Don't want you to be late for work, right?

Babysitting EXO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This isn't really very serious and instead of studying for my second Maths test tomorrow, I'm writing this. LOL YOLO. Woah, this is longer than the previous chapter. I'm on a rolllllll~ /roll like a buffalo/. Also, I joined up most of the short chapters since... well... they're too short. That's why some chapters have a '+' sign on them. Anyways, enjoy this chapter. Don't hate me at the end. Btw, this was supposed to be dramatic but for some reason, I ended up trying to laugh at the end. OTL. This is also not proof-read so please forgive me for any mistakes.

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s alarm clock went and she quickly sat up, quickly exiting the room she shared with her beach house roommates in her pyjamas. She went to the kitchen and to her surprise Jessica came to the kitchen, yawning, at 5:30 AM – which would be a first for Jessica.

“Jessica, why are you up so early in the morning?” Taeyeon asks, turning on the kettle and facing her. “Same reason as you, Taeng,” Jessica replies quickly, leaning on the counter and waiting for the kettle to boil, “Preparing breakfast for the boys.”

Taeyeon’s gaze quickly met Jessica’s, “Y… you knew?” Jessica only smirked and laughed, “Everyone knows what you want to do, Taeng. Except maybe for the boys,” She smiled, “They don’t know about your plan, do they?”

Taeyeon only shook her head slowly, and then the kettle finished boiling. “I’ll make our coffee,” Jessica stated, “You go prepare the things we need.” She said, grabbing cups from the cupboard. The previous night, they had trouble looking for any dishware so they made sure they remembered where everything was that time.

“Jessica, are you sure you’re okay waking up early this morning?” Taeyeon asked, “You sure you won’t faint?” She teased, “Haha, very funny,” Jessica stifled a fake laugh.

Jessica had only finished making their coffees and Taeyeon had only finished looking for the ingredients they needed when they both saw the remaining seven of their group all going into the spacious kitchen. “Let me guess,” Taeyeon started, “You’re here to help too?”

They all only nodded and helped each other with cooking breakfast for the boys, “They are going to be so surprised,” Yoona stated, smiling and continuing to fry the rice. Sooyoung smirked, “Heh. Yeah,” She replied, a hint of evilness in her voice, “I’d like to see their expressions when they find out they’re eating bacon for breakfast.” She laughed a bit – she was also having fun considering she was the one frying the bacon.

“Wouldn’t they think that’s cannibalism, unnie?” Seohyun asked, holding the cooking book in both her hands, “Even I think I’d be eating Baekhyun Oppa when I’m really not,” She stated, having the rest of the girls to burst out laughing.

Soon, it was already 7:30 AM and the boys still weren’t awake. They prepared the table and arranged the food so that when the boys wake up, they’d be surprised at the hard work they had put in to making the breakfast and they’d be happy.

It was already 8 AM and the boys still haven’t gotten out, “They’re still not awake?” Tiffany asked, looking at the clock on the wall, “It’s a bit late.”

“They did come home late last night, so that’s probably why,” Taeyeon stated, leaning on the counter table because of her tiredness.

They then heard heavy footsteps from not one or two, but three, boys and they all straightened up, ready to see their surprised expressions. They all had smiles on and they were so excited. Their smiles faded when they saw all the twelve boys there in the living room – connecting to the dining room where the breakfast was set – and they were all in casual clothings.

“Oh- Noonas…” Sehun commented, looking shocked, “You’re awake?”

“Uhhh… yeah,” The girls replied, but their tones were low and they tried to bow down to hide the disappointment in their eyes, “Where are you going early in the morning?”

“Oh, we have our schedules,” Kris replied, “We’d be late again and this time, don’t wait up for us, arasso?” He looked at Taeyeon and made sure he got a response before going to the door, and the rest just followed.

But they stopped on their tracks when they saw the dining table, filled with breakfast. They stared at it in awe, and then to the girls; and they noticed that the girls were a bit upset – no, not a bit… a lot.

“Y… you made these, noonas?” Tao asked, also becoming disappointed, “Yeah,” Sunny replied, though her voice sounded as if it was breaking – and it hit Suho hard. “But it’s okay if you can’t eat them, you should get to your schedules,” Jessica stated, immediately going to the dining table and picking up the plates of food, “Don’t want you to be late for work, right?” There was a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

She headed towards the kitchen and the boys looked down in guilt, “Mianhe,” Chen apologised, too ashamed to even look at the girls straight in the eye. Taeyeon faked a laugh, “What for? You didn’t know,” She smiled at him to assure him it was alright – but in reality, it wasn’t. “You should go, you’re going to be late,” She finished, pushing them lightly to get them going on their way.

“How about we make up for dinner, noonas?” Kyungsoo asked, obviously with his everyday emotionless face – although he was smiling a bit, “We’ll eat for sure,” He added. The rest just nodded and agreed with him. The girls smiled in content, “You better.”

“Now go,” Taeyeon said, pushing them gently. “Woah, do you want to get rid of us that badly?” Suho asked, chuckling at his own joke. “You’re going to be late, silly,” Sunny replied, flashing him her aegyo smile.

The boys took off and Jessica had just returned from the kitchen. “All that for nothing,” Yuri complained, “Yeah, and Sica unnie even woke up early,” Yoona added, “Earlier than all of us except Taeng unnie, to be exact,” Sooyoung finished.

They sighed, “It was supposed to be special,” Jessica stated, pouting, “I even woke up early for this,” She added, “It must be, considering unnie gave up a few hours of her mostly beloved sleep,” Seohyun commented.

“I didn’t even get to see their expressions when they are eating bacon,” Sooyoung pouted cutely and flopped herself on the sofa, “This .” She commented, stuffing her face into the pillow, trying to hide her disappointment.

They don’t know why such things affect them, it just does. They cleaned up the table and they had a meeting in the dining table – talking about what they could cook for the boys for dinner. They were more excited than ever, and they agreed that the dinner must be better than the breakfast. Much more.

 

 

The boys were just preparing to leave when the wind blew off Luhan’s beanie off his head – yes, it was that windy – and landed in front of their doorstep. He went to fetch it and accidentally overheard the girls.

“All that for nothing,” He heard Yuri, and just that made him feel a pang hit his chest. He froze on his spot and listened in, “Yeah, Sica unnie even woke up early,” He heard Yoona say this time, and his heart stopped beating. “Earlier than all of us except Taeng unnie, to be exact,” By then, Luhan was completely guilty.

Just when he thought he had heard enough, what he heard next completely broke his heart, “It was supposed to be special. I even woke up early for this,” He heard, and it affected him because it was Jessica who spoke.

“Luhan!” Xiumin shouted from the van, they were all waiting for him, “Hurry up!” Luhan went to the van with a completely disappointed face, and s noticed, “What’s up with you?” They asked as he got in the van, dusted his beanie and put it on with sad expression plastered on his face.

“I heard the girls say something,” He replied, then closed the door and looked out the window. “What’d they say?” The boys asked, suddenly i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter