Chapter 34

THE DESTINY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara was busy helping Suzy and the other staff preparing the ingredients for the main course of tonight’s BBQ party. Her eyes never kept away from her watch that nicely wrapped around her wrist. She was worrying regarding Jiyong whereabouts who was still didn’t appear yet in the party.

Dara along the others staff’s company has reached Busan this morning meanwhile Jiyong has a meeting to attend to before started his journey to the Busan.

Jiyong has booked a plane ticket to Busan at 4.00 pm and to her calculation, Jiyong was supposedly to be arrived by now. Jiyong was somehow has to come alone as his parents alias Dara’s in law chose to stay at home, playing with Ji Hyun instead of lingering around the party. Party for youth, not for eldest, Lady Kwon said.

At first, Dara suggested to bring Ji Hyun along to Busan but her mother in law stopped her from doing so as the weather was keep changing unexpectedly and it wasn’t good for Ji Hyun. Dara didn’t argue more as the words were all true and she was glad even more because it seems like Ji Hyun was loved by everyone.

“Suzy, why didn’t you bring your husband, Soohyun sshi along?” asked Dara who sat closer to Suzy.

“He was on call. That is why I am mad right now. I have informed him earlier yet at the very last minutes he received on call for work,” said Suzy, gritted her teeth.

Suzy kept her eye on his son, Minho who is now 3 years old. She was eyeing him not to get closer to the swimming pool in this kind of dimness.

Dara was just smiling at Suzy’s outburst.

“Do relax okay? It wasn’t his intention not to go with you. He was busy with his work. Hey, Soohyun is a doctor and it was his job to put his career on priority, the oath of professionalism, you know…” told Dara, while grabbing Minho’s hand, insisting the little child to sit on her lap.

“Eyyy… you are even worse than me! Now tell me, why the hell you keep looking at your watch for… umpteenth time? Missing him that much?”

Dara grinned at Suzy’s teasing. Minho who sits on her lap was getting off from her and randomly walking somewhere else.

“Dara… from the beginning I saw Taeyang ssi was eyeing you. Well, I was just scared if he was too immersed in you until he burnt himself. We supposed to eat beef BBQ not Taeyang ssi’s hand as barbecued.”

Dara laughed at Suzy’s lame joke. It was spontaneously said, but somehow it was hilarious and it amused her.

Even though Dara was laughing along with Suzy but she told was all corrects. She also noticed how Taeyang was eyeing her since at the airport this morning.

Dara has starting to worry, more.

When they both were studied in United Kingdom years before, ever once Taeyang came to her and confessed his heart but Dara kindly rejected him, taking to focus on her study as the main reason.

Frankly said, Dara was never have a heart for Taeyang as her heart was more to Kwon Jiyong. Jiyong was actually the one she loved ever since the very beginning. It was one sided love as she never confessed to the said man. But now, she has that man close to her, and the said person was now taking the whole heart of her, being loved.

She missed her husband very much, abruptly.

“Hi, baby…” quickly a kissed landed on Dara’s left cheek. She was shocked.

“Ji… You shocked me! And do behave well! There is Suzy here!”

“Control yourself Kwon ssi. It seems like years you haven’t met her!” teased Suzy towards his boss.

Dara’s face was flaming in red, dying in embarrassment.

“You don’t be jealous, Suzy… Well, you know… I am not able to meet her for one minute and one second later I had turned myself being crazy! Right, baby?” said Jiyong while pinching lightly, his wife’s pointy nose.

Dara was still embarrassing with the current scene. Jiyong was too romantic, without noticing other’s questioning gaze.

“Baby… why you are not check-in the suite that I had reserved for us before?”

Jiyong was clueless as when he was asking for the key to the reserved suite, he was told that the suite wasn’t stay, still.

“I was scared to stay alone in the suite. Who knows maybe you failed to come, so I stay with Minzy and Inna.”

Jiyong was just smiles at Dara’s words.

“I am so surprised to know that my wife was also scared to stay alone…”

Dara was still in sulk, pouting her lips.

“Okay, I’m joking now, baby…  Dara, you think I could have a good sleep there in Seoul while you are here all alone? What a scared thing to leave my beloved wife behind!”

Dara was happy with Jiyong’s answers, the confession included.

“So, you love me that much?”

“More than you could ever imagine!”

Jiyong hugged his wife tightly and he took the moment to whisper something.

‘If we were left alone in a room, you knew what might happen now…’

Dara pinched her husband’s cheek playfully.

“Ji, here you are! I have been looking for you! How the hell you have the heart to leave me alone? I am bored without you…” whined Chaerin and shamelessly, grabbed Jiyong’s arm to hold.

Dara knitted her brows while looking straight at Jiyong, seeking for explanation. Jiyong ogled his wife who was sitting next to him and he knew his wife patience has reached the limit.

“I can explain,” said Jiyong, slowly, almost whispering.

“Dara, can you move away? It’s tiring to stand,” instructed Chaerin like a boss.

Dara was beyond madness. Seeing her husband who was sandwiched between her and Chaerin, her jealousy reached the peak.

“Ah, you want to sit, right? Never mind, just have a sit at mine as I was about to bring Minho to eat with Taeyang ssi, well, excuse me…”

Jiyong’s face turned gloomy. Suzy has left the married couple as she started to smell the drama scene which was about to start. All the staffs were too immersed on their dishes and Dara was one of them. She wasn’t really like to join Jiyong and his business talk with the upper managers. Chaerin’s appearance that always stick closer to Jiyong, bleed her heart more.

Dara couldn’t find any reasonable facts why Jiyong has to bring Chaerin along. Dara has starting to think negative as that is the reason why Jiyong let her to reach Busan alone this morning, while he will follow next in the evening. But based on Jiyong outer appearance, she doesn’t think Jiyong was treating Chaerin more than a cousin should do. Her thoughts were confused herself even more.

“Day dreaming?” asked Taeyang and he shamelessly settle down at the empty seat in front of Dara.

Dara just smile, replying.

“Have you eaten yet?”Taeyang questioned his first love, again.

Dara replied with a slight nod.

“Lee Yejin is your secretary, right?” asked Dara, trying to break the awkward silence in between them.

Taeyang’s turn to nod, answering.

“She’s beautiful. What are you waiting for? Go and try to court her! If you are way too late, you might lose her! And based on my observation, she is indeed a good person and who knows the perfect candidate for your wife?” said Dara, telling her own opinions.

“Still, the problem is about my own heart. My whole heart still tainting with someone’s name…”

Dara was speechless at the words came from Taeyang. She was started to guilt to bring out the topic about love and marriage.

Out of blue, her phone was ringing, breaking the tension lingering in the air.

“Excuse me,”

Taeyang nodded his head. Dara left the place and moved to the area which is quieter, far from the chaotic of BBQ dinner at the venue.

“Hello, Mummy… yes, it’s Dara here… Yes, yes, I could hear Mummy…”

“Thank God, Dara… Mummy has been calling Ji for umpteenth time but he never pick up any of my calls.” Lady Kwon was complaining, more to nag at Jiyong later.

“Might be he left his phone at the suite. Is Ji Hyunnie doing just fine, there?” Dara could hear a faint whimpering sound came from her daughter. Her heart was in melancholy.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter