Chapter 39

THE DESTINY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Counting the days left for her last breath taken away, Dara was calming her soul facing the nearer death with calm. Like today, she spent her evening at the garden while reading a book titled, ‘Death’. She was all ready for the death to invite her in at least now as everything she had experienced during her short life. She got to spend her married life with her crush though the happiness couldn’t last long but still it was o regret in marrying Jiyong.

For returning back to Jiyong life when her husband was encountered with such an unfortunate accident wasn’t something she regretted. Jiyong was treating her like an inhuman at the early stage of the marriage between them even such Dara loves him that much. Dara still love Jiyong until today though may be Jiyong hasn’t any feelings for her.

Telling her heart, everything’s okay in the end.

Ending. Dara didn’t know how this story of her life will end. They said, it’s always a happy ending in fairytale but her life isn’t a tale. So, it will never be a happy ending. Maybe her leaving brought happiness to the others, Dara assumed positively.

Leaving. To be frankly honest, she wasn’t ready to leave. She wanted to spend more time with her only daughter, Kwon Ji Hyun. Her cutie baby, Ji Hyunnie. Ji Hyun might be her sole reason to stay more and second reason is Jiyong. She was praying that Jiyong will love Ji Hyun, and spoiled her rotten. Well, at least their daughter was always reminded both of them to this failure marriage.

Dara stole a glance at her watch which wrapped nicely around her wrist. It’s almost 10.30pm. Mr. and Mrs. Kwon, both of them were attending an anniversary party quite far from Seoul. Both of the proud grandparents brought along their grandchild, Ji Hyun with them. Dara bet Jiyong must be attending the same party with Chaerin. Thus, she was told to stay at home and took so many rests as she can as her health was dropped to worst.

Letting go… Dara had letting Jiyong go at the same time Jiyong confessed about loving and marrying Chaerin. It’s no use for waiting to someone who never loved her back. Recalling back the bitter memories at the office, at the living room, unknowingly she shed her tears.

Dara urgently wiped away her tears when she saw Jiyong car entered the garage and later revealed Jiyong in his branded black tuxedo. What surprised Dara was Chaerin appearance with a long white dress, looking compatible like a couple with Jiyong.

Dara wondered either it was their wedding anniversary or someone’s? If they do bang the church before they went home, then, that’s a cue for Dara to leave the mansion, very soon. Jiyong was marrying Chaerin meaning a divorce between her and Jiyong.

She does really have no point to stay in the mansion any longer.

“Hmm… Yonggie honey… comes here… See…” Chaerin pointed towards Dara direction. “Someone’s being so sentimental tonight…” mocked Chaerin, shamelessly.

“What’s wrong with your puffy eyes?” Jiyong asked when he approached Chaerin and s his arm around Chaerin petite waist.

Dara showed no interested in answering Jiyong question. She continued with her reading like there’s no presence of the couple near her. Chaerin felt her patience is thinning. She couldn’t believe Dara was acting like she’s the owner of the place when she was actually will be kicked out when she married Jiyong.

Chaerin need to teach Dara a lesson which she supposed to learn for messing with her patience. She trusted Jiyong to back her up.

Dara still stoning herself, immersed in her reading. Jiyong took the moment to eye Dara appearance that night. Nothing changed. But Jiyong could notice that Dara was paler than usual and her body was getting thinner.

Was he too heartless for choosing his ego over trusting his wife, Jiyong asked himself. Was he too blinded with something until he couldn’t appreciate something worthy and unworthy?

Jiyong left Chaerin side and chose to sit next to Dara. He didn’t fail to see the traces of dried tears on Dara face. The guiltier he became.

“Dara! So I heard that you’ll leave this house this Saturday, right?” Chaerin asking to break the cold silence while have a seat next to Jiyong.

Dara was still showing no amuse in replying Chaerin question.

“Dara, whatever happened between us, we still can be a friend, right?” Jiyong asked this time, slowly whispering but Dara could hear all.

She tilted up her face and matched her gaze over Jiyong, expecting Jiyong to say more.

“Dara, can you help me to choose our wedding reception theme color? Chaerin wanted all in pink. In your opinion, which one is better? Pink or white?” Dara stared too long in Jiyong eyes. Finally, Dara closed her book which later surprised Jiyong when he saw the title of the book. ‘Death’.

“WOW! What an angst reading a book regarding death. Prepare much?” Chaerin spat her words in mockery.

“So? Aren’t you not going to die later? What are you? A vampire?”

Chaerin was getting more pissed off. She wanted to curse more but Dara ringing phone stopped her from doing so. Dara answered the call with no hesitate.

“Hello, I’m good. You?”

“Perfectly fine. Oh, Dara, I want to tell you that I’m carrying a baby boy,”

“Really? I bet TOP must be happy. But Bom, either it’s a boy or a girl nothing’s matter,”

“You? Any new-mummy-symptoms?”

“Nope. It’s not my time yet,”

“I thought you’re pregnant when you met me. You looked pale. Are sure you’re taking care of your health?”

“I do, Bom. I’ve been eating very well every day. How can I stop death, Bom? It’ll come at such an unexpected time. No one knew just when… Oh, Bommie… can you help me with something?”

Jiyong was losing all his words when he heard the conversation between Dara and Bom. Something’s not right.

“Bom… if I’m dead, can you buried me next to Ji Hun? You know that I have no one to seek for ravishing my loneliness. Well, at least I do have Ji Hun there. Bommie… I’m really sorry if I ever did wrongs to you. Say my sorry to TOP too, okay?”

“Dara, what’re you talking about? It’s saddening me here. You said like you’ll die soon,” said Bom with sobs between her words. She’s pregnant and her mood swings wasn’t a joke.

“Aww… Bom, stop crying there…” Dara cooed her friend on the other line. “It supposed to be a joke! Take care there, okay? Bye…” Dara ended the line.

Dara wiped away her tears that she shed silently while having a short phone conversation with Bom. She got off from his seat. “I’m going in first.”

Jiyong was faster enough to grab Dara arm which surprised Chaerin even more.

“Are you okay?”

Dara nodded her head, tired for answering the same question.

“Then, what’s wrong with dying, dead and die in your words, tonight? You even said that to Bom.”

Jiyong sudden changed of behavior, showing concern and care softened Dara heart. This is Jiyong specialty – to play with her broken heart.

“So, I’m telling you this one last time, Kwon Jiyong. You hear me well. Yes. Yes I do have a fatal sickness. You don’t believe me, go on. If I’m dying, it’ll never stop the marriage between you two. Trust me. By the way, you asked me to choose the perception theme, right? I’ll choose white instead. It looks purely clean and when I’ll leave, I’m leaving in white.” said Dara while harshly pulled her arm away from Jiyong tight grip.

Jiyong was losing his pride and ego at each word Dara speaks.

“You know why Jiyong asked you to choose the wedding reception? Because we planned on changing our vows tomorrow and the wedding reception on the evening. We had discussed about this and everyone a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter