The audition begins

A Twist In My Story

After 2 weeks. I found myself at the airport holding a passport and a ticket plane going to Korea.

This is it! Fighting Kim! I cheered myself.

Jae Hyun tapped my shoulder. “Hey, are you alright?”

“Yeah, I , I just can’t believe I’ll go to Korea and...and what’s more is I’m going for an audition at SM.”

“I know you can do it!” Dong Woo cheered for me wearing his encouraging smile.

“Yeah, surely!” So Hee agreed. “Let’s go now baby Kaori." She started to walk and I followed her.

“We’ll be there tomorrow. I promise.” Dong Woo shouted while waving his hands.

We boarded the plane and look for our respective seat. I immediately fell asleep the moment I rest my back on the headboard.

 

▣▣▣▣ So Hee's POV ▣▣▣▣

Aish! This kid is so cute. Uncle will surely love her if he sees her. I just hope all things will work out right when I have to leave her there. Mianhe baby Kaori, So Hee unni won’t really make an audition for SM. Don’t worry we’ll still watch over and check on you.

I glance at our group’s baby when my phone rings.

♫ Uncle calling ♫

“Yoboseyo” I answered.

“Should I fetch you at the airport?” He asked me.

“Anniyo. I’m with someone. And, you’ll be surprised 'cause she’s someone that can make your company so proud!”

“Really?” He asked as if he is raising his eyebrows.

“Yeah, but please uncle don’t let her over work. I just begged her to do this. She’s a jackpot, I promise.”

“Then I won’t ask her to make an audition if it’s just a waste of time.”

“No. I’ll just give you her name and send you the picture, arasso?”

“Arasso.”

 

▣▣▣▣ Kaori's POV ▣▣▣▣

I slowly opened my eyes when I felt So Hee was shaking me.

“Where are we?” I asked as I scratch my eyes.

“We are here.” She answered me softly then winked at me playfully.

Is this true? God, please let me know. If this is just a dream then let me wake up now. I said to myself. Aish! Am I really going to that audition? It’s makin’ me nervous.

◘  What if I’m not chosen?

It’s okay. At least you tried.

◘ For sure So Hee, Dong Woo, and Jae Hyun will be upset if you didn’t make it.

So what? You only forgive them with this right?

Yeah, I shouldn’t bother myself. I sighed.

 

So Hee unni and I went to the SM Entertainment Bldg. after we checked-in in the nearest hotel. It's just simply amazing. There are almost hundreds of girls who will have an audition. We were walking to get our numbers and everyone we passed by was looking at me. It made me wonder why. Then I heard a man’s voice came from the speaker.

 

“No. 86 and 87!” The man announced.

I checked my number.  Oh ! I’m 87 and So Hee’s 88. Ottokajo?

I looked at her worriedly.

“What are you waiting for? Go!” She smiled and pushed me up.

 

The man who spoke on the speaker was the same man guiding me inside the audition room. My heart was pumping so loud that I can only hear my heart beat. When I entered the room I saw three man and an old lady sitting in front of me. I'm certain that they are high ranked officials of SM.

The old lady smiled at me. “Hi! What’s your name?”

“I’m Kim, 18 years old from the Philippines.” I said politely.

They all eyed me from head to toe and they looked at each other. Whispers. It makes my heart skip a bit.

“Do you know how to speak Korean?” Asked the man sitting in the corner.

“Yes! But I’m not that fluent.” I told them honestly.

“So what can you show us?” Said the man behind the lady.

 Okay Kim breathe. Think. Calm down.I exhale a load. “Mm, as you don’t know ma’am, sir. I was once a band's vocalist and a campus dancer...” I now smiled and faced them with confidence. “...and, I know how to play guitar and piano.” I continued.

  “Well, you really look smart and talented too.” The lady praised me.

“Can you sing for us?” Asked the man in the corner again. “An English song.”

I started to sing the song of Avril Lavigne. "When you’re gone". I picked it since I used to sing it live in our band gigs. It ended well.

“Sing a Korean song if you know one.” The lady raise her eyebrow.

So I sing to Super Junior’s "Dead at heart". When the song ended the other man immediately said. “Let me see you dance.”

“Uhm, if you don’t mind sir, can I playmy own song?”

I heard the lady laughed. “You’re a brave young lady.” I lowered in shame. “But of course you can!”

“Thank you!” I bowed at them and smiled sweetly. I played the song “Boom, Boom” by Super Junior. When I start moving to dance. All of my worries and nervousness were all gone.

Sometimes I make my own steps but mostly I’m studying their dance. I only change the Boom, Boom part into intense and y steps. The man breaks the silence after I dance. “You said you know how to play guitar and piano. Well, can you show us?”

“But Mr. I didn't brin..”

The man cuts me. “Don’t worry!” He casually smiled and snapped his fingers.

A man came inside holding a guitar. I nodded. I played "First Kiss" by FT. Island.

The song ended and they gave me an outstanding clap so I bowed at them and say my thank you.

“You’re great!” Said the lady. “But you said that you are form PH, right? I don’t wanna say this but, you look like a pure Korean.”

“Oh yes, maybe because I am half Chinese and Half Spanish, but I was born in PH.” I explained.

They were all nodding.

“So?” Asked the oldest looking man at others.

“Of course she’s accepted!”

My smiles went up to my eyes as I bow at them. “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you very much!” 

I exit the room and hugged So Hee in excitement before she enters the room. “Good luck!” I winked at her, grinning.

 

▣▣▣▣ So Hee's POV ▣▣▣▣

As I enter the room I looked at everyone then at my uncle. They all smiled at me.

“You’re friend was really good!” Commented the lady while nodding her head.

“Yeah, she really is.” I agreed. “She doesn’t know that I’m really not going to audition so let me stay here for a while.” I smiled at them.

“Wanna tell us something more about her?” Asked the lady.

“Mmm, just make sure you’ll take care of my only little sister.” I pouted. Their eyebrow rosed. It’s because I’m the only girl in our family. I looked at everyone in hopeful eyes.

“Don’t worry I’ll take care of her.” Said Mr. Manager.

“All done. So can you tell us now?” She asked again.

“Yeah, sure..” I tilted my head, thinking. “...She’s a fan of Super Junior. She loves music and arts so much. She has a band before and she’s the vocalist. Mm, she’s a campus dancer, the University sweetheart. She’s a fashionista. She can play guitar, piano and lyre but she’s not that good with the last one.” I paused. “And she was raised in a good family as well. She's like a combination of Kim Tae Hee and Song Hye Kyo. I bet you guys haven’t seen her acting skills." I smirked. "She’s so good at it! She writes poems, novels and sometimes composes songs. When she was in high school she won best actress and best director award. All of her paintings were displayed in her old school, it’s a band studio. I heard from her best friend that she’s a volleyball ace player but I haven’t seen her play.”

“How come you know all this in just a month?”  My uncle asked me.

“I asked her, investigate. This is my purpose.”

“Family background?” Mr. Manager asks.

“Mm, she has a brother and a sister. They’re all in America. Her mom is running their business in Phil. Her dad passed away 5years ago.” I remembered strange things Kaori told me about her father’s death but I don’t wanna say personal things to these old judges.

“Okay. I think she’s really a jackpot for this company.” Mr. Manager smiling widely.

“Should I go now??” I asked.

“Ne. And thanks for the surprise!” My uncle winked at me.

◘◘◘◘

▣▣▣▣ Kaori's POV ▣▣▣▣

As what Dong Woo promised they arrived today. The audition was still ongoing and will last for 3 weeks as said on the schedule.

“Yoyoyo! what’s up?” Jae Hyun imitating black Americans.

“Baby Kaori made it!” So Hee said jumping a bit in excitement

I faked a smile.

“Chukkahae!!” Dong Woo hugging me and lifted me up.

“We should celebrate!” Jae Hyun eagerly said.

We went to a Chinese Restaurant, it was the type of expensive restaurant's but its Dong Woo’s treat so who cares? Ha-ha! I removed my jacket leaving only the dress on and of course I wear makeup. It’s my obsession! LOL. I was sitting beside Jae Hyun and in front of us were So Hee and Dong Woo. I noticed the waitress glancing at me so I smiled at her then look at the group of teenagers or in their early 20’s and accidentally overheard their conversation. Jae Hyun noticed me staring at the group and he looked at them too.

"That's Kim Tae Hee, right?" The girl1 excitedly said.

The girl2 disagree "No! She's Song Hye Kyo!"

"Let's ask her!" Said the guy wearing a hoody.

They walked towards us smiling so I smiled back at them.

"Hi!” Greeted the excited girl.

I smiled and bowed at them. “Hello there!”

“Omo! Omo! I told you she’s Kim Tae Hee!” The excited girl claps her hands in happiness.

The other girl disagreed “She’s Song Hye Kyo!”

We all laughed at them. I stood up and offer them seats.

“What?” The guy was shock.

What was he thinking? I asked myself.

“When did you become so little?”

My cheeks heat up and I hurriedly sit back in shame.

“She’s not Tae Hee either Song Hye Kyo.” So Hee say’s while laughing.

Dong Woo and Jae Hyun can’t control themselves and burst out into laughter’s.

“She’s a trainee of SM Entertainment” Proud Jae Hyun.

“I see.” The three nodded in unison.

“You’re really pretty!” The excited girl praised me.

I smiled at her sweetly. “Ahh, kamsahamnidda.”

“Unni fighting! And nice meeting you but we should go now.” The three started to walk waving at us.

I sighed. “They mistaken me as Tae Hee and Song Hye Kyo.” I started singing.

♫ Popopopoker face popopoker face ♫

Then a waitress came over with other crews handing a camera.

“Miss Tae Hee, can we take a picture with you?” Asked the waitress.

“Mianhe, but I’m not Tae Hee. I’m..Kaori.” I smiled at her.

“Oh sorry but you do really look just like her” she apologize then left.

We all eyed each other and start singing again

♫ p-p-p-poker face p-p-poker face ♫

“It’s really funny when they look hopeful that it’s really their idol then will look disappointed when they knew it’s not.” So Hee can’t hide her smile.

I stopped laughing and started to think. If I debut with others would they like me too?

◘◘◘

It’s exactly 3 weeks when I got accepted in the audition. I expected SM Entertainment to fetch me from here and send me to dorm as what they’ve instructed. My bad, 2 weeks from now I’ll turn 19. I wanna spend my special day with special people in my life but here I am packing my things to leave.

“It’s been 3 weeks but people around here still mistaken Kaori as Tae Hee.” Jae Hyun said passing me the toothpaste.

“Cause our baby Kaori is really beautiful.” So Hee handing me my clothes.

I pouted. “Is that a compliment or you're just teasing me?”

She smiled. “Why? Aren’t you happy that you already look like a celebrity?”

“He.he” I smiled awkwardly “Yeah right, I need to run when they are coming from me, I need to hide behind the trash so they won’t notice and see me. Aish! Those fans of Tae Hee and Song Hye Kyo really don’t know what their idol looks like.” Closing the zipper of my luggage.

DING DONG

Someone’s ringing the bell. Dong Woo opened it without asking.

“Hello! I am a staff from SM Entertainment, is Miss Kim Kaori here?”

I heard the girl ask so I rush out of the room “I’m Kaori”

“We better go now.” She ordered.

“Okay, I’ll just get my things.” I look at Dong Woo, Jae Hyun and then So Hee sadly.

“Goodbye’s are not forever right?” So Hee asks me

I nodded.

“We’ll be waiting for your debut!” Jae Hyun trying to hide his loneliness.

Dong Woo who is ever sweet kissed my forehead. “Give us a call if you’re not busy, okay?”

“Okay.” I replied. I have mixed emotions. I’m sad, tense, worried and happy.

“We should go now.” The staff commanded.

◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘

Kim : Kim Tae Hee? Song Hye Kyo? Honestly I don't know them really. LOL
 
Dong Woo : Really ?
 
So Hee : You must watch their dramas, Song Hye Kyo in Endless Love1 and Full House
 
Kim : Full House? It's Super Junior's show, Isn't it?
 
So Hee : there's one too, her leadingman is Rain.
 
Kim : *nodding* i see. What about Tae Hee's dramas?
 
Jae Hyun : You really don't know her? Omy! I'll tell you everything *comes closer*
 
Kim : *moves away* I think I know them now.