Chapter 90

A Twist In My Story

▣▣▣▣ Kyuhyun's POV ▣▣▣▣

Yes I asked Kaori to wait for me but I didn’t take her granted. Finding ways how can I tell Kaori the whole truth is what makes me busy. I have Eric to help me but he doesn’t know it all.

FLASHBACK

I got an unexpected call from U.S. while I was getting ready to meet Kaori. It was Eric. He said his sister were here in Korea, hearing it from him felt like an enormous burden was taken off my back. She can’t be using a Korean name here since she’s not even naturalized citizen of Korea. Then I told him what I have found out in Kaori’s family background. I asked him if he knows that truth and he said he doesn’t know.

“Can you help with again?” I asked him.

“Sure, how can I help you now?”

“Please tell me where her family live.”

“Honestly, they live in different places. Her mom’s in Paris and her sister was living in New York but I don’t know about his brother, Andrew. Why?”

“I need to personally talk to them and I need you to be there too.”

He chuckled a bit. “It’s impossible to talk to her mom.”

“I’d do anything just to talk to her, keep that in mind.” I said seriously.

“Alright, I’ll try to contact Jamaica first.” He said.

I glance at the clock and it says 8pm.

! I’m two hours late.

I hurriedly wear my sleeves and put on my shoes. I grabbed my keys and turn the engine on. I looked at myself in the mirror.

“Damn you Cho Kyuhyun! Forget about your looks.”

I drove with barefaced. It’s such a lucky day for me! I got stocked in the traffic on my way to the restaurant so I sent Kaori a message.

Kyuhyun: I’m on my way, there’s just a heavy traffic because of the rain.

 I didn’t get any reply from her. It made me think that she’s getting angry. I hit my horn in repeat telling others that I’m in a hurry. I glance on my watch. 9pm.

I turned my wheels on the small streets just to get away from the traffic. Thankfully it helped me but when I arrived at the restaurant they were already closed. I looked through the glass and saw staffs were already cleaning the place.

I pulled the glass door.

“Sorry sir, but we’re already closed.” The security told me.

“Ah yeh, but I’m looking for someone.”

I saw some ladies whispering to each other and I flashed them a calm smile.

“Oppa, are you waiting for Kaori-shi?” One of them asked.

“Oh yeh yeh.” I hopefully nodded.

“She already left, about 30 minutes ago.” She explained while looking at her watch.

I bowed and hurriedly went back to my car and drive slowly around the street trying to contact Kaori. Then my phone rings. Siwon hyung was calling.

“Oh hyung, I’m sorry but I need to call Kaori, just call me later.”

“I’m with Kaori-shi, where are you?”

“Are you going back in the dorm?”

“Yes, we’re on our way.”

“Oh arasseo, I’ll be right there.”

END OF FLASHBACK

My heart ached more when she told me. “Stop playing with my heart.”

If I could only tell you what I know right away, I already did.

 

▣▣▣▣ Henry's POV ▣▣▣▣

“You only have this day as your free time, since when did you become interested in playing violin?” I asked Kaori.

“A person will look cool when they play violin.” She nodded.

I sighed. She’s working harder now than ever. Maybe it’s her way to forget her problems but seriously; she’s slowly killing herself for working too much. It’s becoming her addiction these days. Now she chose to practice in SM though they have a practice room in their dorm.

I first taught her the minor chords in the violin.

“It’s far from what I taught.” I giggled when she’s having a hard time to memorize it.

“It took me years to play that. It’s just your first day!”

“It’s making me hungry.” She pouted.

“I don’t have money.” I know she’s asking me to buy her snacks.

She twisted her lips. “Be generous to me sometimes.”

“You’re earning more than me!”

She turned and continues to memorize the chords. I was looking at her in the mirror. She was just moving the bow while she’s on a dazed.

I sighed. “Talk to me if you want, playing what you don’t like won’t help you.”

She stopped and turned to face me again.

“What happen to you and Kyuhyun hyung?” I bravely opened it.

She put the violin down. “He wants to…to break up with me.”

“What? Why?”

She shrugged. “He said he doesn’t love me anymore, what’s confusing me is that, his actions doesn’t say it’s true.”

I remained silent and just listened to her.

“He even told me to keep this a secret to everyone.”

“WHAT?” I got pissed. At this moment I just wanted to find Kyuhyun hyung and punch him ‘til he realizes what he’s doing to Kaori.

She started tearing up. I kneeled in front of her and cupped her face. She looked at me with her eyes glimmering from the tears.

I pecked her forehead and wiped her tears. “I hate seeing the girl I love crying.”

She looked up at me; her lips trembled as if she wants to say something. Her eyes were full of questions.

“Yes…I love you.” I softly told her.

 She shook her head.

“I have loved you ever since. You can’t see it…because you’re too busy loving someone else.”

She kept on crying.

“You don’t have any idea how hurt I was.” I sounded reproaching.

“Henry…”

“I’ve done everything for you but I guess you will never see that. I wasn’t asking anything in return but why can’t it be me?”

I didn’t notice that I was crying too. “I’m sorry…”

“Is it that hard for you to love me?”

She suddenly hugged me tight. “I can’t afford to lose a friend like you.”

“SO THIS IS WHAT YOU’RE DOING WHILE I’M NOT AROUND???” Kyuhyun’s angry voice echoed in the room.

I pulled away and wiped my tears. It looks like he can’t hold his anger and harshly pulled Kaori up. Kaori looked stupid in my eyes that she’s letting him do that to her. I got up and pulled her hands.

“She’s hurting.” I fight with Kyuhyun hyung’s stare.

He looked at Kaori. “Let’s talk.”

“You’re hurting me…” She struggled from his grip.

“Hyung let her go!”

“Hyung, are you fighting?” Onew rushed to the room when he heard me screamed.

“Kaori let’s go.” He told her.

I hold Kaori’s hands tightly, that’s when Kyuhyun pushed me so hard.

“Hyung-nim!” SHINee witnessed what happened and run to hug Kyuhyun. They’re trying to stop him while Kaori was stoned where she was standing. Scared of what’s going on.

I got up and smirked. “If you can’t love her at least don’t hurt her.” I said and walked out.

 

▣▣▣▣ Kaori's POV ▣▣▣▣

“Kaori-shi, gwenchana?” I felt Minho sunbae-nim tapping me.

I was still shocked with how the guys fight. Kyuhyun walked to me and was about to grab my hand. I moved back. He was too angry that he didn’t even realize that he’s hurting me.

“Kaori…let’s go.” He told me.

I shook my head and walked out to follow Henry but I didn’t reach him. I want to apologize to him in behalf of Kyuhyun. What he did to Henry is not right and he doesn’t have the right to get mad when we’re not doing anything wrong.

===
“Do you have any plans for Kyuhyun’s birthday?” Ryeowook asked me when we’re all having breakfast together after a long time.

He’s not there because he went to visit his parents. I felt Henry looked at my direction.

“Should we throw him a birthday party?” Shindong said after munching on his sandwich.

“It’s your second anniversary, are you planning to celebrate it with anti’s again this time?” Aki was chuckling.

I plainly smiled. “We don’t have plans yet.”

“RIGHT! Let’s just surprise Kyuhyunah.” Sungmin oppa said excitedly.

I nodded.

We all worked hard to prepare for his birthday. Henry who knows everything keeps on looking at me worriedly. I keep flashing him a smile telling him nothing to worry about. After cleaning, putting on party decorations and preparing for the food I climbed upstairs to rest.

 

▣▣▣▣ Kyuhyun's POV ▣▣▣▣

TWAEJI HYUNG IS CALLING , TWAEJI HYUNG IS CALLING

My phone was crying. It was my ringtone for Shindong hyung. I recorded my voice and did that. I copied what Donghae and Pau did to their ringtones. One time Pau forgot her wallet in the couch so I tried to contact her but I got surprised when I heard.

PAAAUUU, EVIL KYUHYUN WAS CALLING…PAAAUUU, EVIL KYU WAS CALLING

It was all in English but I fully understand it.

I picked up my phone. “What time are you going back?” He asked me without even greeting me first.

“I’m already on my way hyung.”

SBG DORM

The guys prepared for my birthday and even sing a song for me. It’s just strange that they’re throwing me a birthday party but the feeling was a bit awkward.

“Where’s Kaori?” I asked when I noticed she’s not around.

“She’s upstairs.” Erika answered me while putting some food on her plate.

I went upstairs and bumped on Henry. He just walked out from her room. Our eyes met.

“You shouldn’t hurt a girl.” He said to me.

I let out a sigh. “Can’t you greet me first on my birthday?” I smiled a bit and started to walk.

He grabbed me by my arms. “I don’t want to see her hurting again.”

“Just like you Henry, I don’t want to see her hurting too.”

“How could you do this to Kaori?”

I swallowed, lowered my head and looked back at him. “You know nothing.”

“SAENGGGILLL CHUKKKAAAHHAAEEE!!” Sungmin hyung greeted me almost shouting.

Ryeowook hyung then followed and hit me with his gift. “Kyuhyunahhh! Let’s eat!”

“Henry let’s go!” The dragged us both downstairs.

“Heechul hyung would be discharged next week.” Kangin said out of the blue.

Then we saw Kaori walking the down the stairs. She smiled weakly on us. She sat beside Akiko and looked at me.

She sweetly smiled and reached out to give me her gift.

“Ayiiiieeeeee!” Some of them cheered.

“Kamsahamnidda!” I took the small box and put it inside my pocket.

“Why don’t you open it?” Shindong hyung was trying to force me.

“This is only for me.” I said laughing a bit.

Our musical has ended so I thought it would be alright to get close to her again. I was planning to tell her everything when Heechul hyung comes back. With proofs or not, I would still tell them.

I moved to sit beside her. “Do you have a schedule tonight?” I asked.

She looked at me strangely and shook her head.

“Do you want to come with me?” I asked again smiling at her.

She thinks for a moment. “Let me think about it.”

“Alright.” She stood up, my eyes followed her. I look around and saw everyone was busy too so I decided to follow her.

She stopped when we reached the rooftop. I know that she knew I was following her.

I walked closer and hugged her from the back, my chin rested on her shoulder. I started sobbing when she didn’t even react to what I did. This day should be our second anniversary.

A tear fell from my eye. “I missed you so much.”

She didn’t say anything; I wrapped my arms tighter around her and pecked her cheeks. She slowly pulled away and turned to look at me.

“Happy birthday.” She greeted me and smiled a bit.

I reached for her again and hugged her. I felt how brave she became now. “I missed you.”

Her hands hesitantly moved to hug me.

A smile was drawn on my lips. “I really missed you so much!”

“You should have just left me slowly…”

I pulled away after what she told me. I hold up her hands. I don’t care if she sees me crying like a child.

Her eyes blinked then a tear fell from her eyes. “I’m giving you what you’re asking for.”

I bit my lips and wiped my tears.

She looked down on my pocket. I tapped it took out her gift. “Open it.” She told me.

I did what she told me. It was our ring. “Kaori…” I shook my head.

She nodded and leaned to hug me and pulled away to say. “I’ll let you go. But remember this; I love you, I really do.”

Her words made me breakdown and cry. “Let’s talk about this…” I was begging her.

She looked away while tears kept on falling.

I was down on my knees begging her. “Please…?”