Surprises

No Escape in Love

 

It was already 8pm when they arrived at the YG Building. They went straight to the building after the interview and a quick dinner in a nearby restaurant since they'll have dance practices later at 9pm with the CEO himself observing them. The dance practice criticism would end until 12am. Then at 12:30am, they had to go to the recording room to check the almost finished songs Jiyong, Kush, and Teddy produced.

 

 

Jiyong decided to call Dara to check on her as they were now at the dance studio waiting for 9pm to come.

 

 

"Why did you call?”, Dara coldly answered and it made Jiyong frown.

 

 

"Wow! That's a really nice way to great someone through the phone. You're such a welcoming person, Dara.", Jiyong said while frowning. He expected her to be nice even just through the phone.

 

 

Dara chuckled lightly before she spoke again. "Sorry. I just got really worked up arguing a while ago." After Jiyong left, Jong Hun can't keep his mouth shut until then. He kept on irritating her and of course she didn't act like she doesn't hear him. And just as what she said, she argued and argued with Jong Hun 'till the bell rang. Right now, she's back at her apartment feeling so lonely without her best friends and her so called boyfriend.

 

 

"With whom?", Jiyong asked wanting to be sure if she was arguing with the Jong Hun dude.

 

 

"It's Jong Hun. He's like a man from hell. Just like when I met you." Dara told him.

 

 

Jiyong on the other line was slowly getting angry with two reasons. First, she menitoned the gu y's name and second, she's comparing him to that guy. "Yah! You thought of me as a man from hell when we met? And yah! Don't compare me with that guy!" 

 

Dara who had to remove her phone from her ear because Jiyong's yellings almost destroyed her eardrums. "Thanks for breaking my ears! And yeah I thought of you as a man from hell. You were so annoying following me around, you know."

 

"Y-you..." Jiyong's was almost one tiny line away from exploding at the moment.

 

Dara laughed hearing Jiyong's gritting his teeth on the other line. "Wait. Are blowing hot air on your nose right now? Wow, you're really a dragon, huh? Will you breath fire later too? I wanna see that!"

 

"What did you do, Dara-ssi? Jiyong hyung's fuming right now." Dara heard Seungri's voice on the other line and then a thud on the floor like someone was shoved or something.

 

"Hey, did you just hurt your precious maknae?" Dara asked, worried for Seungri's condition.

 

"I did, so what?" Dara heard him say and then there was like a lot more thuds and grunts on the other line like someone was being punched and kicked on the ground.

 

 

"Ya-ya-yah! Stop it! Okay, I'm sorry. I was just playing around. Stop hitting, Seungri or anyone in there, okay?" Dara didn't hear any response. Her jaw slightly dropped as she began to panic. "Yah! Did you kill him? Answer me!"

 

 

"Call me 'oppa' and I'll consider not killing him." Jiyong finally answered.

 

 

Dara almost choked just by the mention of that 'O' word. She hates that word for no reason. It just irritates her ears hearing it. Maybe it was because that word would be usually heard from Jiyong's fans.

 

"W-what? Are you kidding me right now?"

 

 

"No." Jiyong simply answered. Dara frowned. This guy is sure testing her patience.

 

 

"Noona!" She heard Seungri's call for help that made her say,  "Okay okay. I'll say it." She just can't seem to take that such a sweet and cute guy like Seungri would be tortured because of her actions. It's like a cute panda in the zoo being bullied.

 

 

"O... Op-" But before she could continue to answer him, she heard Youngbae's voice calling Jiyong from the other line.  "Oh! I gotta go. We're still not done talking. You owe me a word, Dara. Sleep early, okay? Call you tomorrow! Bye!"

 

 

And then, he ended the call.

 

 

Dara looked back at her phone in disbelief. She almost thought Youngbae was her saviour but turned out he wasn't. Gahd, she really hated that word that it almost felt like a torture for her tongue to even say it.

 

 

Feeling so bored, Dara decided to go out of her apartment and go somewhere entertaining.

 

 

She went to the elevator and pressed down. It didn't take awhile before it opened. She went inside not realizing she has company since she's too busy thinking of entertaining things she could do tonight.

 

 

“I wonder where.” She said to herself. "At this kind of moment, I wish I was back home messing up with my guards and nannies. Urgh, I'm so bored!"

 

 

"Eherm!" She heard from her side. She almsot jumped in fright when she finally realizes she wasn't alone and Dong Hun of all people is there.

 

 

"You're disturbing my perfect silence, you know?" He said with his usual annoyed but playful expression.

 

 

Dara ignored him and stared at the led numbers indicating the floors they're descending by. "Urgh! Why is this damn elevator so slow?" She murmured to herself, not wanting Jong Hun to hear it.

 

 

"Whining about it won't make it go any faster." But unfortunately, he still heard her.

 

 

When he went out of the elevator at the ground floor, I didn't went out and immediately closed the elevator dorrs and pressed the floor of where my apartment is.

 

 

Her high spirit to go out was ruined so maybe she really is destined to stay in her lonely apartment watching some korea variety shows.

 

 


 

 

 

Jiyong's POV

 

 

 

As I reached where Youngbae and the others were sitting and chatting at, they all looked at me. Youngbae, who have his laptop with him, turned it to me and showed me an article from a NATE web page.

 

 

It was titled, 'Kiko is back in Seoul'. And below it was her picture in the airport. She was smiling and I wanna know why. How could she smile just like that?

 

 

"Are you alright?" Youngbae asked.

 

 

I stared at her picture one last time before answering, "Of course, I'm alright. Past is past, man." I smiled before I turned my back on them and excused myself as I went to see Dong-Wook hyung's progress with his album.

 

 

 

 

At the Incheon International Airport..

 

 

 

Kiko's POV

 

 

 

I'm back. I can't believe I'm back. Nothing seemed to change here in Seoul but I knew a person did change. And I'm sorry.

 

 

"Jiyong." I called his name in a whisper while looking at the picture I have with her girlfriend. It’s a photo of their kiss in the airport.

 

 

Am I really too late?

 

 

 

 

The next day...

 

 

 

DARA’s  POV

 

 

It was a normal day for me. Alone going to the university. I really miss my friends. How can they just leave me behind like this? Once again, in the elevator, I met Dong Hun. How lucky right?

 

 

“Morning!” He energetically greeted me with a bright smile. So fake! I bet he’s has a lot of dark things in his head to cause me trouble.

 

 

I snickered and ignored him. Why do I always have to encounter this annoying situation? Can’t life take a hint that I hate this guy?

 

 

“Wanna go to the university together?” He suddenly asked. I looked at him and raised a brow like saying ‘Why would I?’ Seriously.

 

 

“I don’t know. I was just asking.” He smiled like there’s a reason to be smiling at which irritated me more.

 

 

The elevator door opened after a while, we’re now at the parking lot. I was surprised to see him get out of the parking lot before me and headed to a really awesome car.

 

 

I didn’t know he has a car. A freaking sports car. I was jaw-dropped to see that the car was the one I was eyeing at the internet yesterday when I was bored.

 

 

I walked to my car still in deep awe. Then I heard his voice echoing at the parking lot. “You wanna check my ride?”

 

 

“Sure.” Forget how she hates the guy. Just for now, she’ll forget. Kyaaaaa!!

 

 

 

I didn’t really care if he was smiling or smirking when I went to him, running. All I care was to get my hands on that lovely ride of his.

 

He opened the car door for me, I went inside whole-heartedly then he went to the driver’s seat.

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

 

Dara’s jaw almost dropped as she saw what’s inside the hot ride she’s in. It’s like the coolest thing she ever saw.

 

 

She had always loved cars ever since she was a kid. And the time she got her driver’s license, she didn’t waste time and went to car-racing with CL and Dong-Wook when they got a chance at night.

 

 

Jong Hun felt so proud at his own ride. And he never really expected that a girl like Dara would be so into cars.

 

 

“Oh my gosh, this car can totally win in any race!” Dara was wandering her eyes and hands around the car’s interior.

 

 

“I can see that you’re a racer.” Jong Hun said in amusement.

 

 

Dara proudly faced him, chin up. “I’ve been into street races and won a couple times.”

 

 

Jong Hun chuckled a bit. “Then let’s roll. I wanna see it for myself.”

 

 

“Beware…I also drift.” Dara gave him a wink and a playful smirk before starting the engine. It was good that Jong Hun was there with her right now or else she’ll be totally bored. She has no Chaerin, Dong-Wook and CL. Thank God, there’s Jong Hun.

 

 

 

 

Out on the streets…

 

 

 

“You’re lucky we’re not on the main streets or else we’re gonna get our asses or your on jail with you brushing a lot of traffic laws!” Jong Hun shouted while tightly holding his seatbelt.

 

 

Dara drove like a mad man on the silent streets of a village. All was well until a black SUV suddenly appeared out of nowhere that resulted to her crashing Jong Hun’s bumper to the black SUV’s tail.

 

 

Thanks to their seatbelts and airbags, they were safe on their seats.

 

 

“Are you alright?” Jong Hun asked after comprehending what just happened.

 

 

Dara held her head. “A bit dizzy but yeah. You?”

 

 

“Fine.” Jong Hun said after a sigh.

 

 

They both went out of the car to see what happened. It wasn't a deadly crash but you could still see that the tail of the SUV was damaged.

 

 

“Oh sh*t! We’re in trouble.” Dara could only say. She noticed that the SUV is not just an ordinary SUV, it's a BMW SUV that screams millions of dollars.

 

 

“Sh*t! We’re in deep trouble.” Jong Hun said as four men in black suits and dark shades emerged from the black SUV and marched to where they were.

 

 

They were foreigners and they looked a lot like the guys who killed her boyfriend, Dara thought.

 

 

One man cursed as they saw what happened to their SUV’s bumper.

 

 

“Who did this?” Another asked looking from Dara to Jong Hun and then back to Dara. “Did you?”

 

 

The other two was about to move forward to Dara but Jong Hun went in front of her blocking them from doing so.

 

 

“I did it.” Jong Hun spoke in english which surprised Dara for a bit. Jong Hun turned his head to the side. “Run after I count to 3. I’ll handle this.”

 

 

Flashbacks of what happened few years ago came crashing on Dara’s mind. She shook her head. No, it won’t happen again was what she thought. She can't let history repeat itself.

 

 

“No.” She said in a very serious tone. “But if ever I run, I’ll drag you along.” Just like that, Dara firmly held Jong Hun’s wrist. In a few seconds they were running, while the foreigner guys chase after them. Running through corners of the village

 

 

Panting, Jong Hun said, “You’re unbelievable.” Jong Hun removed Dara’s hand on his wrist and held it before running faster than before.

 

 

 “I hear that a lot.” Dara said breathlessly with a sly smile as they ran.

 

 

It was a half hour before they completely lost them. They ended up reaching the busy streets of Myeongdong.

 

 

“I think I know them.” Dara said, catching her breath. Jong Hun looked at her questioningly. “I’ve seen them before...about a year ago…in Los Angeles.”

 

 

Jong Hun just stared at her. After a while he finally spoke, “Was it a bad encounter?”

 

 

Dara looked up the sky as she finally caught her breath into a steady breathing. “Yeah.”

 

 

“You should stop going public then…”

 

 

 Dara frowned.

 

 

“If you know them and there’s a high possibility that they know you too, they might search for you, you know. And it’ll be dangerous. And haven’t you wondered why those familiar guys are here?”

 

 

“I don’t know.” Dara gazed at Jong Hun. “Can you go with me somewhere? I think after what happened I’m not going to go anywhere without company.”

 

 

 

“Sure. It’s fine with me. You still owe me a sports car, you know? So I won’t be anywhere far from you from this day forward.” 

 

 

“It wasn’t my fault! That freaking SUV came out of nowhere!” Dara cried out loud at Jong Hun.

 

 

Jong Hun held her wrist. “If you say so.” He said with a brief smile before walking to the road and calling a taxi cab.

 

 

“Get your hands off of me and stop smiling!” Dara cried before going inside the cab. Jong Hun could only chuckle quietly as he followed Dara inside.

 

 

Meanwhile...

 

 

Someone’s POV

 

 

“Yes, sir. I apologize there just had been an accident. The SUV need to be fixed.”  I talked to our boss who called a minute ago as to why there still no news about the girl.  "Yes, sir. This won't happen again."

 

 

Then our boss ended the call. I went to where my companions are.

 

 

“Don’t you think that girl looked awfully familiar?” My comrad asked me.

 

 

I remained silent.

 

 

My other friend answered the question for me. “Nah, it can’t be her. She’s dead, right? You shot her and I bet with those loads of blood that came out of her, there’s no chance she’ll survive. But if she did, that’s a miracle.”

 

 

He looked at me. I just shrugged my shoulders. We stil have work to do. “Enough of the rubbish talk. We’re here for work so go! We need to find the CIA’s daughter.”

 

 

“What was her name?” My friend asked.

 

 

“Park Sandara. Here’s the picture.” I said as I handed him the picture our boss gave me.

 

 

He fell silent for a minute and suddenly cursed, “Sh*t! I think we just met Ms. Park Sandara!”

 

 

I took the photo from him and it's true, the girl we met was Park Sandara. It was quite hard to notice because she had a different hair color and a thick make-up.

 

 

“Damnit! Go! We need to find her or we’re dead meat!”

 

 


 

a/n: I'm sorry for the late update. I got sick so badly and then my exams came. I'm really sorry. Here's the update though.

 

Comments, please! I need your opinions.

 

 

By the way, I just watched 2ne1's MTV Iggy's perfs and it's awesome. I'm really proud of what the girls have achieved so far.

What do you guys think about the BEST NEW BAND IN THE WORLD and their NYC perf? :)