Chapter 24

Love Has No Price At All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After thinking about it over and over, you went back to the house. Jinhyuk had offered his place but it just didn't seem right, plus he had already done too much for you. You needed to solve your own problems even if that means having a long chat with a certain someone and possible divorce as you know you aren't wanted.

Jinhyuk drove you back at your request. From the driveway, you could tell all the lights were off so you assumed the house was either empty or Kris and Hayoung were both asleep, considering the fact she had forgiven him and wants to sleep with a married man. 

Both of your guesses were wrong when you opened the door. Kris was sleeping shirtless on top of Hayoung's lap on the couch, while Hayoung was awake and Kris blonde locks. She gasped when she saw you, but said nothing. You knew that Hayoung was the innocent one here because she obviously was Kris first love. And seeing your first love married to another woman can be a heartbreaking situation.

You wanted to do nothing more than to just go to sleep. You went up stairs to change and shower. Your throat got very dry so you reluctantly went downstairs to get yourself a glass of water. Hayoung was sitting on the sofa with tears streaming down her cheeks while staring blankly at the wall. Kris was still sleeping on the couch with his facing upwards.

"Lets talk." Hayoung finally looked away from the wall and faced you. You suddenly felt inferior to her tone,but didn't let it get to you. She wiped her tears and moved away from the living room and to the kitchen where you stood.

"Take a seat." Hayoung said as she sat in front of you.

"I don't like to beat around the bush so I'll keep this short. Kris obviously wants nothing to do with your sorry so its best that you divorce and leave him alone." Hayoung said with a cocky tone. 

Okay, sorry what? What did she just say? And to think she was innocent all along. You were so wrong right from the start because she is obviously NOT the innocent one. "Y-You want me to d-divorce Kris?" you stuttered. You didn't even know why you stuttered.

"Yes. And it'd be best for all of us if you disappear." Hayoung said as she crossed her arms. You couldn't believe she just said that. Since when did she have the right to give you orders? 

"What if I don't want a divorce?" you asked.

"Oh you will. I'll make you file the divorce. If you don't obey me now, I can guarantee that your life will be much more miserable. Kris oppa is very precious to me and I can't let him go." Hayoung smirked.

"Are you trying to threaten me right now?" you said in shock.

"Yes. I am. Problem? You know, I once made an mistake by leaving Kris oppa and look at him now, married to a ugly looking woman. And by ugly, I mean you. You dress like a tomboy, you act like one, and you obviously do not know the fashion trend nowadays." Hayoung insulted you.

Hold up. Did this girl just call you ugly looking and a tomboy? You know you're not the most beautiful looking girl in the world but you're not that ugly either. And what does being a tomboy have to do with this situation at all?

"You do know you're the one that is dating a married man. From others point of view, they would immediately assume you're the third wheel." you noted and she scoffed.

"Honey, in case you didn't know, you're the third wheel here. Kris oppa and I go way back in high school years. We have more history and we share the same feelings. You on the other hand, is nothing but a bothersome woman who came to destroy relationships." Hayoung said and you didn't reply. She is right, they have more history and they share the same feelings. You on the other hand, it just jealous because you're in a one sided love.

"I'll give you a week to divorce Kris and move out of this house." Hayoung said as she got up.

"I can't." you said. You couldn't because you mentally promised to bring happiness to your parents. You couldn't disappoint them now. Besides, your parents bought this house for you and Kris. With money out of their own pockets.

"You can. And you will." Hayoung said.

"I can't move out of this house. My parents bought this house for Kris and me." you said.

"Too bad now. Kris owns it once you divorce him." Hayoung said and walked out the kitchen.

What gave Kris the right to claim the house when it was from your parents money? You assumed Hayoung was just bluffing because there was no way your parents wrote Kris name under contract of the house. You walked out of the kitchen as well and when you walked up the stairs, you heard Kris talking.

"Babe, where did you go? Come here so I can cuddle with you." Kris said as he pulled Hayoung by the waist. They both lied on the couch, hugging each other that night while you slept alone in the cold bed sheets.

"Is divorce really the right choice? Can I avoid all this heartbreak if I divorce Kris?" you muttered to yourself as you curled up in the bed. 

But what about your parents? They would be disappointed in you. Getting a divorce after a few months of marriage is a shame to the family name. Your family would be a laughing stock because of you. Their eldest daughter failed in marriage life because she was threatened would make the company look bad. 

You lied there and thought about all the pros and cons of getting a divorce. Would getting a divorce really make the company fall because there was no male heir?

--------------

The next morning you woke up and got ready. When you walked down the stairs, you heard some maid talking in the kitchen.

"Who is that woman that is living here? I never saw her before." one maid said.

"This morning I saw Master Wu sleeping with her on the couch." another said.

"Do you think Mrs.Wu know? If she does then I feel so sorry for her."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter