Chapter 17

Love Has No Price At All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mondays

Nobody liked Monday. So did you because it means the start of a new week. Your alarm clock rang and you rubbed your eyes while removing the blanket that was on you. You noticed you were still dressed in your clothes from last night so you tiredly walked towards the bathroom to take a shower. Your eyes were half open and when you opened the door, a steam of heat hit your face Right in the shower stood Kris Wu. 

"Jesus christ!" you shouted and slammed the door. Ugh thank goodness the steam covered the glass windows or else you would've seen Kris all . You went to the other bathroom that was in the guest room and took a shower. When you came downstairs, the maids were already placing food on the table. You didn't see Kris around and just assumed he left for work already. You quickly grabbed some toast and coffee before leaving to the office.

----------

When you arrived at the office, you greeted the people at the lobby. Once you arrvied at your desk, you couldn't help but gasp in shock. Your desk was full of folders and packets of notes. You sat down and saw a sticky note stuck on your computer, you grabbed it and read it out loud.

"Finish all of these files and send them to the Department of Finance. Then come to my office after."

                                                      -CEO Kris Wu

You started to work on the files. While you were working on it, you wondered if it was even possible to have this much work even if this was a elite company. Back when you were a little girl, you always visited your father's company and all the workers there even had time to play with you. 

It was soon past 3 when you finished, you got up and carried all the files to the Department of Finances. Once you reached to the 5th floor, you walked in and saw that most people went out for a break. A few ladies were standing together sipping coffee and talking, as you walked closer you over heard them talk.

"How long do you think until the new secretary will last?"

"I can bet this week's pay that she won't last for a month."

"How can you be so sure? She might even be fired next week."

"I bet she's in a relationship with Kris Wu, that's why she got that spot."

"No way Kris would ever like girls like her."

"Would you guys shut up? Someone might hear us."

You blinked away the anger and walked towards them. You threw the folders on the table which surprised them. You kept a poker face and bowed before leaving. *Won't last a month? We'll see about that.* you thought and went to Kris office like he requested. 

"You need anything?" You said feeling more irritated.

"The company is going bankrupt. I want you to go to every company listed here and arrange an meeting with them." Kris said and threw a folder at you.

"Yes sir." You said and walked out the door. You sat down on your seat and looked over the names of companies you have to call. Throughout the whole afternoon, you tried to convince other companies to have a meeting but so far none of them wanted to make a partnership with the Wu. 

You sighed and crossed out the names you already called and saw that you were down to one. You were tempted to skip it since everyone had rejected, until you looked closely and saw a too familiar name: Cho Company. Kris hated the Cho's guts why did he want you to call them? Then again, why do you care? Cho Jinhyuk has been nothing but nice to you so you decided to call.

"Hello?" said the husky familiar voice.

"Hello, this is secretary Kim of the Wu's Company. Is this is the CEO of Cho's Company?" you asked politely.

"Yes, this is Mr.Cho, is there a problem?" 

"My boss, Mr. Kris Wu, wanted to request a meeting with you to discuss a partnership." 

"No thank y- hold on, are you the secretary of Kris? Or should I say, his wife?" he teased.

"Please don't call me that while I'm at work, the phone calls are being monitored." you replied calmly.

"Then... shall I give you my cell phone number?" he laughed.

"No, I am a married woman whether I like it or not, please respect me and answer my question." you said in a dignified way.

"My answer is yes, just for you Secretary Kim." he replied.

"I will pretend I didn't hear the last part Mr. Cho. Mr. Wu is free tomorrow at 8 o' clock sharp. One hour. Is that okay with you?" 

"Perfect." 

"Thank you Mr. Cho, I will hang up now." 

You dropped the phone down to the stand and breathed a deep breath. The 'bastard Jinhyuk' Kris described was starting to show. He flirted with you over the phone knowing you have a husband. How low is that? You have to admit, even though you didn't really like Kris, you would NEVER cheat or flirt with someone else. Your mother taught you that a wife shall always stay loyal to the husband no matter what. And in this case, you have to stay loyal to Kris until someone filed for a divorce.  Curse your good heart.

You went up to Kris's office and it was emtpy so you quickly scribbled a post- it and stuck it to his desk and went downstairs.

-------------

Kris went out breifly since his father called him out. When he arrived at the restaurant, he noticed that there were two more seats in front of them. Kris sat down next to his father who was smirking.

"What are you planning to do now?" Kris asked his father coldly.

"You'll see." he said and just then Mr.Kim and Mrs.Kim arrived. They smiled warmly and each took a seat in front of Kris and his father.

"Why is our in-laws here?" Kris asked. "We'll talk about that later. Right now let's order some dishes shall we?" his father spoke and waved

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter