Day 11

My Teacher's A Hottie

"If it isn't our warrior that took one for the team, scoot. Also the freshman and sophomore couldn't come evaluate they're all working on the homecoming float this whole week," Zelo said as he entered my room first, I put down the magazine I was reading and scooted over, Zelo sat next to me and gave me my journal. The team members who came were blonde, except for Zelo it was no difference, he died his hair blonde over the summer and died the front and back blue. That's probably why he had the rest of the team do it.

"Hey Jello, team. So did you guys make me proud and win?"

"Yes ma'am, we beat one to nothing," Seonyeop said.

"Alright! So, did Yongguk tell you guys about my plan to raise money for Everland?"

"Yes and we all agree, also with the bank account for the team. We just need to set a date, time, and put everything in action, but before that, our other captain needs to go blonde too. Nurse said okay as long as we don't make a mess," Zelo said and held up the bleach.

"Fine, but at least leave one highlight on my bangs normal, but other than that the rest of my hair is blonde," I said and got off the bed.

"Stylist!" Zelo snapped his fingers and Changhee stepped forward.

**********

"Blonde looks good on you, especially with the brown highlight," Jaehwa said, I liked it, it's different.

"Well now that's done are we able to take you out for lunch?" Zelo asked.

"You gotta ask the nurses, but I am starving, preferably Pizza Hut," I smiled and Yongguk left the room to go ask.

"So, what have I missed other than me being on the school newspaper?"

"You're my partner for the drama assignment," Hyunki said.

"Lots and lots of homework, also since you're going to be in the hospital for a little longer Zelo's bringing your homework."

"Daehyun hyung, Jongup, Yongnam, and Himchan are coming to lunch with us if we're able to help you escape."

"The guy from Jeju who hit you stopped by the day after the game and dropped off a card and balloon."

"Elections for Hioecoming court is starting tomorrow and a lot of people nominated you for queen."

"Also a lot of people are nominating Krystal too."

"Ugh, Krystal, what else?" I said, Krytal, Kai's girlfriend. They're like the exact same person, no wonder they're dating.

"That's it really."

"Okay, well then at least homework will occupy me while I'm here," I said and Yongguk entered.

"We got the okay from the nurse, we just need to sign you out and sign you back in. You're allowed to be out for three hours." Yongguk said.

"Yay! Pizza Hut! Okay, so who's driving me?"

"Well all the cars we got are full except for Coach Bang's since we were all at my house dying our hair," Seunghun said which is understandable because he lives in a mansion.

"Okay, then Yongguk I'm driving with you, now leggo!" I said and pointed to the door, I got off the bed and put on my shoes, it was still a nice August day, I'll miss it when fall comes. It was sunny out too, I was wearing a t shirt and jean shorts along with my aviator Ray Bans. We all walked out of the hospital and unlike Yongguk's usual car he had a yellow Jeep Wrangler that had no roof or doors on it.

"Woah, what happened to your usual car?" I asked as I slipped into the seat and put on my seatbelt.

"It's nice out, an I usually drive this in the summer without the doors or roof."

"Wait so you have two cars?"

"Actually Himchan and I share the car you usually see me drive, but this one is mine," he said, I liked this one, the sun was nice and warm and when we were driving the wind was blowin in my hair. At the stop light Zelo's car was next to ours and Taehyun's upper half was out on the roof window of the car.

"Hey Hana, Coach Bang," he casually said and I laughed, when the light went green he stuck his hands up and kept wooing. He looked like a maniac.

"Oh , I forgot to give you your jacket, I left it in the hospital room," I remembered, I basically went to sleep in that thing. It smelled like him and I had a dream about because I fell asleep in it.

"Don't worry about it, keep it. I have tons of varsity jackets, more than I need, it's good to get rid of a few," he said.

"I only have one, and it's from making varsity soccer in my freshman year."

"And now you have two."

"Thanks frienddddddd," I said stretching out the word to annoy him. But he tightened his gri[ on the wheel and blocked out my sound by turnin on the radio, very loud.

**********

"So, what are the plans for your 19th birthday?" Zelo asked following me to the LADIES bathroom.

"Oi, I'm too old for high school, damn you late birthday. Also Jello Boy, this is the LADIES bathroom," I said washing hands.

"Why am I a lady," Zelo said in a high pitch snooty voice then broke out in laughter.

"Idiot," I smiled shakin my head and punch his arm. We walked out and thankfully no one saw him enter or leave the ladies bathroom. We sat back down at the one table we took for 22 people, 10 seats on each side and one seat at each end. I sat at the end facing Yongguk with Zelo on my left, Jongup at my right, Daehyun was next to Jongup and Himchan was down next to Yongguk.

"It's good to see you actually awake," Daehyun said eating his chicken wings.

"Thank you, I actually am tired, like a lot suprisingly," I said and ate a bite of my pizza.

"Well when are you going to officially escape the hospital?" Jongup asked.

"Offically, about two more days and I'm home free," I sang with a big cheesy smile.

"Then when your home free we can you throw a birthday party!" Zelo cheered causing the team to also start talking about my 19th birthday that was coming up next week, September 3rd.

"Yeah, we can do karaoke."

"We should call you noona."

"Noona! Let's do karaoke, it'll be fun!"

"Noona, what kind of cake do you want?"

"We should get a cake from that really good place!"

"SHUT UP," I groaned loudly and they all did as I said.

"Please, don't call me noona, it makes me feel older than I already am. Also, I don't want a party, I want my 19th birthday to be low profile. Plus, if you guys want to celebrate it that bad then we can just get a cake for soccer practice, BUT that's it. Now let's forget my coming of age and eat!" I said and ate.

"19?" Yongguk asked over the table.

"Yeah, Hana has a late birthday so she got held back in kindergarten," Himchan said and Zelo and Jongup started laughing.

"It's just so funny that you got held back in kindergarden, and you call us stupid," Zelo managed to breath out.

"Shut up dumb and dumber," I said and smacked the back of both of their heads.

**********

"Hold in warrior, you'll escape soon," Zelo said and ruffled my hair before I went into Yongguk's car to return to the hospital.

"Don't worry, I'll come tomorrow before I have dance class and save you from boredom and losing your sanity," Jongup smiled.

"Oh my god, guys it's just a hospital, not a mental institution. I'll be fine for two more days and it's not that boring, but hey, I'll be back playing soccer on Friday. The doctor said to take a break from soccer for a few days to let myself rest, but I better get going before they scold me for being out longer than three hours, bye idiots," I waved and got into Yongguk's car.

"TO THE HOSPITAL!" I shouted and pointed in the direction of the hospital.

"Before we go, there's one stop we need to make."

"B-b-b-but the hospital, the nurse, I have to go back."

"Actually, I lied, the nurse said 5 hours."

"What?! Urghh, you, you, you."

"Well on your ride to the hospital you were half concious and you kept saying that you wanted your dad, someone named Bae, but you mostly asked for your mom."

"Really? I-I did? I don't remember though, I can only remember being hit in the face."

"I assumed, but since you kept asking for your mom I thought I might take you to her. I did my research and found her at Seoul National Cemetery."

"You did good research then, I haven't visited her since January, my dad flew in for a few hours just for that."

"Since we're friends, wanna tell me about your mom and maybe this Bae guy? I mean you don't have to, but I'm just curious."

"Well my mom was beautiful, no wonder my dad fell for her so hard, she always loved to have family time. She'd also bake the best cookies. She had a smile that could light up all of South Korea, she brought happiness where ever she went. She was adopted by a Korean family who had been living in America for 3 generations. She met my father when she was in Seoul accompanying her dad to a bussiness meeting and that's when she met my dad, my dad was interning at the company and then they just clicked. They got married a few years later, my mom moved here, they bought a house in the suburbs. It was a nice house, two stories, we had a dog, he was a german shepard, our mom gave him the English name Duke. I had a room that was princess themed up until I was 10, I changed it, painted the walls a nice light mint green, it was comfy. Getting off track though, I just turned 11 when my mom was diagnosed with cancer. It went away after a few months and we thought that was the last of it, then it came back worse and she died January 2006. After that our house was quiet, depressing, my dad just got a promotion right after and he hesitated, but he accepted knowing it would be good for us. He started traveling a lot, it was every month, then turned to every other week, then he just ended up traveling all the time. My grandma moved in to take care of me and my older brother, Bae, she died after going into cardiac arrest when I was 14. That's when we moved into the apartment, it's nice and big, like a one story house, but it wasn't like home. I lived with Bae up until he graduated two years ago, now he's at Southern California Institute of Architecture where my mom's side of the family is. He was last home a month ago for a month. That's the story," my whole story took the whole drive to the cemetery.

"Well you can see your mom again now, you can take me to her plot," Yongguk said and tok flowers out from the trunk. I went right to where she was and my jaw dropped to see someone there.

"You?"