Joined Forces

Babysitting EXO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How's the new poster? :D I spent TWO HOURS on that, okay? XD

After getting away from their street, Sehun’s running turned into slow pacing. He looked back just in case his hyungs followed him, and when he was just about to face forward as he continued taking steps, he collided with another girl.

“Oof,” the girl let out as she fell down on the ground, her bottom landing first.

“Omo, Krystal-ah!” Sehun exclaimed, immediately helping her up, “Sorry. I didn’t see you there,” he said as he pulled her up.

After being able to stand again, Krystal massaged one of her temples, and tried to regain her balance as she got dizzy from the fall, “It’s okay.”

Sehun’s eyes landed on the plastic bag Krystal was holding and curiousity got to him, “What’s in that?” he asked as he pointed at it.

“Oh this?” Krystal lifted the bag up and put her hand inside, grabbing all of what was in it, “Here,” she put a beanie on his head, a muffle mask with Sehun’s name written on it to cover his mouth and sunglasses to cover his eyes.

“What are these for?”

“You went out yesterday looking like yourself,” she replied, “Which made the fans recognize you easily; so I thought you might as well wear these,” she then gave him a wide smile, “So we don’t have to do any running and you’ll be safe.”

“But… the mask… it has my name on it.”

“So does other fans’,” Krystal replied, “At least when fangirls see you, they’d just think you’re another fanboy.”

“Genius,” he complimented.

“Of course.”

Like they talked about the previous afternoon, Sehun brought her to a café. Sure enough, it was the same coffee shop they visited the previous day – only this time, their purpose there was for coffee.

“As promised,” Sehun said as he sat down and placed their orders on the table Krystal was waiting at, “A coffee date.”

Krystal took her order and smiled at him again, “Very well, Mr Oh… guess you’ve cleared your debt… to me, at least.”

“Then… let’s make this date worthwhile,” he stated, leaning in, intertwining both his hands together, resting his elbows onto the table and placing his chin on his intertwined fingers and surprising Krystal, “I don’t have any more reasons to meet up with you and the thought of that kind of scares me,” his lips curved into a very seductive smile.

Krystal’s mouth dropped a little, and then she let out a scoff, “Well…”

“Speechless?” Sehun asked, trying to .

“You can say that,” she replied back.

Sehun returned to his normal self and the two of them talked about random things – whether it be where they were born (although they both already knew that), likes and dislikes (bubble tea, coffee and cucumbers obviously didn’t need to be mentioned) and about their families. Which then led to Sehun ‘dropping the bomb’.

“Can I ask something?”

“Sure.”

“What… really happened between you and the noonas?” he asked, the sparkle in his eyes when they were laughing had slowly faded, “I mean… it’s like a massive rivalry.”

Krystal looked at him and she suddenly stiffened, “Unnie didn’t tell you why?” she asked, “You know? Like they taught us everything and then we suddenly thought we’re better than them?”

“That, she told us. But I’m sure there’s more to it than that,” he replied.

“Genius,” Krystal returned his compliment to him with a small smile. She let out a heavy sigh before continuing, “To the unnies, it’s just that. To me, it’s so much more.”

Krystal told the story – the truth – including her side of the story. She didn’t deny the fact that she disrespected Girls’ Generation, but she just told him why she did that.

“You might know that this rivalry has been going on for years,” she started, “We were just training to be spies like the unnies, and yeah, they taught us. They helped us become better. We all got along so well… during training. After training, the unnies would just leave us.”

Sehun watched her with sympathetic eyes as he noticed she was fidgeting with her fingers already; and he knew the topic made her uncomfortable. But he had to know what really happened, so that he could give her the comfort that she needed.

“The rivalry started when ‘my group’ realized how distant unnie is to me. We are very distant to each other. It’s like unnie is a stranger to me. After practice, I’d ask Jessica unnie if she wants to hang out but she’d always say she’s going somewhere with the other unnies. Unnie treated the other unnies more like her sisters than she treated me as one.”

By that, Sehun immediately got goosebumps and his lips parted as he got shocked by what Krystal had said.

“F(x) noticed it and told me, ‘Who needs them anyway?’ or ‘Krystal, you don’t need her, you’ve got us’. That’s when it started. They started to hate on the Girls’ Generation unnies and they treated me like they’re my sisters. They played the role that my sister should’ve played. This whole rivalry thing, I didn’t want to be a part of it because it’s just nonsense, but my ‘sisters’ wanted to get me some ‘justice’, so in return for their love, I joined them. I acted as if unnie’s not my sister, that we don’t have the same blood and that I don’t care.”

“But you do care,” Sehun interrupted, “That’s why you told Luhan hyung to take care of her because you can’t.”

Krystal let out a soft laugh, “Yeah. I guess somewhere in my heart, she’s still my one and only sister,” she was almost starting to cry, and she didn’t want Sehun to see her in tears so she decided to change the topic, “You remember that?”

“It was in a coffee shop near the beach house, and it was my first time meeting you… it’s all worth remembering,” he gave her a wink which made her smile, “Why did you say that to hyung, though? You know, tell him to take care of noona?”

They were back to the topic, yes, but at least she didn’t have to talk about the fact that the rivalry began because of her and Jessica anymore, “Unnie… she… was never the type to be cheerful and all, and everyone knows that. After losing our parents and everything else we went through, she was the one who couldn’t let go. She held onto those up until now. I knew because that day at the coffee shop… she still looked just as blue when I last saw her.”

“Very observant,” Sehun praised.

“One thing you learn when you kept losing your family members,” she joked, although to Sehun, her words struck him. He thought Krystal might have or might have not been joking.

By the time they finished talking, the two have obviously finished their coffees. However, they kept complaining that they didn’t want to leave yet because that meant their date was over.

“Honestly,” Sehun interrupted, “I like you,” Just those words and already, Krystal’s head shot up and her eyes met his, “I’ve never been able to act this way towards any girl I just met yesterday.”

“Well…” Krystal started, not knowing how to respond, “I like you too,” her response quickly made Sehun’s heart start racing, “I wouldn’t have been able to tell you about me and unnie if I didn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter