Chapter 27

THE DESTINY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara was just wake up from her deep slumber after she couldn’t withstand with the throbbing pain came from her head. She even sweats a lot even both of air-conditioners in Jiyong’s room were . She assumed maybe that’s the effect of the medicines and rid off any negativity.

 Somehow she started to wonder regarding her current condition recently. The pain came from her head seems never subside but even pain more day by day until she had to take a few days off for medical leave. Her boss, TOP probably didn’t bother much to ask about her absences but still the guilt built in her.

 It was 10 am in the morning and Dara knew she was in deep trouble.

 “Heck! How can I sleep much? I still have urgent affidavit to be finished by 11 am before the client come to sign. Ah, what should I do?” Dara being panic all alone and try to figure out which thing to settle first.

Dara checked on his cell phone either TOP had called or text her and later found Jiyong’s note stick next to the night stand.

 ‘Baby, I’m going first. I have no heart to wake you up since you really look tired. If you’re sick, don’t go out then. I’ll call you later. Love you~’

Dara was smiling sheepishly at the note simply written by her husband and even save it in her diary before she took a deep breath and walked away to the bathroom, get ready to work.

 She reached TOP’s firm around 11.30 am. She put her belongings at her table and left to meet with TOP.

“TOP, I’m sorry… I woke up late this morning. I don’t feel good lately. So, where is the affidavit that I need to finish up? The clients didn’t come yet, right?”

TOP who was busy writing something in a file stopped abruptly and took a look at Dara.

“Have a seat, Dara. I have asked Jonghoon settled the affidavit before you came. I thought you were MC today.”

Dara chose to sit on the office chair in front of TOP.

“TOP, somehow, I felt ashamed myself to confront you. I know, lately I always took days off and I know my attitude getting worst nowadays. You just tell me, TOP, what’s the thing that you want me to do to improve my work performance. I’ll be good and I’ll be good. You are my friend, but in this firm, please, you are the boss. Please treat me like your worker, TOP.”

 TOP took a deep look into Dara’s eyes and later he smiled. The smiles that could kill millions of women in one time and Bom were sure lucky to have this man, Choi Seunghyun as her husband.

“Dara, I know your work. Before you sick, you have showed me the excellent performance as the worker under me, but lately, you keep on MC-ing, so your works were a bit delay but that is not my point. My point is, tell me, what kind of sickness you are suffering, Dara? If light headache and minor dizziness that’s impossible for you to take MC frequently. Are you hiding something from us?”

Dara don’t know how to react when TOP’s assumptions really hit her on her face. She tried her best to put on fake blissfulness expression to hide her nervousness.

“Of course not! I have this kind of migraine since in UK and now I even had a child and my age kept increasing, getting older and my immune system also somehow not strong enough to fight, that’s why I’m always having the headache.”

Again, TOP smiled at Dara’s foolish reasons.

“One more thing TOP, regarding…” Before she could utter any words, Bom appeared by the doorframe.

Dara turned her head towards her best friend and even smiles at the beautiful person in front of her but Bom ignore her, totally.

“Bom, are you doing fine?” asked Dara.

“As you can see now I’m doing fine with my husband. We’re happy and I’m happy like you and your beloved Jiyong!” cynically, Bom answered back.

“Bommie…” TOP tried to stop his wife from using harsh words during this cold conversation.

“It’s okay TOP. Bom was right, I’m happy now…” said Dara, almost whisper.

“Of course duh… Stay in a big mansion, and not to drop the Kwon’s surname. What a fortune charm! No, Dara, no. You may resign and stay at home being a master. All to Kwon Jiyong bills, right?”

Dara was clueless and his face changed abruptly.

“Bommie, I say enough!” said TOP while clenched his jaw, controlling himself for not being too angry with his wife.

Bom walked away to the direction where she could see the view from her husband’s office back-facing Dara. Her heart was bleeding due to Dara’s decision to return back to Jiyong, a person who once intended to destroy and demolished Dara’s life. Millions of reasons Dara gave but still Jiyong didn’t deserved for second chance as what Bom thought so.

Dara knew by Bom’s gestures she needed to leave as soon as possible. Dara got off from the sofa to walk out from TOP’s office but stopped and gazed back at the scene she was about to left.

“Bom, trust me. Everything I did was merely for Ji Hyunnie. I only have her, no more, no less.”

 TOP keep sighing at his wife’s tantrum.

“Stop it Dara. Just do what you really want to do. But remember once anything happen does not ever return to me back. I have no reason for your life and I’m tired wasting my tears for you,” said Bom, cold.

Dara almost committed suicide by hearing Bom’s venomous words. She was hurt, too hurt. Years she could withstand with others cursing even from her own husband but when the words came from Bom, her heart bleed so m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter