said and Jinhyuk looked at her. His eyes widen and when Hayoung made eye contact, she gasped.

"What are you doing back here?" Jinhyuk said. "I came back for Kris. I didn't know you knew Min Hee-shi." Hayoung looked at you.

You sensed something was up between the three. Something going back to the past and something snapped in your head. All those times when Kris and Jinhyuk mentioned about her, they were talking about Hayoung.

You wanted to pull your hair in fustration, furious because you didn't find out earlier and Kris never bothered to tell you. Seeing Kris and Hayoung made you decide to take Jinhyuk up on his offer of being his date for the company party. 

Kris was shooting glares at Jinhyuk while Hayoung was clinging to his arm. Ignoring them, you turned to Jinhyuk.

"Yes, I'll go to the party with you for sure." you said clearly for all of them to hear.  Deep down inside, you wanted Kris to be jealous just like you. When you looked at him, he had a poker face on with no emotions whatsoever.

"Perfect!" Jinhyuk exclaimed and clasped his hands together.

 Kris scowled at his action. "What party?" 

"Oh, I'm throwing a company party this weekend. You are invited too Kris. That's if you don't mind." Jinhyuk inwardly smirked.

"Oh we'd love to go! Don't we Kris?" Hayoung said and tugged on Kris arms. "Uh...yeah." Kris said.

"Great. The invitation cards are being sent out tomorrow. I hope to see you both this weekend." Jinhyuk smiled.

"Thank you Jinhyuk, come on Kris lets go." Hayoung said and dragged him away from your table. They found a seat on the far end of the row, leaving you two in peace and quiet. A little too quiet.

"Ahem." Jinhyuk cleared his throat. You had almost forgotten he was there, since you had been busy watching Kris and Hayoung interact at their table. No matter how many times you told yourself you hate Kris with all your gut, you still felt very betrayed and upset.

"Oh... yes?" you looked at him. He noticed your discomfort. Before he could say anything, the food arrived. Your plate consisted of a steak and green beans, not to mention the sophisticated decoration of fruits and garnish on the plate. Jinhyuk ordered the resturant's special, fish fillet and you both started to eat.

On the other table, Kris kept on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter