Chapter 52

THE DESTINY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara knocked on Jiyong bedroom door yet she received no faint reply behind the closed door. Dara puffed in frustration. Maybe her husband wasn’t listening because of the heavy downpour outside.

She pushed the door to open and all she met in the room is only darkness. Sometimes the lightning illuminates the room with its penetrating light in a split of second. Dara could see that Jiyong had fall asleep. She switched on the lights in the bedroom all finally the darkness turned to bright light.

Dara was sitting at the corner of the bed and she pushed her husband’s body slightly, waking him up but Jiyong showed no response. She boldly touched Jiyong cheeks, tapping his nose and Jiyong was faster enough yanked it away and abruptly opened his eyes.

“Dara…? Babe? I thought that a cockroach sprawl around. What’s wrong?” Jiyong asked because Dara presence in her bedroom is absolutely a surprise considering their relationship is nothing but a mere agreement now.

Dara could see Jiyong was biting his lips when he tried to sit, appearing tough to withstand the pain. Dara came closer and helped her husband by placing a pillow behind Jiyong back, letting him leaning on it for support.

“Breakfast first… I prepared this soup for you,” said Dara. Studying Jiyong expression that frown holding back his pain triggered more pity and empathy in Dara.

“Mummy asked me why you didn’t join us for breakfast. I told her the truth and maybe she’ll walk in later. She’s worry of her beloved son.”

Jiyong wasn’t really amused with what’ve Dara said.

“Are you worried, too?” Jiyong tested on Dara.

“I am. Because of I’m worrying over you now, so, let me be like an angel nurse and treating all your wounds. Before that, drink the soup first.” Dara said while scooping the soup into a spoon and shoved it at Jiyong closed lips.

“Please…” Dara whined cutely.

Falling for his wife’s aegyo, Jiyong opened his mouth and Dara was constantly feeding his husband. This is the last feeding that his wife will do and that reminding him that Dara will leave him after dinner tonight. His sight turned glassy, b with unshed tears.

“Are you feeling hurting somewhere?” Dara asked due to Jiyong expression that showed he was hurt.

Jiyong nodded his head, hiding the truth behind. He lets Dara treat all his wounds, nursing him like how he nurtured him before when he was admitted into the hospital during met with an accident. Dara was the one who eagerly pushed him who was helplessly sitting in his wheelchair taking in a fresh air, Dara was the one who helped him to get back on his feet, helping him to walk around and he will tell any story with his wife and Dara will always listen.

…and now when Dara decided to leave, he felt like a part of him went missing.

“I’m done...”

Jiyong jerked out from his daydreaming and studied his wife’s feature who was busying herself placing back the ointment, antiseptic, and anything that she used to treat Jiyong wounds.

“I’m going first. Have a nice and proper rest, first…”

Dara smiles and stepped out from the bedroom. Rest? How can Dara told him to rest when he couldn’t even closed his eyes. Jiyong pushed himself out from the bed and stood in the balcony admiring the cloudy morning with raining heavily view outside. He couldn’t know how long he had been spending his time, standing on the same spot, drifting back into his years of life.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dara has dressed herself and was ready to leave the mansion, to leave all her nightmares ever since she stepped into the mansion. When she walked out from this mansion, meaning she’ll leave behind those person that have showed her how much they loved her and her daughter. From her father-in-law, Kwon Sung Ho, to her mother-in-law, Lady Kwon and lastly from her husband. Kwon Jiyong.

She wanted to take back all her promised with Lady Kwon by never leave this cave of memories because a broken promise was awful as a human being. Was her heart really that heartless? Was she even regretted at all?

Dara bedroom’s door was knocked a few times from outside and when the door creaked open Lady Kwon appeared with a very gloomy expression.

“Dara… Cheondung and Durami are waiting for you,” Lady Kwon informed her daughter-in-law regarding the arrival of her biological siblings and had a seat next to Dara.

“Dara, I’ll never beg you to give another chance to Jiyong because I’m scared what if he hurt you again? Even Jiyong has changed now and walking around like a soulless zombie, still… he doesn’t deserve you.” Lady Kwon held tight Dara hand never wants the warmth to go. Her cheeks were drenching wet with the tears and Dara too, finally cry in her mother-in-law’s embrace.

“Mummy… please did not hate me on my decision. I like you, Mummy, I like Daddy, too. I love both of you. I love Jiyong too… Because I love him too much that I returned back to this place…but I’m scared… I’m scared to spend the rest of my life with him…” Dara sobbed.

“I didn’t want to choose the same route I took before, Mummy… I wasn’t ready to accept the challenge. I’m scared… really scared. My heart told me Jiyong really did change. My heart told me that he really loved me but this heart of mine… wasn’t really strong enough to dare another chance to happen.” Dara confessed her inner feeling and Lady Kwon nodded her head, knowing Dara current situation.

“I know, Dara… I know… I will never hate you nor will I put all the blame on you… All I will do is to pray for your happiness. Take care of Ji Hyun while you’re away, hmm? Mummy should face this reality that Ji Hyunnie needs you more than all of us here. You have more rights to be with her, Dara…”

Lady Kwon placed a warm kiss as a mother on Dara forehead and with no hesitation, Dara hugged her mother-in-law again; for the last time.

“I’m sorry Mummy… I’m really sorry… Please, Mummy… Take care of Ji, okay? Please tell him to eat. He hasn’t eaten anything since dinner,” Dara reminded her mother-in-law regarding her husband whereabouts and bowed to her one last time. A second later she pulled her luggage with her, walking out from the bedroom that she has been occupied for weeks.

Dara threw her longing gaze upstairs. She climbed up the stairs, hand-in-hand with her toddler daughter.

“Let’s meet Appa first before we leave, okay Ji Hyunnie?”

Dara pushed the door opened and poked her head inside, ogling her husband’s figure inside of the bedroom and when she saw Jiyong was lying lazily on the sofa, she walked into the room along with Kwon Ji Hyun. As soon as Ji Hyun found her Appa, she started to wail, attracting her father’s attention.

“I’m sorry with all the mistakes that I ever did, for being harsh on you, for neglecting you, for rejecting you, for ignoring you, for…” Dara lost her words as her mind was all messed and her heart felt like broken into pieces. This is the separation that she wanted and with a heavy heart, Jiyong was beyond respect on Dara decision because anything a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter