Epilogue : Anniversary

No Escape in Love

 

 

JIYONG’s POV

 

 

6 YEARS PASSED…

 

 

 

It’s been 6 years since that unforgettable happened. But it still felt like it happened yesterday. All the things that happened were still vivid on my mind. The hurt, sadness and regret that I felt were still there.

 

But even though that happened, I was still grateful. It made me stronger than I thought I’d never be. In the span of six years, I rose up from my dreading moments and did what I love most.

 

I continued producing, making music and sharing it to all the people who could hear it.

 

That first year, I composed a song for her.  I titled it, ‘Heaven Is To Where You Are’

 

That said year, I performed it on my first LA solo concert. I decided that it was the perfect location. LA, I mean. It was the place that put me down to the lowest part of hell and up to the highest heaven.

 

People loved the song. That was the start where Kwon Jiyong and BIGBANG were widely known internationally.

 

It was a dream-come-true.

 

That second year, Chaerin finally debuted in the Kpop scene. It was awesome. She’s a part of this first girl-group that YG made.  And that debut made the Kpop industry insane. Everybody loves them. They’re even getting attention from all around the world.

 

Dong-Wook, on the other-hand, had released two albums on those two years. The first one was the American album and the second, his Korean album. He had also been busy acting on dramas and movies, the same as Choi Seunghyun.

 

Dara’s parents… They were also back in the CIA work. I didn’t ask them about it but I knew it was a hard job so I salute them for that. They’ve been happy now more than ever.

 

One thing never changed, they still love their daughter.

 

“Jiyong!” Dong-Wook yelled, getting my attention.

 

I almost forgot, we were preparing for a celebration. It was her anniversary today. It should make me sad but I’m not.

 

Dong-Wook, Chaerin and my BIGBANG family were there with me, helping on decorating the house. While Dara’s parents and Chaerin’s family were only a few hours before their flight lands on Incheon Airport.

 

The location into where we held the celebration is at the Park’s new mansion in Korea. Yep, Korea. They bought a lot and built a mansion on it. Since Dara’s parents knew how much she loved Korea.

 

It took six years before it was fully finished. It was beautiful and big. And everything in here screams Dara’s name on it. This is her style.

 

I was happy. Every time I could be here, I’d feel like she’s everywhere.

 

The house is placed just in front of the beach since Dara loves beaches.

 

“Jiyong!” Dong-Wook yells again. He was glaring at me now. “Get your mind to reality! We still haven’t gotten all decorations up to the walls.”

 

My eyes wanted to glare back but I knew that would be childish so I just faked an apologetic smile. “Yeah, yeah. Sorry. I’m in reality now.”

 

Chaerin and her fellows (the other girls on her girl group) were now cooking in the kitchen after they decorated it.

 

And it smells good. Like really good that makes you so hungry like you’ve never eaten for a decade.

 

“I’m hungry.” Seunghyun groans.

 

“Me too.” Seungri groans too.

 

“Add me to that.” Daesung pouts.

 

“Can we stop this and check what those girls were cooking?” Taeyang asked before his stomach makes the sound of a dying whale.

 

I was about to laugh when my stomach did that dying whale thing, too.

 

We all started laughing. And then hours had passed, Chaerin’s family, Dara’s family and my YG Family came. A lot of family, eh?

 

The place’s lights were turned to dim so it would look like solemn, peaceful. Paper lanterns were everywhere. It was perfectly beautiful.

 

We gathered around the dining table where foods, wines, champagnes, sodas, and chips are settled at.

 

There was only one candle lit in the middle of the table. We all looked at each other, holding each other’s hands.

 

We silently prayed.

 

Then after that, we hear the main door creak open. The cold wind whoosed inside. It was cold but it was completely welcomed by all of us because we know she’s there.

 

“Holy sh - ” There was a curse word. I almost laughed. “W-what the f -”

 

We heard footsteps getting louder to where we all are, in the dining room.

 

And we all waited for those footsteps to stop to where we are.

 

And it did. Dara stood at the pathway separating the dining room from the living room.

 

She looked heavenly as always, like an angel sent from up above. I couldn’t help the grin on my face.

 

She lived.   

 

Even after six years, I couldn’t help but be thankful that my prayers were answered.

 

She lived.

 

I also can’t help the tears that fell through my eyes as her eyes locked with mine.

 

She lived and now she’s standing there, beautiful as always, looking at me like I was her whole world.

 

All of us were about to greet the beautiful lady, the reason of my existence, when Chaerin beat us to it. “Happy Anniversary and Happy 6th Birthday!!!!” She exclaimed, jumping up and down.

 

We all glared at her.

 

The little lioness glared back. “What? It’s not my fault you guys were so slow.”

 

Dara laughed. And with that we all chorused on the greeting, “Happy Anniversary and Happy 6th Birthday!”

 

“I can’t believe this. I thought we’ve talked that this celebration won’t be celebrated anymore. I’ve had enough with all those five years.” Dara scolded, but I know she liked what we did to the place.

 

“But Dara, it’s your sixth anniversary since you lived another life. You’re six years old now! We’re just being thankful.” Mrs. Park said, and all of us agreed.

 

“And you,” Dara points a finger to me while walking forward to where I stand. I might add that she’s also glaring. That cute little glare. “You said to meet you up here because we have this place all for both of us! I thought we’re having an alone dinner date!”

 

After her rant, she kicked my leg. Hard.

 

I groan in pain and started jumping up and down with one foot. “I’m sorry, baby. Even if I want to grant your wish not to celebrate this day, I just can’t.” I stopped jumping and just tried to stand upright. The pain on my leg was still there though. I smiled lovingly to Dara before enveloping her in my arms, pulling her closer to me.

 

After a few seconds, I pulled away slightly, so I could look her in the eyes. I held the side of her face, caressing her cheekbones with my thumb. “I’ll always be thankful that this day gave you back to me. And I would always, always, be thankful until my last breath.” 

 

She pouted. “Fine. Celebrate all you guys want.” She looks at all of us with a defeated look. “But just so you know, I’m also thankful.” Then her eyes stayed on mine. I cried a little more, in happiness. “I told myself I’ll see you all again. I did, six years ago and until now.”

 

She bit her lip before pulling reluctantly away from me. She went near the candle that was placed in the middle of the dining table. It was a candle on top of a cake that says, ‘Happy 6th Anniversary’.

 

She closed her eyes and blows the candle. I didn’t even know if she made a wish that fast.

 

Everyone clapped, including me. I suddenly noticed we were all shedding a tear or two. But all of it was for happiness. Happiness that God gave her back to us.

 

I remembered that unforgettable day…

 

One doctor came out telling all of us that her team tried their best. Without much ado, I went inside. I got a lab coat and a face mask and walked to where she is.

 

It was true. She was already gone. Her heart beat on the heartbeat monitor was flat.

 

“I’ll try to do something.” A doctor said.

 

The doctor was a female; she’s just a substitute when the other surgical doctor was sick that day.

 

She held out a syringe or injection, quite a big one actually, before sticking it straight to where Dara’s heart is placed.

 

Suddenly Dara’s eyes flew open, wide. She looked from side to side fast, like she was panicking.

 

“She’s back.” I said in a whisper like I can’t believe what just happened. I went to her side and held her hand, trying to calm her down. “Everything’s alright now.”

 

“The medicine I shot her in is a new discovery. It’s from Miami. Glad it worked.” The female doctor said, smiling at both of us. “She’ll have to stay in hospital for a few more days and see if her body will be okay with the shot.”

 

I looked at Dara. And we both said the words we’re both afraid that we’d never had the chance to say. “I love you.”

 

I snapped my head back to reality. I stood next to Dara. “What’s your wish?”

 

She looked me in the eyes. There were tears forming on them; tears of pure happiness. “Nothing. I already got what I wanted.”

 

I grinned widely, she did the same. I slide my one hand on her neck while the other hand to the side of her face before I slowly descend my lips to hers.

 

As her lips touched mine, there’s only one thought that came to mind.

 

Heaven Is To Where She Really Is.

 

 


 

 

AN: It’s finally done! <*cries in one corner of my room*> T.T This whole story finally came to its end. And that wouldn’t have happened if it wasn’t because of all the readers and subscribers! Thank you so much!

 

And I also thank all of the people that took time to comment on my updates. Thank you! I read it all and it makes me so happy and loved! 

 

I'll miss you guys!  <3

 

Keep on supporting my fics ^^,

crazytop