Day 10

My Teacher's A Hottie

BEEP! BEEP! the sound was repeating itself and I felt my eyes begin to open, I found myself in a hospital bed hooked up to a machine in a hospital gown. I looked around and saw flowers, balloons, stuffed animals, and cards around the hospital room, why am I here? The door was open and a nurse was about to pass by until I stopped her.

"Um excuse me nurse," I called and she stopped and came in, she picked up the clipboard on the end of the bed.

"Oh! You've woken up," she smiled happily and wrote down on the clipboard

"Would you mind telling me what happened? The last thing I remember was being at my soccer game," I asked confused as to what was going on.

"Well about four days ago at your soccer game you got hit in the head really hard by the ball and knocked out unconcoius."

"Four days?! That would make today Friday and we have another game."

"Yes, I've been informed by your boyfriend and we said that when you wake up it'd take about two weeks until you're able to play gain. Luckily you have no brain damage, but you'll need to stay in the hospital for those two weeks."

"Boyfriend?"

"Yes, he came here every night and read you a story then kisses you on your forehead and leaves. I can't seem to remember his name it was Yong something, but he had brown hair with blonde tips. I think he was on the soccer team too because when your team came to bring you all of this he was with them with that teddy bear sitting in the chair. Also your friends Jello, Jongup, Youngjae, and Daehyun came after school to check up on you." She told me, brown hair with blonde tips, Yongguk? I mean it has to be him, there's no other guy I know like that.

"What about my dad?"

"Oh yes, when you came to the hospital we tried to inform him, but he wasn't answering so we called his boss and learned that he was on a plane but he would send the message. Your dad calls though to see how you're doing and if your woken up yet. We told your cousin, Kim Himchan, he comes in the morning before he goes to work, is there anything else you'd like to know?"

"Um yes, my boyfriend, is there anything else he does?"

"Well whenever he comes he also brings you flowers and calls before he visits to see if you've woken up."

"Also, I'm starving, is there anyway I can get food?"

"Um yes, the cafeteria, the food is free so you don't have to worry that you don't have money with you."

"Thank you," I said and she left, I looked at the clock on the wall and it was 6pm, the game doesn't start until 8pm. Oh how I wish I was at the game, stupid Jeju make me unconcoius.

"Oh, if it isn't you again, I think you'll be happy to see your girlfriend today," I heard the same nurse I was talking to say. Then I heard footsteps rushing to the door and it was Yongguk, he had a huge smile on his face and he gave me a hug.

"You're awake!" He said happily.

"Yeah, I just woke up like 10 minutes ago," I told him and he let go.

"So the nurse told me that you read me a bed time story everyday, thanks."

"Is that all she told you? Nothing else right?"

"Yeah, she just said you'd come and read me a story then leave."

"Well Himchan, your friends, and I split up the shifts for when we visit you. Himchan is morning, your friends are right after school, and I get the night shifts. Your friends were actually an hour and a half ago though."

"Oh well, you're the first person other than the nurse to see me awake!" I smiled and my stomach grumbled loudly.

"Sorry, you know I haven't eaten since Tuesday and I was about to go to the cafeteria."

"It's okay, I'll go with you. Oh yeah, Zelo packed you some of your clothes so you can change into those if you don't want to wear the hospital gown," Yongguk said and left the room for me to change. I put on shorts and a sweatshirt and exited the room, I was wearing an ID badge around my neck saying I was a patient and my name. We found the cafeteria and I immediately went for the barbecue, I took one of each along with a bottle of water and a bowl of rice. Yongguk got the same as me and we sat down, I dug into my food and for cafeteria food this was great.

"Mmmhmm so good, I love you food," I said and stuffed another piece of barbecue in my mouth and Yongguk chuckled.

"What?" I asked with a mouth full of food.

"You just have sauce all over your mouth and you look like toddler eatin barbecue for the first time," he smiled.

"So? LET THERE BE SAUCE, I LOCE BARBECUE AND THIS IS SOME PRETTY DAMN GOOD BARBECUE" I stated and laughed at what I said.

"Here, let me clean it then," he said and wet his napkin then wiped my face.

"Thank you Yongguk," I sang and ate some more, I checked the time and it was 7:30.

"Shouldn't you be getting to the game?" I asked seeing that school was 10 minutes away but we had to be there by 7:30.

"Actually I've decided to hang out here with you, Coah said if you were awake today then to sort of take care of you and keep you occupied while our team is winning the game."

"Oh right, I almost forgt, did we win the game?"

"Yeah, we won 3-1, I didn't stay and watch because I went to the hospital with Himchan."

"You didn't have to, but thanks, for everything. Tutoring, driving me home, visiting me here, I mean it. You know what this means? I'm your friend now, whether you like it or not." I said and stabbed my food with my chopsticks and ate it.

"Doesn't mind me, I like having friends."

"Good, because I don't have that many friends."

**********

"So anything exciting go on while I was unconcoius?" I asked Yongguk as we were sitting on the swings at the hospital playground.

"Oh, yeah um you made it to the front of the school newspaper twice, here," Yongguk said and gave me his phone. I looked at the picture and the first one was:

CAPTAINS BRING THE PROMISED VICTORY OF THE SOCCER TEAM

Along with a action shot of me doin the kick off

Then next one was:

CAPTAIN IN THE HOSPITAL AND UNABLE TO SEE THE VICTORY OF HER TEAM

Along with a picture of me in the hospital bed and Jongup, Zelo, and Daehyun leaning on my bed. They were all smiling and holding up peace signs and Zelo put my hand in a peace sign.

"These guys are stupid," I laughed while giving back Yongguk's phone.

"Also, since every year the team always doesn something to show who's on the team and everyone is united they all decided to go cleach blonde, it was mostly Zelo since you weren't there to stop him."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah, tomorrow they're all dying their hair and then coming to visit you."

"I swear the team is filled with idiots, are you dying your hair?"

"Maybe, I'm undecided. Also, the soccer team trip, we need to oraganize where we're going and how to raise money."

"Ugh, I'm unconcious for four days and what I get is a load of work put on my shoulders. Great, well luckily I already started planning ahead, I had an idea that we could go to Everland for three days and two nights. There's so much to do there and it'll be a lot fun, the resort is also amazing, they have an indoor water park and spa, Everland basically sells itself. Also we could do a soccer clinic, bake sale, we could do a fair sort of. At school we can convince the principle to let us use the field, he loves the soccer team, we can do a raffle to have people who make a five person soccer team go against five seniors, different ones for each game. We can have games and prizes, we can sell food, we can make the food. I know a sophmore named Sunmi, her family owns a bakery and I'm sure I can get them to donate some baked goods and in return we can give them free advertising. Also we can cook food, Zelo, Youngjae, Daehyun, and Jongup, they're all so musically talented and I'm sure they would love to help, along with Minho, he was captain last year too. He is relly talented and so are his friends, Taemin, Jinki, Kibum, and Jonghyun. I mean the fair sells itself too, we can decorate the booths too, I can ask Mrs. Byun to get the freshman to make some signs and decorate the booths as. Also my dad's friends with Mr. Choi and we can get the engineering class to build the booths. A dunk tank, we can have dunk the coaches, teachers, principle, staff, and the players. I have it all planned out in my journal at home, I can have Zelo bring it for me. Plus if you don't mind, because I know for a fact that you have an obsession with music just like my two friends, you can do some songs too."

"I'll consider performing, but  you do have a prett bullet proof plan, but where are we going to keep the money to make sure it's safe?"

"It's called a bank account, I can set up one just for the soccer team, that'll also build up interest, also it'll leave any extra money for stuff that the team needs in the future years. Always plan ahead Mr. Bang."

"Okay, then how far have you planned ahead in your life? As far as I know what I'm doing, I'll keep teaching, meet a girl, get married, have kids, live in a house. That's it."

"Not a very good plan, but I guess it'll work. Well mine is go to Korea University for soccer, I got a partial scholarship, Daehyun goes there and Zelo and Jongup both got in. So the three best friends on to college, I'll be staying in the same apartment, after college if I don't make it for the olympic soccer team in four years, then I'll go with my more pratical plan. I plan to major in bussiness and minor in foreign language and journalism, I'm going to itern the company my dad works at, he's higher up in the pyramid so there's a higher chance for me to get in. If not that my dad has some strings at other companies, I don't plan to use my dad's help for everything, but I just need it for that. Getting a job is completely on my own, I don't want to be a bussiness person, but it's good for resumes. Maybe coach a soccer team, get a job as a sports caster, or sports journalist. I'll get maried no earlier than 22, I'll have two kids, live in a nice house in the suburbs, have a dog."

"Wow, you really have planned out everything."

"Plan ahead and everything is secure, always be prepared for any forks, hitchhikers, or animals that come on the road. I better get back in though, it's getting late and I'm getting a little cold," I said and hopped off the swing.

"Here," Yongguk said and gave me his varsity jacket.

"I should get going too, Himchan and I are going to a birthday party for of a friend of ours."

"Oh, then here," I said and took off the jacket and handed it to him.

"You can give it back to me tomorrow when the team comes, night," Yongguk said and then walked away in the other direction.