Chapter 19

Love Has No Price At All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Or else I would have to punish you everytime with a kiss."

You tried to process what Kris had said. *What? Kiss me everytime I called him that name? Since when was Kris a skinship monster?* you thought and felt Kris rubbing the lower part of your back. You looked up at him with flushed cheeks and quickly got off his lap.

"I-I'll go to sleep now. Good Night!" You said and ran up the stairs towards your room. Once you reached inside your room, you put a hand over your heart. There has to be a reason why Kris was acting up like this. And your heart too. You noticed that your heart had beating in a not so normal pace and your face felt hot.

You looked at the mirror in the restroom and saw your face all red. You quickly opened the faucet and spashed cold water so you would calm down. The scene earlier where Kris pecked your lips still lingered and you hated the fact that...you actually enjoyed it. Today was so weird, you might have thought that Kris had hit his head and turned from a devil to an angel. 

While you were thinking in the restroom, Kris on the other hand was still downstairs. Kris face palmed and rubbed his temples.

"Really Kris, was that the best you could say? 'I would have to punish you everytime with a kiss' ugh." Kris muttered to himself. The maids were waiting for their master to leave so that they could clean the table. "I must've been crazy. Min Hee must've thought I was crazy." Kris said to himself again.

As Kris stood up, he snapped his head towards the maid nearest to him. "Do you think I'm crazy?" he asked. "No, Sir. You are not crazy at all." the maid said while having her head bowed down low. Kris muttered some incoherent words and started to walk up the stairs.

In your room, you still had your lights open because you were working on some files. You always thought you must've been born into a wrong family. Coming from a rich background yet still working your off made people impossible to understand you.

Kris walked towards his room and saw that your lights were still open. He walked towards your door and lifted his hand up in a fist to knock. *Wait, what. What am I doing here? I should be sleeping.* Kris thought and walked back towards his room. It was 2 AM and you were almost done with the files you typed up. You stood up and cracked your neck and fingers before going back to finish.

Meanwhile, Kris was at his room tossing around in the bed, not able to sleep. He saw the light coming from your room and it was still on. He had no idea why you were staying up this late and it drove him crazy to think you're not asleep. He looked at the clock and groaned.

There was no way Kris could sleep until you slept. After remembering the words his fahter told him, Kris sat up and ruffled his hair. He got off the bed and walked towards your room, he was ready to knock until you opened the door. "Kris? Shouldn't you be sleeping?" you asked feeling confused. 

"Ermm-I-I was just walking by to get something to drink before going back to sleep." Kris lied and you slowly nodded your head. "How about you? Why are you still up?" he asked you. "I had some files to finish as you can see." You pointed behind you and Kris saw your laptop open on the bed with some papers spread around.

"So, are you going to move? I need to go to the kitchen to get a drink." you said tapping your right foot. "Do you like hot chocolate?" Kris asked you. "What?" you said.

"Don't make me repeat what I say babe." Kris winked and you blushed a little. "Y-yeah. I like hot chocolate." you said. "Okay, stay in there. I'll bring it to you." he said.

"But the maids already left home. How are you going to make it?" you asked bluntly. "Please, just because I'm the CEO of a company, it doesn't mean I'm stupid enough not to know how to make hot chocolate. Everyone knows how to make it. It's a universal thing babe." Kris said.

*Babe? How many times had he called me that? First it was pabo and now it's babe? WTF?!* you thought while Kris walked downstairs. You went back into your room and started where you left off. After 10 minutes of waiting for Kris, he still didn't arrive. You were already finished with your work and you were getting sleepy. 

*A little nap wouldn't hurt right? Just a little nap...* You thought as you stacked your papers together and placed them on the desk along with your laptop. You lay down on the bed and closed your eyes.

Kris walked back into your room with a mug of hot chocolate. After 3 tries, he finally made a decent hot chocolate that didn't taste like burnt milk. *Okay, maybe I can't make hot chocolate but there's a first time for everything.* Kris thought and walked into your room. He saw you asleep already with your body curled into a fetus position. 

Kris set the mug of hot chocolate on the table beside your bed and took the blanket from under you and placed it on top. Winter was coming fast and even with a thick blanket, you still shivered. Kris debated whether or not to leave or stay. *I'll stay for a while then I'll leave.* Kris thought and slid under the blanket.

He wrapped his arms around your small waist and pulled you towards him. You were in the middle of dreamland when you noticed a warm pillow hugging you. You snuggled closer and Kris inhaled your scent, it was the same scent as her. Kris didn't know what made him do so but he leaned in and kissed your forhead, your closed eye lids, your nose, your cheek bones, your chin, and finally your lips.

Knowing that you were a heavy sleeper, Kris pressed his lips against yours with a little more pressure. Both of your lips matched like a perfect puzzle piece that was lost and finally found. The kiss was slow and Kris took his time nibbling and kissing your lips. You'd probably wake up tomorrow acting as if nothing happened, but only Kris knew. Kris finally pulled away and saw that your small lips were a bit swollen from his nibbling. He smir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter