The Apologies - II

Babysitting EXO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I only got 6 hours of sleep because I wrote this one. It was really late, and that's probably why I even wrote the scenes here, oh god. My brain must not have been functioning lately, haha. After crying so much because of 10080 and 27th of October, I actually managed to write. Hope you enjoy :) Not proofread because it was like 12:51 AM when I finished XD

He was sad because he’s worried of her response after he says, “I like you.”

Which is why he didn’t end up saying it. He was planning to, yes. But he didn’t want everything to be awkward between them because he knew Sunny wouldn’t say yes – simply because of the fact that she’s a spy and he’s an idol. They were like star-crossed lovers.

They both have different responsibilities and different lives. She travels from country to country to complete Mission Impossibles, and he travels from country to country to entertain. Two different people cannot be together – according to him.

His parents are both teachers – one is a professor and one was a teacher – and both lived a similar life. Whereas Sunny and him? Sunny grew up risking her life while he grew up being academic and training in SM.

“You wrote all that this morning?” Sunny asked, her lips slowly curving into a smile as she tilted her head. Suho tried so much to hide his blushing cheeks – which turned a bit rosy. “So quick.”

“I was feeling very inspired.” He decided to think about it first before actually confessing. But he told himself that whatever happens, he must decide today. It cannot wait any longer – according to him.

 

 

“Do you think she’s still mad?” Chanyeol asked, playing with his fingers as D.O knocked on the door of the guest room – where Hyoyeon was staying. “I don’t know, to be very honest.” He replied to the taller guy. “She seemed really pissed this morning.”

“Yeah, I’ve never seen her like that.” Chanyeol commented, “And I never want to see that ever again.” He added, and then the door opened, shocking the two members.

“You’re here.” Hyoyeon stated, “Oh- are we distur-” Hyoyeon pulled the two boys by their shirts inside and shut the door in an instance. It was a bit shocking how she managed to pull the two inside by herself. They know she’s strong, yes, but they never knew she was that strong.

“What’s wrong noona?”

“What are you doing here?” Hyoyeon was whispering, kind of like in a hiding manner – as if she was hiding. She kept looking to the covered window from time to time – like every five seconds, to be exact.

“We’re here to apologise about last night,” Chanyeol answered, nodding his head over and over again as he did so.

“You already apologised this morning.”

“That’s what the other noonas said to the others,” Kyungsoo stated. “But, like them we want to apologise personally to our favourite noona.”

Hyoyeon became flattered and blushed a bit, “I’m flattered. But really, it’s okay.” Hyoyeon flashed them a smile. “You can go now, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo.”

Knowing that Hyoyeon had once again called him with his real name, he knew she wasn’t mad anymore. He smiled upon realizing it and he looked at Chanyeol, nodded his head and Chanyeol only gave him his creepy smile in return.

“Noona,” Kyungsoo called and Hyoyeon – who was yet again looking at the window – turned to face the boys. She was then surprised when the two leaned in and kissed her in each cheek. Her eyes and mouth widened in surprise.

“Y-yah…” That was the only thing she managed to let out. She was too stunned. She stared at the two boys – who only gave her smiles – in a shocked state. “Chanyeol and I talked about it. We’ll give you a kiss on the cheeks if you’re mad. Then, you can’t stay mad at us anymore because you just can’t resist us.”

Kyungsoo did a peace sign with a wide smile – his teeth showing – while Chanyeol just stood awkwardly – his hands holding each other – and his lips pressed together. Hyoyeon only managed to let out a scoff and then smile.

“I have a reason to be mad all the time then,” She joked, and then walked towards the window. The two boys looked at each other – obviously trying to hide their smiles. They followed Hyoyeon to the window and asked, “What are you looking at, noona? You’ve been looking back and forth at it.”

Hyoyeon looked at the two as she held the curtain. She let out a sigh, “I’ll show you but be quiet.” Chanyeol and Kyungsoo – being scared of the prankster – nodded their heads and Hyoyeon let them peek.

On the other side of the window… was Kris and Taeyeon. The boys gave Hyoyeon a glance – with a look as if asking ‘Why are you watching them, noona?’ – and she just smiled. “If you haven’t noticed… both our leaders haven’t really gotten too close to each other. It’s as if they’re still strangers.”

“I just wanted to see if they would improve,” Then she winked at them and continued to peek. “It’s just because Taeyeon has responsibilities and… uhm… rules to follow.” She added, “Which we have disobeyed.”

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were confused as heck, but what they did understand is that she was right about Kris and Taeyeon’s relationship. Sure, they weren’t like those first days where all they do was bicker and argue and Taeyeon would call him a giant and in return get called a shorty. No, it was different. The two became more sensible with each other, but not as close as the others.

 

 

Taeyeon was leaning on the balcony on the other side of the house – because she didn’t want to bother Yuri and Lay from their lovey dovey moment on the other side – and enjoyed the view of the city that was visible from where she was. She smiled at it.

The last thing she knew, Kris approached her – awkwardly, to be honest. When he reached her, Kris slightly bowed his head and scratched his head. Taeyeon turned her head to look at him and raised a brow. “You need anything?” She asked.

“Uhm, the others are doing it and since I’m one of the leaders…” Kris started but trailed off, looking away to avoid Taeyeon’s gaze. As for Taeyeon, she raised her brow even more and tried to hide her smile – or rather, a laugh, because it was funny how shy Kris was at that moment.

“I want to apologise.” Kris managed to continue. “About last night,” He added. “We didn’t mean to and we were really just going home when the staff stopped us. We didn’t want to do it at first but we had to so…” He continued, “And you seemed really pissed this morning, and we weren’t able to work on anything this morning so we went home early and-”

Kris was interrupted by the sound of Taeyeon starting to laugh. She bursted out laughing and looked at Kris. Kris’ heartbeat rate slowed at that moment. Like Luhan’s reaction to Jessica a few months ago, he saw Taeyeon laughing in slow motion – with the glowing effect and the angels singing //shot//.

“You sound like a kid,” Taeyeon comented after calming down a bit. Key words: a bit. She was still laughing, “You’re so adorable.” Then she continued laughing, and Kris stood there frozen, not knowing what to do. He didn’t even know what he was feeling.

He’d never felt like that before, so he doesn’t really know what it was. Needless to say, Kris had never been in love before, so he’s not sure if what he was feeling was indeed love.

“It’s okay,” Taeyeon finished, “You had a reasonable explanation.” She continued, “Just don’t expect us to cook like that for you ever again,” she joked. “You missed the cooking where Jessica wasn’t being lazy and actually was helping.” She continued to mess around, “It was a once in a lifetime chance and you missed it.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter