Chapter 36

THE DESTINY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The harsh sun rays pierced into the warm bedroom through the curtains finally awake Dara from her deep sleep. Her head was still pounding in pain and because of that she couldn’t sleep all night long but until the sun is almost rise.

Dara has spent all her night thinking about Jiyong abrupt changes. She simply couldn’t find any answers to fill up the empty blank of the questioning at a circumstance. Dara reached for her phone and the digit shows 10.13 am.

Her headache was really stopping her intention to go to the office but at the second thought, her mind was diverted to all those unsettled things. With bit willpower left, Dara slipped out from her bed for morning wash.

Dara was all ready to left for her work when she saw a luxurious BMW entered the mansion’s garage and found that Jonghoon, Mr. Kwon’s personal driver maneuvered the car after sending the employer to the main office.

“Dara, you’re not going to work with Jiyong?” Lady Kwon asked Dara from behind with Ji Hyun her arm.

Dara turned behind and found her mother-in-law with her daughter in her arm, biting her granny fingers. Dara saw her daughter’s cuteness giggled at the sight.

Ji Hyun, umma could see you are being all mischief and naughty nowadays, huh?” Dara was playfully scolding her daughter. She kissed Ji Hyun a few more times and later took Ji Hyun from her mother-in-law into her warm embrace instead.

Dara was in her world, baby-talked with her daughter until she walked out from the mansion. Lady Kwon was tailing after her.

“Dara, why you’re not going to work with Ji?” Lady Kwon was asking the same question, again.

“Ah, Ji has a morning meeting today. So, he left earlier while I’m still asleep,” reasoned Dara. She has told her mother-in-law a white lie now.

“Why Jiyong slept at his working room last night?” Lady Kwon was ambushing Dara with her second question as she started to doubt a cold war between Dara and Jiyong at this rate.

Guiltier ate Dara alive. She doesn’t want anyone know the coldness between her and Jiyong since yesterday, especially her in-laws.

“Maybe he didn’t want to disturb my sleep as he got home a bit late last night?” A lie again after another lie she just created.

“Ok, Mummy… I’m going first… Bye…” said Dara and returned back Ji Hyun to Lady Kwon’s arms again.

“Jonghoon! Can you please send Dara to her workplace first before you drive me to the supermarket?” Kwon Young Hee instructed her husband’s personal driver for another task this morning.

Dara once wanted to argue about it but later silently erased her intention as she doesn’t want her mother-in-law babbled more in such a beautiful morning.

 

+++

“Dara ssi, Mr. Kwon wanted to see you. He informed me before to tell you, Dara ssi but you wasn’t here yet,” told Suzy.

Dara knocked on Jiyong door. A second later she heard a faint voice instruct her to come in.

“You want to see me?” asked Dara, slowly.

Dara expression changed totally at the moment she saw Seungri presence in the room, too.

“Well, Dara. I’ve already read the report regarding Seungri suspension. Here, your report. I’ve yet to go through it. In fact, I’m just not interested to read it whatsoever. Now, just explain to me, what is this all about?” Jiyong put down his command on Dara rather seriously.

Dara took the report from Jiyong and read on every page.

“Sure but I think we should wait for our…” Before Dara could finish his sentence, the intercom on Jiyong desk was blinking, signaling an incoming call.

“Yes Suzy, I told you no phone calls.”

“Sorry, Kwon Jiyong ssi, just to inform you that Leader Kwon along with Taeyang SSI is in the meeting room. Leader Kwon wants all of you to be there now.”

Seungri expression whose was calm at first now changed to anxious and worry within seconds. He thought he could get this chance to frame Dara enough to bring her down but he forgot that karma is rather a . It will happen anytime at the very wrong moment.

Dara stare straight into Seungri eyes. She knew Jiyong change within a day has something to do with this person, Seungri. She stepped outside from Jiyong office to avoid any emotional and heart breaking. She has to be strong for this.

“Damn!” Jiyong punched hard on his desk brought Seungri heart to skip a beat.

Jiyong entered the meeting room and saw Dara was sitting next to Taeyang while Leader Kwon was leading the meeting. Jiyong was even boiling in anger when he saw Taeyang was whispering something to Dara – that’s jealousy which he never will admit it.

“Good morning. We’re here again for an urgent meeting but this is an exceptionally as we disclosed this meeting as I believed that everyone already knew what we’re to discuss on. Jiyong, I believe you have read the report. Seungri was suspended and today we’re here to put on decision either Seungri has his rights to stay in this company or being expelled. If our party found Seungri was on fault, we’re not hesitated to arrest him under laws investigation.”

Seungri who was sitting next to Jiyong was wiping his cold sweats; rather nervous to face all this.

“Since this insider conspiracy was investigated by Dara, as the Sales Marketing Manager in this company, I’m inviting Dara to point out the result. Dara, why don’t you sit here?”

Dara got off from her seat and sit on Leader’s Kwon – the Chairman’s seat while Leader Kwon chose to sit next to Taeyang. Dara took out a few papers and handouts to give each one of the attendee of the urgent meeting. Jiyong took his time to steal a glance at Dara whom looked so confident and calm facing this kind of complicated circumstances.

“Good morning. First of all, I would like to stress that the report is supported by solid and valid evidence before it was submitted to the Board of Directors. This is not an accusation nor allegation against a particular person based on a hearsay evidence. It is also not a personal view. Leader Kwon Sung Hoon ssi, Kwon Jiyong SSI, Lee Seungri SSI…please refer to page one.”

All of them followed Dara instruction and turned to page one.

“Page one shows that an agreement entered between Kwon Corporation and Lee Inc. A piece of contract agreement that has signed and agreed between both parties. Let’s look on the date of the agreement.”

Dara was in her silence a minute, letting the others to register the date into her brain.

“22nd of February…” Taeyang abruptly answered.

“Correct… May I ask you Kwon Jiyong ssi where were you on 22nd of February?”

Jiyong knitted his brows. Before he could answered Dara question Leader Kwon was ahead answering the question on Jiyong behalf.

“He was hospitalized.”

“Yes, that’s right Leader Kwon. I’ll never forget the date even, because that’s the date that I lost my precious son, Ji Hun,” told Dara, fighting with the urge to cry as she reminiscing about her son.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter