Never Fight With Your Best Friend

No Escape in Love

 

 
 
DARA's POV
 
 
 
When I arrived at the hotel, I decided to eat at the restaurant since my stomach was growling embarassingly awhile ago at the taxi. I really need to feed my hungry and cute tummy. 
 
 
 
The restaurant was for reservations only much to my disappointment. I tried to bribe the restaurant employees and it worked. They gave me a really nice spot. 
 
 
 
I ordered Kurobuta Pork Belly with Celeriac Remoulade and Mustard Mayonnaise and s glass of champagne. 
 
 
 
It didn't take long before my orders got served on my table. And as all that I ordered settled in my table, I ate like a hungry princess. Yes I was hungry but I still need to keep my poise like a princess. That's what I learned since I was a kid. 
 
 
 
My phone suddenly vibrated from my coat on my lap. I took it out and saw that Chaerin messaged me.
 
 
 
To: Dara
From: Chaerinnie
Subject: We're now at the parking
 
We got everything you wanted. Where are you?
 
 
 
I giggled and felt so excited with what she said on her message. I've never been this excited in my life for over a year now. I keyed in my reply fastly.
 
 
 
 
To: Chaerinnie
From: Dara
Subject: At the hotel's restaurant
 
I'm eating right now. Meet me here. =)
 
 
 
 
I was about to put my phone back to my bag when I remembered I have to tell Jiyong that I'm already in the hotel.
 
 
 
To: The Dragon
From: Dara Park
Subject: At the hotel
 
I'm already here. =) You go rest okay?
 
 
 
 
My phone vibrated after a minute.
 
 
 
To: Dara Park
From:  The Dragon
Subject: In bed
 
I'm already in my bed with my laptop =) Gonna sleep after a few minutes.
You go sleep too. =) 
 
 
 
He's with his laptop? So he's working? He's such a workaholic. 
 
 
 
To: The Dragon
From: Dara Park
Subject: Sleep later
 
Gonna eat first before I sleep. Oops. Gotta go!
Text you tomorrow. Sleep tight!
 
 
 
 
I saw Dong-Wook and Chaerin entered the restaurant. I waved my hand, getting my best friends attention. They went to me as soon as they noticed me. I could clearly see Dong-Wook holding two paper bags and I'm freaking excited to get my hands on them. 
 
 
 
As they reached my table, I stopped eating and raised my hands up to them. Dong-Wook and Chaerin chuckled and handed me the paper bags. I peeked and saw the treasure hiding inside. I so love my best friends!
 
 
 
"I really love you both." What will I do if they're both not with me? I'd probably be nothing but a spoiled / loner brat. "You guys order what you want. My treat. I'll just take my new baby for a stroll."
 
 
 
I stood up as I gave each one of them the tightest hug I can. 
 
 
 
"Don't get too far.", Chaerin said as she hugged me back.
 
 
 
Dong-Wook my back as he said, "We don't know what might happen so stay close."
 
 
 
I pulled away from them and chuckled. They're like the caring parents I never had. "Well if you guys are that worried, why don't you come with me?"
 
 
 
Then, I heard Chaerin's stomach growled as she declined my offer with an awkward smile, "I can't. I'll stay so you guys go and have fun."
 
 
 
"Well then, eat a lot. We won't take long, I promise.", I told her. I grabbed Dong-Wook's arm and dragged him to the parking lot. I didn't give him any chance to decline me. He didn't struggled though and just let him be dragged and I knew he's smiling like a maniac. He always does when I'm excited for something.
 
 
 
After a quick walk to the parking lot, I saw my new baby. It was a white SUV. "Oh God! It's beautiful." I gave Dong-Wook a quick hug before I inspected my new baby. 
 
 
 
I heard him chuckle.
 
 
 
"That's a new release. And it got more cool stuffs inside.", He told me with amusement and it got me more excited. I opened the car door and there's a lot of good stuffs inside just like what he told me. 
 
 
 
I sat on the driver's seat and held the steering wheel. "Get in the car, Vennie. I can't wait to take this car out of this place." He smirked and enthusiastically went to the passenger seat beside me.
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
I think we already drove all around Seoul and I still want to drive more. I really missed driving a car and knowing it's all mine. kekeke~
 
 
 
I heard Dong-Wook groaned. "Don't you wanna take a break?" I glanced at him and saw that he's massaging his . Oops, I guess we've been sitting here for awhile now.
 
 
 
I sighed in defeat. I still wanna drive but I don't want Dong-Wook to suffer in severe pain in his . "Want to eat something?"
 
 
 
"There's a chicken grilled restaurant near.", He told me with excitement. He's really hungry, I can tell.
 
 
 
We drove to the place he wanted. It was just a nearby restaurant so we arrived after a few minutes ride. We went inside and settled ourselves in the seats offered to us by the waitress. Dong-Wook ordered some chicken dish while I just ordered desert since I'm pretty full right now.  
 
 
 
"So...what happened to the whole university thing?", Dong-Wook asked. I suddenly remembered the kiss Jiyong and I had on the rooftop. The kiss was much like how Chace kiss me but it was different when it comes to taste.
 
 
 
"Dara?", I heard Dong-Wook calling my attention. I shook my head as well as my thoughts. 
 
 
 
"It's interesting but what you guys did is still unreasonable. You should've told me.", I answered as I faked an annoyed tone of my voice. 
 
 
 
"I know and I'm sorry. I just thought that you can't live here in Korea doing nothing.", He sincerely said. He was right. I can't live here in Korea doing nothing but shop or stay in the hotel.
 
 
 
I can't get angry at him for too long so I need to forgive him. "Lets forget about it and talk about why you guys were in YG Building?"
 
 
 
"Oh! Chaerin finally signed a contract on YG Entertainment while I'm renewing mine.", He told me with excitement. I'm happy for both of them like I'm their parents. Like seriously happy. Chaerin always wanted to be in YG Entertainment since she was a kid, I remembered, but didn't get the chance before since she's studying in California with me and she can't travel back and forth in two continents. While Dong-Wook lived in this idol life, he struggled but stood still. He's such an inspiration. 
 
 
 
Suddenly, I wanted to know what I really want in my life. Chaerin will be an idol. Dong-Wook will be known as  the international idol. But what about me?
 
 
 
"I know something happened today. You've been spacing out for quite awhile now so tell me. What happened?", Dong-Wook's words entered my mind that made me snap into reality.
 
 
 
I sighed, a long one.
 
 
 
"Chace's death anniversary is today." I decided to tell him one part of what happened.  His expression looked so worried when I told him that so I chuckled awkwardly. "But I didn't cry, I swear. You don't have to worry."
 
 
 
"Sandara." He sounded serious which made me feel uncomfortable. He's always the funny guy but now seems different. And its not something I wanted to see. "It worries me more seeing you act like there's nothing wrong when there really is."
 
 
 
"Ven, just drop it. I'm okay.", I told him, getting annoyed at how our conversation is going. I'm afraid if we continue this convo, I'll end up crying. I don't wanna appear weak in anyone's eyes. I'm not Sandara Park if I let myself be a cry-baby. 
 
 
 
He was about to say something when a waiter came with our orders. Dong-Wook sighed as he didn't get the chance to talk to me more. He's getting frustrated, I could tell. 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
The next day came.
 
 
 
 
Dong-Wook and I still haven't talked since last night and it itches me. He knows I don't talk first after a fight. I have so much pride and he knew it all too well so why isn't he still talking to me?
 
 
 
I wanna talk to him but I have to resist myself. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
DONG-WOOK's POV
 
 
 
 
 
I know I'm acting like a kid right now but hell she acts like a baby. Can't she even, for once, rely on someone? I'm her best friend for heaven's sake! Why does she always keep all her problems by herself? I wanna hit her head hard enough to make her realize she's not wonderwoman nor any other female superheros in the world.
 
 
 
I don't even see that she sees me as her best friend. Friends share everything with each other but on Dara's case, she seldomly does. I feel so useless that I can't do anything about it. 
 
 
 
I love her. 
 
 
 
Hell! I love her so much!
 
 
 
Before it was love as a girl but as we grow up, its beginning as love as a close friend so don't get me wrong.
 
 
 
"Breakfast is ready!" I heard Chaerin call from the kitchen.
 
 
 
I went out of the bathroom, as I finished brushing my teeth, and headed straight to the dinning room. I'm starving!
 
 
 
Dara was already in there when I arrived. She didn't even looked at me when I sat across her. This girl won't even flinch like I don't exist. Grr!
 
 
 
"Yummy foods for my best friends.", Chaerin happily said as she served the dishes she made on our plates.
 
 
 
I saw Dara glancing at my plate and then back to her's. Oh here it goes, the jealousy about anything and everything when we fight. "Why's my rice half of his?", I heard her familiar annoyed tone of her voice. Same old, same old.
 
 
 
Chaerin frowned. "I thought you don't like rice that much."
 
 
 
"Well today's different, I want more rice than him.", Dara said with authority. She never really changed. 
 
 
 
And I won't lose to her. I raised my cup of rice and ordered, "Give me more too."
 
 
 
Chaerin frowned more. I hope she doesn't lose her life span because of her spoiled best friends. But nonetheless, she obeyed and got us more rice.
 
 
 
Chaerin sat, getting ready to join us eat. "What's wrong with you too? You guys have been so silent since you came home last night."
 
 
 
"We're good.", I said with sarcasm and faked a smile. Yeah, we're so damn GOOD!
 
 
 
"Yeah, nothing's wrooong!", Dara raised her voice with sarcasm just like mine.  
 
 
 
Chaerin giggled and clapped her hands in excitement. "Oh! I know! This is the oh-so-familiar fight of you guys! I missed this!" 
 
 
 
And here's another weird friend of mine...
 
 
 
Why am I surrounded with weird people? 
 
 
 
I must be weird too.
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

Comments! =)