Chapter 23

THE DESTINY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been more than 3 months Jiyong left the hospital and stayed with his parent instead. Since he was discharged from the hospital, he was getting weird with his new habits. He more preferred to lock himself inside his bedroom.

 He never cared about himself, no more. His long hair has been abandoned without any haircuts. He never shaved his moustache and beards either. He looked ugly and it seems a grandfather looked more handsome that Kwon Jiyong is. Jiyong never care about his appearance. He spent most of his time in the bed, crying, regretting and mourning over his dead son. He has been forbidding everyone not to come into his room. He liked the darkness more since his life was more similar to the darkness of the room. No light, no bright.

Ever once Lady Kwon too insist to come into Jiyong’s room but later, his son has chased her away while shouting like an insane. Well, who to blame, his son already insane after his wife and his children left him.

Lady Kwon and so do his husband was really depressed by seeing Jiyong’s behaviour. They couldn’t stand any longer. It seems like they did owned Jiyong’s body but not the soul along. Jiyong’s soul was dragging away with Ji Hun. Thus, Jiyong looked awful.

 One morning Mr. Kwon entered Jiyong’s smelly bedroom. If Jiyong wasn’t his son, of course he will not enter the bedroom. Mr. Kwon assumed that Jiyong’s current behaviour has something to do with his paralyze and he couldn’t walk but even the doctor has said that Jiyong’s paralyze is temporary and he could walk again as the time passed by. 

“Ji, I hope you will build a little patience in you. Did doctor have told you before that your disability to walk is temporary? You must be strong as you are, Ji. I know you will be just fine.” 

 It takes more than ever for Jiyong to talk or to give out any responds. He just was laying on his bed, blinking his eyes occasionally.

“Ji, please at least speak a word or two to me!” command Mr. Kwon.

“I never care about my disability to walk instead I care a lot about Dara, about my children include Ji Hun. I’m regretting everything but I can’t do a single thing to Dara to prove that I still want her as my wife, Ji Hyun as my daughter and still Ji Hun as my son. I want them stay close to me. That’s only thing I care about. Please, dad…. Show me some ways to make Dara come to me.”

“But Ji, this is wrong! How can you torture yourself, this way? If you think by this way Dara will return back to you, you are wrong! If you think by locked up yourself in this room will get your wife and daughter back, again, you are wrong!"

"But, Dara doesn't want to meet me again. She even hates to look at me. She hates me, dad..." sobbed Jiyong in his father warm embrace.

"Give him some time, okay? But, during the time you wait for him, you need to recover from this temporary paralyze first." said Mr. Kwon to give at least mental support to his son.

"Dad..., I only need Dara's smiles and Ji Hyun's cute giggles to help me recover from this. I never get the opportunity to look at Ji Hyun since she was born to this world. Am I that unworthy even to touch and see my own daughter? Is there no space for Dara to accept my apologies?"

Mr. Kwon couldn't utter any words yet. He just patted softly at his son's shoulder assuring him that everything will be alright as time passed-by.

Recently, Lady Kwon's health is also affected by Jiyong's condition. She couldn't see how her only son tortured himself and even blame himself for everything. Which mother's heart is not touched when she sees her son has lost his sanity.

 Each time the raining is pouring down heavily outside, Jiyong will go insane, again and again. With the help of the wheelchair, Jiyong dragged himself out from the mansion and drenched himself with the raining while calling and ranting for his wife's name. Lastly, he will cry at the end of shouting and didn't bother to stay away from lightning.Ever once Jiyong had lost his control, he even banged his head to the nearest wall. Luckily the maids saw him. If not, Jiyong probably has died by now.

 Lady Kwon even knelt in front of her son, begged the sanity left inside of Jiyong to stop this stupid thing and never repeat this kind of act again but Jiyong refused to listen. He said, this is the karma that supposed to slap him hard after he had did despicable things towards his wife until it almost kill his wife and the babies.

This time, Lady Kwon has ready to accept the fate to whatever had happened to her son. If that's the payback her son deserved, then, she has nothing to stop the nature's play card. But, as a mother, she couldn't take any longer to see her son lived in miserable, so, she has decided to meet up with Dara either her in-law agreed or not.

 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 Dara was still mourning over the die of her son but she knew she needs to continue her life for her daughter sake. Ji Hyun has fall asleep while Dara was still busy to look at her family's photo album. It has been more than a year her family has ditched her and she just could only contact her younger brother, Sang Hyun. Sang Hyun has accepted to study in Seoul National University.

 Dara's heart started to bleed again each time she reminiscing the time her family has ditching her after the shameful inc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter