Operation Cupid

Babysitting EXO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Oh it couldn't reach 3,000 words :( It was already on 2,993 words. Haha. But everyone couldn't be patient? This was next on the planning, haha. Anyways, this has been proof read but again, it's 12:30 AM, so I might've missed something.

The next day was no different than before. The couples were still all lovey dovey and Kris and Taeyeon couldn’t help but feel awkward. Sehun, Xiumin and Kyungsoo wouldn’t stop making gagging actions in front of the couples, causing them to leave the three alone and have their own moments.

Just like in the dorms, all the places in the beach house were occupied by couples who couldn’t stop being cheesy with each other. Kris was just about to walk inside the room he was staying in when Luhan and Jessica gave him weird looks – looks that told him they wanted him to leave.

He just turned and walked out, trying to think where to go next now that sleeping is out of his ‘Things that I can do’ list. He tried to check if the other rooms were occupied and if they weren’t, he was sure s wouldn’t mind if he slept on their mattresses. But Chen and Tiffany were there, and they just glared at him, “Hyung, what are you doing?!”

“Okay, okay, I’m leaving.” Kris replied in a surrending position as he walked out. He checked the last room too and it also didn’t end well. He sighed and walked out of the beach house, and into the forest.

Baekhyun and Sooyoung were watching TV – Sooyoung in Baekhyun’s arms, of course – when Taeyeon joined them and flopped herself onto the sofa. The two gave her grudging looks and Taeyeon looked at them, scared. “Unnie, can you go somewhere else?” Sooyoung asked rudely.

Taeyeon stood up surrendingly and walked out. *Since when did you become so rude to me, Sooyoung. Wait until the next training, you rude children.* She told herself and walked out of the beach house.

Taeyeon was just about to walk in on Yoona and Kai next to the forest just outside the beach house when a hand pulled her arm and the last thing she knew, she was being held by a pair of arms – one arm around her body and a hand on .

She started to struggle until she heard the owner of the arms, “Shhhh…” He whispered, and Taeyeon froze, recognizing that voice. She was then released and she turned to look at Kris, the owner of the pair of arms – arms that Taeyeon found were quite strong. “What are you doing here?” Taeyeon asked, a bit loudly.

“Shhh…” Kris said again, putting an index finger against his lips, “I’ve interrupted one of the couples’ moment and they got so totally pissed at me.” He told her, “You don’t want another couple being like that, trust me.” Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows, “What? It gets to that extent?” Kris nodded.

The atmosphere became quiet, and it wasn’t a comfortable one. They both felt awkward and they just didn’t know how to break the silence. Usually, Kris would be able to make up a conversation so easily without even thinking of any – simply because all he had to do was about her height and the both of them would bicker, but he didn’t want to do that… not anymore, at least.

They would take occasional glances at each other as they walked through the forest, still visible from the beach house. When they meet each other’s gazes, they would turn away and blush. This continued on for a few minutes.

From the beach house, the nineteen people gathered around the windows – straightly facing the direction of where Kris and Taeyeon were. They were trying to see what was happening while at the same time making sure the two leaders don’t see them.

“Ugh, why are they being awkward with each other?!” Tiffany asked, her tone sounding irritated. “If this thing doesn’t work, I’m screwed.” Tao commented, “What do you think about me?” Chen asked, wanting everyone else to feel sorry for him, “I yelled at Kris-hyung!”

“I talked to her so rudely…” Sooyoung started, “I sounded like Luna!” She then had a terrified look on her face as she buried her face in her hands. Baekhyun immediately her back to console her.

“Yeah, well…” Sunny started, “I pushed Taeyeon away.” She bowed down, regretting what she did, and then slowly started shaking her head, “She’s going to rage at me later.”

“Don’t worry! I’m here!” Suho straightened his back and tapped his chest twice. The rest gagged and Suho glared at them, “Hey, don’t judge us. You do it too, you rascals.”

“I don’t care if you’re all lovey dovey right now, but if those two don’t get together today, I’m gonna have to slash somebody.” Xiumin stated, receiving terrified looks from the others. They never thought Xiumin would have that attitude, not to mention that he would even think like that. And that attitude didn’t really suit Xiumin at all. They preferred the meat bun Xiumin.

“If Kris-hyung doesn’t make a move, someone’s gonna have some guy-to-guy talk with me.” Kai commented, souding mature for his age. “Make that two-to-one guy-to-guy talk.” Chen added. “Well, I’m in, too.” Chanyeol said.

“Why don’t you all just talk to him, then?” Seohyun suggested. “I think he only needs some encouragement, or maybe he thinks unnie doesn’t like him back. The way to get them together solely depends on how they feel for each other.” She continued, “Like if he likes unnie, but she doesn’t like him back – or vice versa – then there’s no point, really. But if they both like each other but just too afraid to confess – much like us – then Kris oppa really just needs to know he won’t get rejected.”

The others nodded, taking in what the girls’ maknae had just said. Tao, on the other hand, felt proud of his girlfriend.

“Oh, oh, oh!” Yoona exclaimed, peeking at the two leaders from behind the curtains, “I sense some interactions! They’re talking!” She sounded excited – like she was spazzing – as she pointed at them. The others ran to her to also peek.

 

 

 

Kris had a battle in his mind on whether to just bring up a topic or just shut the hell up and continue being in an awkward situation. Of course, the first option won. “So I guess we’ll be like this every time now, huh?” He asked Taeyeon. “Always getting told by the people younger than us to leave them alone?”

Taeyeon scoffed, “Tell me about it. Rude children. What have I done to deserve this?” She joked, ending up with the two of them laughing. “And to think our fans think they’re so controlled and kind and polite, when in reality, they’re really demons in disguise.” Kris added.

“Agreed,” Taeyeon smiled at Kris and he smiled back. Suddenly, he was grateful he chose the first option. It definitely made him – and unknowingly, Taeyeon as well – feel better.

They talked again until it became dark and they knew it was their cue to go back to the beach house. “I can’t stand being in front of those cheesy couples anymore.” Taeyeon stated, “You’re not the only one.” Kris had a dreadful look on his face.

They went into the dining table when it was time for dinner and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter