Chapter 46

THE DESTINY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the middle of a night, a thirst hit Dara and when she took a look at the empty bottle of mineral water on her bedside table, she knew she has to take her waddle steps into the kitchen although her laziness. Dara threw her gaze on the digital clock and it brightly showed 5.00 am in the morning. After with so much effort, Dara pushed herself out from the comfy bed and walked out from her bedroom and only found with darkness.

Dara has to walk passed by the living room before she could reached the kitchen and the darkness in the house didn’t help to ease her way. She has to move to the sofa because as her memory could remember, the switch to turn on the lights is nearby there.

With a dim light from outside, Dara made her way to the said location and later she knocked on a coffee table that she couldn’t remember was there since forever and fall on the sofa. Luckily.

“Ouch!”

Dara almost shout due too frightening when she heard a deep husky voice of a man and a presence of another man in the house was what she scared the most. A table lamp was abruptly switched on by the other presence beside Dara.

“Dara… What’s wrong?” Jiyong asked his wife who somehow look paler than usual.

As soon as the voice registered again into her box of memory and later she found the familiarity. Dara was leaning to the sofa and trying her best to stable her breathing.

“What’re you doing here? I thought a thief had sneakily walked into this mansion and why are you even here? All the rooms in this mansion has been occupied and left you alone here?” Dara asked.

Sharing the glare and silence war, the surrounding was getting tense with the awkward situation.

“Dara… can you move? I can’t breathe properly.”

Dara face abruptly flushed red when she just found that she was actually having been sitting on Jiyong chest, not on the sofa. Dara moved her position and let Jiyong to loosen up his sore limbs and breathe properly.

“Sorry. Don’t mean to.”

Dara left Jiyong behind and walked back into her bedroom, her main intention to get a sip of water to soothe down her thirst. Jiyong was faster enough to grab the situation and chased after Dara and get his wife’s wrist grasped with his.

“Dara, aren’t you going to kitchen to get water? I’ll get that for you.” Jiyong was letting go Dara wrist and left to the kitchen which later appeared in the bedroom after Dara had tucked her down in the bed. He brought a bottle of mineral water and replaced the empty one.

“Dara, get up… Drink this…”

Dara ignored her husband and the opposite side with difficulty, giving her cold back to Jiyong and pretended she was in deep sleep. As stubborn as Jiyong could get, he stayed still waiting for Dara to respond and yet Dara didn’t move an inch. He sighed. He poured water from the bottle into an empty glass and covered with an empty saucer, assuring the hygienic for a pregnant Dara. He placed the covered glass of water on the bedside table. Giving up.

“I’ve put the glass with water on the table. Promise me you’ll drink that later. I’ll wake you up when it’s time for breakfast. Sweet dream. I love you.”

Jiyong stole a chance to rub on Dara protruding belly before left the bedroom. Dara abruptly opened her eyes when she heard the door has been closed, indicating Jiyong had left her alone in the room.

+++

“Dara… wake up…”

Dara felt like she was just closed her eyes and now she need to wake up again? Dara grunted with her eyes still closed. Displeased.

“What now? Let me sleep will you? I’ll drink that water later.”

Dara started to talk gibberish in her sleep which later earned a chuckle from Jiyong amusing at his wife’s sleep-talk habit. He still shook Dara body slowly, to wake up the latter.

“Wake up, Dara… It’s almost 8 in the morning. Breakfast time.”

Dara woke up at the mentioned of breakfast.

Did she just say something like she’ll drink the water later? Did she just sleep-talk in front of Jiyong? Dara mentally slapped herself at her second mistakes. Dara keep yawning and demand for more sleep.

“Go out first! I’ll wash myself first before breakfast.” Dara shooed away her husband and pushed herself out from the comfy bed. Jiyong again was there offering Dara his help but she yanked away her husband’s hand as it touched her. Dara knew Jiyong was hurt by her action but she could care less. What she did to Jiyong was never as much as what Jiyong did to her before.

“Sorry Mummy… I couldn’t wake up earlier to help you prepare the breakfast,” Dara said when she reached the dining table after washing up.

Lady Kwon simply smiles.

“It’s okay Dara. There is no need for you to prepare the breakfast I could do that myself along with the maids’ help. You just have to take care about your pregnancy and do not oppose the idea that I’m bringing Ji Hyunnie to sleep with me. You need rest, Dara.” Her mother-in-law assured her that everything is well handled.

Dara was touched by her mother-in-laws words because the woman was too concern of her well-being, consideration in taking care of her and Ji Hyun.

Jiyong appeared a second later and chose to sit next to his wife.

“Dara, you’re eating too little…” said Mr. Kwon upon seeing his only daughter-in-law was eating too little to her liking.

Dara was lost at the direct concern and all eyes on the dining table had their eyes on her.

“It’s nothing Daddy… I just feel a bit nauseous. That’s all…” Dara assured her father-in-law and Dara could tell Jiyong who happened to sit next to her still eyed her.

“Dara… do you want to eat anything else? I’ll buy it for you?” Lady Kwon had this proud smile on her face when her son somehow had changed a bit.

Dara left Jiyong question unanswered and brought her plate to sink. She opened the refrigerator and searched for something that could soothe down the nauseous feeling. She returned to the dining table while eating something.

The maids were busy cleaning the dining table and Jiyong was still there at the same spot li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter