Chapter 8

THE DESTINY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Who will call me at this time?” whispered Dara. She stole a glance at the alarm clock at the nightstand.

 It’s 12.30 a.m and the caller’s ID was not appeared on Dara’s phone screen. It must be wrong number, so Dara has no point to pick the call but the ringing never stop.

 For a second she thought maybe Jiyong calling her by using other number. Who known’s maybe he is in a big mess.

 “Hello,” finally Dara picked the call.

 “Dara, it’s me Seungri!” by hearing the name she was getting mad.

 “What? And where you got my number?” Dara kept questioning, apparently she was curious.

 “None of those are important. I just want to inform you about Ji,” said Seungri, dreaded.

 Dara could tell that her heart has stopped to beat.

 “Dara, Ji’s house was entered by burglars and he was injured while fighting with the culprits. I am at his house though, waiting for the ambulance. Ji kept ranting your name, so I called you. Faster, come here,”

 “But…” before Dara could say more, the line was disconnected.

 Dara was running down the stairs and found Bom who happened to watch her favorite talk show.

 “Bommie, Ji was in accident,” Dara sounds panic.

 “Accident? Where?” Dara do not respond to the questions but she was walking with no direction.

 “His house was entered by burglars and he was injured. Seungri called me just now,”

 “….and who is Seungri?” asked Bom.

“Our classmate at the university. He was also working with Jiyong, too. He has reaching there and complaint that Ji is ranting my name,”

 Park Boom looked at her friend who is currently helpless.

 “Dara, I think it is better if we drive straight to the hospital. Seungri must have called the ambulance though,” said Park Bom.

 “Bom, the problem is… I have tried to call Seungri for umpteenth time but he never pick up the call. I am not letting myself sitting here Bom. You know right how much Jiyong worth to me?” Dara grasped Bom’s hand, begging for her sympathy.

 “Okay then. We go to his house,”

 Park Bom took her car key on the coffee table. As soon as they were outside, Bom was ogling her friend.

 “Are you sure you are leaving with a night gown?” asked Bom.

 Dara realized what she was wearing. She walked to her bedroom quickly and less than a minute she wore her sweater. Park Bom looked at her, weirdly.

 “I hate your fashion sense,” comment Bom.

 When they arrived at Jiyong’s apartment, Dara quickly got out from Park Bom’s car.

 “Dara, I am searching for the parking, okay?” shouted Bom from inside her sports car.

 Dara was running to the security’s hut to get the permission to enter Jiyong’s apartment. The intercom in Jiyong’s apartment was ringing.

 “Yes…”

 “Kwon Jiyong ssi, I am the security guard who is on duty and there is a person named Sandara Park asked for permission to get into your apartment,”

 Jiyong just arrived from his family’s mansion and he does not want to talk about anything else except to drink and sleep. Somehow, Dara’s presence in his apartment at this hour grew his curiousness.

“Let her in,” instructed Jiyong who is now wearing a boxer and topless.

 He stood at the balcony, trying his best to find the reasons why Dara is here. Meanwhile, Dara is in the lift, heading to the 23rd floor thinking who might the guard talked to. It is impossible if the guard was talking to Jiyong, so she assumed maybe Seungri. But her curiousness is getting bigger when she saw no reaction from the guard when she asked about Jiyong. If he is the guard, so he must know about the residents here and about Jiyong’s incident too. Will it even possible Seungri hasn’t reported the incident to the security guard.

 Dara started to feel that something is wrong. She was about to turn back but what if Jiyong was dying right now and his house entered by the burglars was true. Dara was still confused but the lift has opened its doors at the 23rd floor. Somehow, she feels reluctant to walk out from the lift.

 Since she was there, so better she checked his boss. It’s not like she was doing something illegally, right?

 Dara walked slowly and finally arrived at the main entrance of Jiyong’s apartment. It was getting weirder. If the house entered by burglars but why the door still locked?

 She doubted herself either

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter